This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Downtown Disney Additions

If you're a frequent park goer, a non-Disney meal is a welcome relief from the offerings at the resort. Going to an offsite restaurant is nothing special, but I have done it when we didn't feel like eating Disney food.

On the other hand, people visiting from rural areas / small towns will probably find the chains at Garden Walk pretty exciting, and they make up a large part of the Disney audience. These chains are not going to be your standard Valencia Town Center staples, they're a little more upscale and not saturated brands like those we all have within the 10-mile radius.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
      That would be way cool! I don't think Disney utilizes the Monorail enough as a transportation mode.
      They must have figured out by now that with the two parks' entrances facing each other, the parks function with the monorail service we have now. But when Disney branded hotels rise above the Garden Walk and the third gate starts moving down the street, (not to mention DCA expanding into the Timon Lot), the monorail is going to have to be extended to these farther-flung DLR developments.

Side bar: I think they should also have a second entrance to DCA down towards the corner where they're kitty-corner from the strawberry fields.

Comment

I like the Idea of a few disney original establishments wether thay be dining or something else, but allowing outside companies use the space on the property is another good source of income for rent...
        You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Well, I for one would prefer something Disney created rather than a chain restaurant! Go outside the property if you want to eat at a chain - there are plenty of them out there and more when Garden Walk opens. Monorail Cafe may have been a bit past it's prime, but an updated version would be welcome.
          A Disney created venue (like the scifi cafe drive in ala WDW I suggested) would be great. But chains are already in DTD (Rainforest Cafe, House of Blues, ect) and so the other suggestions are just as valid as well as possible.

I also agree, monorail use should be extended as the territory expands.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
            But chains are already in DTD (Rainforest Cafe, House of Blues, ect)
            Very true. They just don't seem as obviously cheesy-chainy as say a Ruby's or In and Out (both of which I love). Well, Rainforest is very chainy but somehow it works, IMO.

Comment

Any ideas on where they will be expanding...either left to simba lot or right to downtown disney parking?
              You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

I used to love the Spaghetti Station because it was not part of a chain. Doggone shame they went out of business.
                When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Comment

Very true. They just don't seem as obviously cheesy-chainy as say a Ruby's or In and Out (both of which I love). Well, Rainforest is very chainy but somehow it works, IMO.
                  Yes, I agree the "cheese factor" is less with the current existing chains, even RFC, but I also see CalAdver's point in that chins like a Ruby's are not so wide spread that they wouldn't appeal to a large portion of the type of visitors they get at the resort.

I was trying to suggest things that although they might not be my first personal choice but that would be good AND make ok business sense for Disney to do.

Comment

I hope they don't add any more chain restaurants to DTD.

Comment

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
                      Any ideas on where they will be expanding...either left to simba lot or right to downtown disney parking?
                      I believe Dustysage told me that (depending on how the remodel of the Disneyland Hotel works out,) it will expand in that direction, and past Rainforest/ESPN into the DTD Parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                        I would rather have a unique experience vs. a standard fast food joint. If they did ANYTHING diner related they would have to top Ed DeBevick's!... which would be a challenge.
                        Oh, I miss the Ed DeBevick's we used to have here in Phoenix!
                        It was ALWAYS one of the few places that we had to go to
                        when we had relatives visiting. And it was great for special
                        occasions, too.

I really liked the Monorail Cafe ~ It's certainly the type of
                        restaurant that DD, in fact the entire DLR is missing completely.
                        You could theme it out to be even more 50's than the Monorail
                        Cafe was ~ but you certainly wouldn't need to go to the
                        Ed Debevic Degree.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

well...how bout moving the Disney Gallery to DtD????

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                            it will expand in that direction, and past Rainforest/ESPN into the DTD Parking lot.
                            So even less parking for DtD??

Comment

Next to La Brea Bakery...a Cinnabon and a Starbucks (or Starbucks type) coffee shop..

They would make a killing with the smells of fresh cinnamon rolls...and with the lattes...They would make thousands every morning before the parks opened!

Comment

The Old Spagetti Factory. Hands down.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                                HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                                ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                                FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

A dedicated vegetarian eatery. Not the token one or two vegetarian meals, but a fully-fledged all-items-on-the-menu-fit-for-vege-consumption restaurant. The range of good vegetarian meals can be amazing, but sadly most places in Downtown only cater to a handful of options per restaurant. It would be a huge hit with people from all over the globe.

The other thing I would like to see is a massive record/DVD store. I believe WDW has a Virgin Megastore, and we were disappointed to not have one at Anaheim. I was looking forward to coming home with a truckload of Region 1 DVDs and CDs I simply couldn't get here. Even Universal has a small record store and even better, a comics shop!

Comment

Another place I'd like to see added into Downtown Disney is a buffet themed to Disney. For brunch they could serve the Mickey Mouse face pancakes and Mickey Mouse face waffles.

Each of the different buffet "carts" could be themed to a different Disney character. Perhaps the seafood section could be dedicated to Donald Duck because of his boat and wearing a sailor outfit. Minnie could be the dessert bar because she's so sweet.

The tables could be located at differet Disney locations in the movies. In one spot you'd be eating inside of Snow White's cottage, another you'd be dining on the pier in Sydney with Nemo, then upstairs you could be eating inside Tarzan's treehouse, and you could also be eating on Pride Rock from "The Lion King." Another possibility is to have there be an underground eating area that would be themed to villians! The list goes on and on!

So, whatcha guys think?

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
                                      A dedicated vegetarian eatery. Not the token one or two vegetarian meals, but a fully-fledged all-items-on-the-menu-fit-for-vege-consumption restaurant. The range of good vegetarian meals can be amazing, but sadly most places in Downtown only cater to a handful of options per restaurant. It would be a huge hit with people from all over the globe.

The other thing I would like to see is a massive record/DVD store. I believe WDW has a Virgin Megastore, and we were disappointed to not have one at Anaheim. I was looking forward to coming home with a truckload of Region 1 DVDs and CDs I simply couldn't get here. Even Universal has a small record store and even better, a comics shop!
                                      Don't mistake this for slamming on the vegan lifestyle, I certainly am not, but true vegitarians are pretty much in the minority. I'm not sure a large place dedicated solely to that type of menu would be sustainable. Perhaps a smaller place or cart style service could cater to that pretty specific food market.

I am totally on board with a comic store!! I admit though (sadly) that it may be too specific of a hobby shop to be sustainable. Perhaps mix it as a comic/game/hobby store?

It has been said here already though, stores like that (comics, music, DVDs, ect...) are pretty comon place even in smaller towns/communities and so why build one at a resort? Resort shopping/dining tends to be the higher end stuff and/or less common stuff. Why have one in the resort when one exists (I know I looked it up ) with in a few miles of the resort? Still, I'm enough of a geek to let that particular idea call to me!

Comment

I would love to see a theatre there. Not a movie theatre, but a live theatre, something that can handle big productions like "Wicked" or "Lion King", etc. I know that there isn't room, but it would be a great idea.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                                        HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                                        ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                                        FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                                          I would love to see a theatre there. Not a movie theatre, but a live theatre, something that can handle big productions like "Wicked" or "Lion King", etc. I know that there isn't room, but it would be a great idea.
                                          They actually could do this (great idea, btw) if they removed the parking lot. Just extend the monorail to hit Pumba or whatever the other parking area is and make it a parking structure. Voila, you're done.

Granted, the logistics of this is probably not the best, but it could be done.

...Joe...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X