X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Downtown Disney Additions

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Don't mistake this for slamming on the vegan lifestyle, I certainly am not, but true vegitarians are pretty much in the minority. I'm not sure a large place dedicated solely to that type of menu would be sustainable. Perhaps a smaller place or cart style service could cater to that pretty specific food market.

I am totally on board with a comic store!! I admit though (sadly) that it may be too specific of a hobby shop to be sustainable. Perhaps mix it as a comic/game/hobby store?

It has been said here already though, stores like that (comics, music, DVDs, ect...) are pretty comon place even in smaller towns/communities and so why build one at a resort? Resort shopping/dining tends to be the higher end stuff and/or less common stuff. Why have one in the resort when one exists (I know I looked it up ) with in a few miles of the resort? Still, I'm enough of a geek to let that particular idea call to me!
    Still, it would be nice to have something that vegetarians could know they were getting some good grub in. Most major shopping malls have at least one or two dedicated vegetarian places to eat. Plus, non-vegetarians WILL be allowed in there Failing that, a restaurant with a vegetarian focus - and maybe a few "token" meat dishes - could also work. It just seems to be that vegetarian dishes often get relegated to the back, when there are just as many carnivores who don't feel like a three sausage and bacon breakfast as there are vegetarians searching for a non-meat snack.

A comics shop dedicated to just that probably would be hard to maintain, but so few comic shops - at least here in Sydney - are purely "comics" anymore. Movie tie-in stuff, statues, figurines, posters and collectibles make up just as much of their trade as the hardcore collectors, and that is just the sort of shop that would be great for the Disney vacation crowd. Hell, if a dedicated LEGO store can survive there, surely one that offers a variety of different products could as well.

As for the "CDs and DVDs down the road argument", that's valid but I think it is still something that needs to be considered. A tourist like myself is going to spend something between three and five nights at the Resort on average, and depending on how many times they have been there, will probably wind up spending the majority of that on property. Indeed, the whole point of the three hotels; two parks and the Downtown area is to keep guests on property as long as possible. It is to turn a one or two day stay into a week (or thereabouts). With this philosophy in mind, people love to shop for things and most people are carrying some kind of portable music device with them anyways. My next trip to the US will last for a month, and it will be nice to be able to pick up the latest releases as they come to hand. (Sure, I'll be in other major cities on that trip, but that ruins my argument ). Of course, you then get into the whole Disney CDs & DVDs being sold with non Disney CD/DVDs on Disney property thing. How does the Virgin Megastore in WDW's Downtown deal with that? Is it discounted or just the same?

Comment

A comic book store that sells vegitarian snacks then?

Comment

How about edible comic books that are made out of tofu?

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
          This may not be upscale or trendy enough for Disney, but I'd love to see either an Olive Garden and/or Red Lobster added to Downtown Disney. A solid, amazing seafood restaraunt would be amazingly good..
          A amazing seafood restaurant would be great in DTD, but I would not put Red Lobster in that category! inch:

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
          Well, I for one would prefer something Disney created rather than a chain restaurant! Go outside the property if you want to eat at a chain - there are plenty of them out there and more when Garden Walk opens. Monorail Cafe may have been a bit past it's prime, but an updated version would be welcome.
          I completely agree! No more chains, especially sub-par ones. I so miss the Monorail Cafe, I would love to see an updated version of it.

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
          I would love to see a theatre there. Not a movie theatre, but a live theatre, something that can handle big productions like "Wicked" or "Lion King", etc. I know that there isn't room, but it would be a great idea.
          I love this idea!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

What about the old fashioned A&W burger joints with the waitresses on roller skates? I remember those when I was a kid - we would go before we went to the drive in (I sure miss those kinds of things)
            Spell Binding Books
            http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
            The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
            We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
            Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
            Contact us [email protected] for more details!

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
              How about edible comic books that are made out of tofu?
              Agreed. My ideal shop would be a vegetarian comic book and record store. Surely I'm not the only one?

They could even name it after me: Loony Loomis' Lentils and Lenticular Literature and LPs.

Too much to ask, you think? I'll be there in a few months, so I expect it to be constructed by then...

Comment

/\
                Actually when the Hyperion Theater is remodeled and the Timon lot goes away, they may create a Harbor Blvd. side entrance so they can use it after DCA closes for events in the evening. (These guests would park in Pumbaa or Mickey and Friends).

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom View Post
                  A amazing seafood restaurant would be great in DTD, but I would not put Red Lobster in that category! inch:
                  I've always thought Red Lobster's food is really good. Granted, I haven't been willing to fork over the hundreds of dollars for a lobster dinner at an expensive restaurant so I'm really only going off of a handful of experiences.

Anyway, yes, BRING ON THE SEAFOOD!

...Joe...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X