Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking older folks to the park. (80 yrs.old)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taking older folks to the park. (80 yrs.old)

We're taking my mom in December. Age 84, plus or minutes a few (she still lies about her age). She can walk, but not far nor fast, so we;ll have a wheelchair. We're coming to Disneyland rather than WDW because of the smaller footprint and proximity of hotels to DTD to parks. I don't think she'll do space mountain or Indy, but certainly endless laps on jungle cruise and small world and HM and pirates. Hopefully soaring, to.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ61 View Post
      Take him. Price of admission is worth not having to say, "I wish..." You will have a ball.
      I couldn't agree with this sentiment more. Take him!

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
      Disneyland is more than just Rides....
      Again, can't agree more, even my kids agree! (sigline)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

We took my VERY frail (on oxygen and can't walk) grandmother to Disneyland for the 50th. She wanted to stay in the GCH and see Disneyland all dolled up. She lived in Orange County when Disneyland first opened, and went during its first weeks, and is a Disney lover (as most of our family is)...
        We took her to the park and she had a BLAST. She only watched the Tiki Room Show, but she just loved seeing the park and the hidden 50's and people watching, and feeling the magic. She also cried during the fireworks which touched all that were around her...
        Take him! He'll have a GREAT time, and it will be a great memory for all present.
        <3 Chloe

Comment

I totally agree with this list
          Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
          List of To-Dos
          DCA
          -Soarin Over California
          -Muppets 3D
          -Its Tough to Be A Bug
          -Heimlichs Chew Chew Train
          -Animation Building
          -Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular
          -Golden Screams

DISNEYLAND
          -Mainstreet Cars
          -Submarine Voyage
          -Honey I shrunk the Audience
          -Small World
          -Mickeys House & Meet Mickey
          -Pirates
          -Haunted Mansion
          -Mark Twain Riverboat
          -Jungle Cruise
          -Enchanted Tiki Room

I think thats about it that i got off the top of my head...they are all pretty easy going, and the shows just feature loud sound....cool?
          And be aware that the music groups really appeal too! The Disneyland band, Side Street Strutters, and Dapper dans really are a hit with folks. I took my Uncle who has 2 bad knees to Billy Hill and he ended up going back a second time. He really got a kick out of the Miner 49'ers when the rest of the group went on Soarin' for the second time.

Enjoy the time together no matter what you do. D-land is more about time with friends than it is about how much you paid.

Have fun!

Comment

Disney should consider offering complimentary wheelchair rentals to older guests. That policy would be a nice invitation to visit Disneyland for many seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
              Disney should consider offering complimentary wheelchair rentals to older guests. That policy would be a nice invitation to visit Disneyland for many seniors.
              If they really want to encourage that they should offer complimentary or significantly reduced admission.

Seniors of that age are probably a relatively light incremental demand on the attractions and probably have a secondary effect on family members who might be inclined to spend time with them rather than riding but encourage additional family attendance for the companionship.

And they still have to eat and contribute to other park consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                If they really want to encourage that they should offer complimentary or significantly reduced admission.

Seniors of that age are probably a relatively light incremental demand on the attractions and probably have a secondary effect on family members who might be inclined to spend time with them rather than riding but encourage additional family attendance for the companionship.

And they still have to eat and contribute to other park consumption.
                I agree.

My Grandma went with me a long time ago, and we rode most of the rides (I'm pretty sure we did mellow ones... And Roger Rabbit...), but that's cause she wanted to do stuff with me and I wanted to go to Fantasyland. This was also about ten years ago, when you could move around easier.

Senior discounts would be a great reason to bring your elderly friends!
                Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

To all who posted to my question, Thank You very much! Looking into taking my grandpa 85 soon! He probably will put up a fight but I think he'll like it!

Comment

Oh Please don't hesitate because you think of the money in terms of attractions!
                    Your Grandpa will have a great time, and it will give you a chance to enjoy the park in a different way. It really isn't about just the attractions. Just a great day with your Grandpa! Do go.
                    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X