This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: -

Wow this class sounds fantastic. I took a theme park design course at Pasadena Art Center a few years ago and I think they offer it frequently. It's tought my someone in the R&D dept of WDI and I loved it. We basically spent the entire course making our ride from concept to creation (foamcore model). It was a TON of work and our class went from 25 down to 6.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Wow, that's awesome. *Almost* cool enough to make me want to go to UCLA. (okay, I kid, I kid... even in the face of temptation, I have my standards )
      Well, at least it's cool that you have principles, and you're willing to stick to your standards...no matter how abysmally low they may be.

That is so freaking cool!

Don't ever ditch that class!
      Are you kidding? Not only will I not be ditching, but I'll be enjoying office hours every chance I get, too! I'm milking this thing for all it's worth.

Okay, there are my two passions, yet rival schools. OMG I'm conflicted. I need to meditate for a few hours.
      The decision is a simple one--would you rather hang out in the safe and rather pretty district of Westwood, or get jumped in the dark neighborhoods of downtown L.A.? Just sayin'...

In all seriousness, I encourage amicability between Bruins and Trojans. I kid just for the heck of it.

Comment

sounds like I need to transfer
        My book on a comprehensive study of the Disneyland Railroad CK Holliday is now available at http://ckhollidayplans.com!

My DLRR CAD Download
        My CK Holliday Project

Comment

The question between Westwood and downtown Los Angeles ain't no freaking question at all!
          "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
          "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
          "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

Comment

sounds like I need to transfer
            <Palpatine voice>Do it.</Palpatine voice>

Comment

That is totally cool! Keep us all posted, we expect NOTES mister! Post em' back here!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                how full is this class and can i just attend it anyways?
                If I'm not mistaken, if you are enrolled in another college or university, it may be possible for you to take this course through extension. I did this at CSULB and CSUF quite a few times, and it just involves fees and, of course, paying for what could be rather expensive units. There are deadlines, though, but certainly worth calling the school or checking out what the policy is online.

Having said that....what an amazing class! Please keep us posted on the stuff you are allowed to talk about!

Comment

Sounds like a good recruiting tool for WED. Knock 'em dead!
                  Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you get credit if you skip class to go to Disneyland?

Comment

UCLA...

Any chance they'll be offering this class at UC Irvine? It is another UC campus, and it is in Orange County.... I can only hope -- I live only 3 miles from there.

And also there's the problem of me re-enrolling in college after already having recieved my bachelors 16 years ago. Wishful thinking -- but then again, isn't that what Disney is all about?

Comment

What a great opportunity. Enjoy...having read your threads before, and visited your backstage site, I am sure you are going to have an amazing time.

Comment

Wow... so proud of UCLA... they have an actual real class now, with books and everything!

All seriousness aside enjoy the class. WDI has several mottos, I always enjoyed this popular one from the past few years "Well... it's not DCA" which was previously "Make it better then we made Tomorrowland". At the J.C. our motto was "You make it... we break it!" because everything was always built by the lowest bidder.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Do you get credit if you skip class to go to Disneyland?
                            I know you're just kidding...but honestly, I'd rather go to class. Disneyland is an incredible place that a I love, but I can go there for the rest of my life. This class is a unique opportunity and I intend to make the most of it. And then, like I said, there's the paid-for trip to the park in the second quarter, which includes backstage tours, very little waiting in lines, and numerous hours of free time. Gotta be one of those 35 kids...

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if its too late to work on a second bachelors, this sounds like an awesome class!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

now my question is, if this classes fills up...which it will.....do they offer this every fall quarter?

i saw you mention it has been offered the past 6 years.

thanks for all of this fabulous info!! my bf is really interested in becoming an imagineer and this sounds like a class right up his alley.
                                kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

I wish they offered it at UCLA Extension, then all of us could take it!
                                  sigpic

Comment

Wow I hope that class lasts for a few years...as soon as I'm out of high school, I'm soooo enrolling!!! I can't wait....but for now, I'll just have to learn what I can from books.
                                    The daydream princess

Comment

now my question is, if this classes fills up...which it will.....do they offer this every fall quarter?
                                      That's the plan. Vaughn seemed pretty enthusiastic about this class, and he said he was glad that they've been able to do it for the last 6 years. He made it sound like it would keep going. The two classes--Theater C146A and Theater C146B (or Theater C446A and Theater C446B for older students)--are offered fall quarter and winter quarter only, respectively. Technically, the fall quarter class isn't required to get into the winter quarter one...but anyone who wants to try that would need to be some combination of the following:

1. Very knowledgeable.
                                      2. Very dumb.
                                      3. Very convincing.
                                      4. Very rich.

Anyway, yes, I'd expect this class to continue in future years, unless someone starts posting all the top-secret info online.

Comment

Originally posted by RumRunner31 View Post
                                        Tony Baxter taught us FEAR - DEATH = THRILL at the Imagineering conference a few months back. I am SOOO jealous right now. Go Bruins!

<3 your Anteater cousins down the 405
                                        ZOT! To UCI. Now I'm really mad that I didn't get into UCLA. I can't complain about UCI though, still a really great school. But this would be the coolest class to have... EVER!!!
                                        sigpic
                                        Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

Oh WHY did I chose the full ride scholarship (Excluding living costs... darn student loans..) over UCLA??!!! I'm totally jealous. Have a great time, and share as much as you can !
                                          <3 Chloe

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X