This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: -

I hope you really enjoy the course.... I took it last year and it was a lot of fun, I've heard it has grown a lot... is that true? Last year it was a class of about 30...

You'll really love the lectures... but the only thing that was disappointing was that the projects were not Disney based , but instead you had to work with other art exhibits and state parks... Maybe it has changed though.

But ...the best part is the field trip, you'll find out when you go, but let's just say there's a special place you get to visit that not many get to...

Have fun!

Comment

Hey! if you ever need inspiration: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...nia-77215.html

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        <Palpatine voice>Do it.</Palpatine voice>
        "Do it!!" hahahahahaha
        sigpicThe Kid

Comment

I've heard it has grown a lot... is that true? Last year it was a class of about 30...
          130 students enrolled--full capacity. No one on the waiting list yet, though. For the second quarter, they're planning on restricting it to about 35 students. One of them WILL be me. :P

You'll really love the lectures... but the only thing that was disappointing was that the projects were not Disney based , but instead you had to work with other art exhibits and state parks... Maybe it has changed though.
          I don't think it has changed, unfortunately. Oh well. It's the learning itself I'm really excited about for the time being.

But ...the best part is the field trip, you'll find out when you go, but let's just say there's a special place you get to visit that not many get to...
          Which is exactly why I WILL be one of those extraordinarily lucky 35 students. No ifs, ands, or buts.

:rays for detailed photos and blueprints of backstage areas:::beg:

Comment

WOW! This makes me hate UCLA that much more. Any chance they'll be moving cross town in two years when I am there? That is really cool, too bad I'd never go to UCLA just for that one class.

Comment

Haha, and it's a THEATRE class! Right on.

Too bad nothing like that is offered at my college. But I am a Theatre major.

I'd imagine that this teacher could also potentially get you hook-ups to get into WDI? If this class could help me fulfill my crazy dreams, perhaps I'd want to sign up for the class in the future...

Comment

sounds incredible... wish I had an opportunity like that! that's one class id definatley go to!
                "To all who come to this happy place... welcome."

"Aye... That be true."

Comment

[Post deleted].
                  Last edited by Tomorrowland Tourist; 10-05-2007, 10:48 AM.
                  "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

WOW! This makes me hate UCLA that much more.
                    Inferiority complexes are profoundly difficult to grapple with, n'est-ce pas?

I'd imagine that this teacher could also potentially get you hook-ups to get into WDI?
                    Well, he is the Chief Creative Executive there. :lol: So yeah, it's possible. Actually, any idea we students present in class could potentially be used by Disney--it's part of the legal contract--but the way Vaughn described it was amusing. Basically, he said that this was just to keep the lawyers quiet and that if we had any ideas worth stealing, we'd get hired anyway. :P

I am currently in the class, and I loved having to buy the books for the class! My parents had to actually pay for books!
                    Cool! If you want, PM me your name and picture, and I'll do the same, so we can at least recognize each other. And as far as the books go--I know Vaughn wanted us to get Hench's Designing Disney. He never told us the name of the other one, though, did he? Also, where did you end up buying them?

Comment

[Post Deleted].
                      Last edited by Tomorrowland Tourist; 10-05-2007, 10:49 AM.
                      "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

130 students enrolled--full capacity. No one on the waiting list yet, though. For the second quarter, they're planning on restricting it to about 35 students. One of them WILL be me. :P

Which is exactly why I WILL be one of those extraordinarily lucky 35 students. No ifs, ands, or buts.

:rays for detailed photos and blueprints of backstage areas:::beg:
                        Wow that is a lot of students....but I KNOW you will get in... Good luck!

Did they change it so the first quarter is just lectures? Are you a theater major? I came to UCLA as a theater designer specifically for this class... go figure!

Have fun! Study hard!

Comment

yeah i want to take this class...just for fun
                          OLM!!!
                          There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

So Jealous!
                            Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Also amusing was the joke that every Disney attraction features the "and then something goes horribly wrong..." moment..
                              For me, that moment come to me on Jungle when the new skippers begin thier speil.

Or on Small World....when the boat is dispatched.

Enjoy your class, it pains me in my soul to say I'm more than a little jealous. Looks like UCLA is good for something after all.

:sc:

My 500th post...couldn't have asked for more.

I am currently in the class, and I loved having to buy the books for the class! My parents had to actually pay for books!
                              A common occurence when you go to college..it's the latest fad I hear. I know our Bruin friends may be a little surprised at this.

:sc:
                              Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 10-04-2007, 05:55 PM.
                              :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

Sorry, guys, but I've had to edit the original post to remove any descriptions of the events in the first class. Today, Professor Vaughn told us that information on the class had already been leaked to the Internet and that no action would be taken on it at this point because it was just the first class and the NDAs weren't handed in yet....anyway, I don't know if my post was what he was referring to, but I don't want to endanger this class for this year's students or any other future students, so I've cut out everything but the basics. If you've quoted me in this thread, could I ask that you please edit out those quotes and related materials?

Thanks guys, and again, I'm sorry. I'd love to share everything I'm gonna learn in the class, but we had to sign the NDAs, and I'm a man of my word.

Comment

Sorry, guys, but I've had to edit the original post to remove any descriptions of the events in the first class. Today, Professor Vaughn told us that information on the class had already been leaked to the Internet and that no action would be taken on it at this point because it was just the first class and the NDAs weren't handed in yet....anyway, I don't know if my post was what he was referring to, but I don't want to endanger this class for this year's students or any other future students, so I've cut out everything but the basics. If you've quoted me in this thread, could I ask that you please edit out those quotes and related materials?

Thanks guys, and again, I'm sorry. I'd love to share everything I'm gonna learn in the class, but we had to sign the NDAs, and I'm a man of my word.
                                  It's ok, it's all part of the conspiracy that some people here have started to believe in. You might also want to change the title because the words class and UCLA are not generally found in the same sentence when referring to education. While you're at it.. there were a few references to books as well. We can't be too careful, UCLA's reputation is on the line here.
                                  :mob:
                                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

It's ok, it's all part of the conspiracy that some people here have started to believe in. You might also want to change the title because the words class and UCLA are not generally found in the same sentence when referring to education. While you're at it.. there were a few references to books as well. We can't be too careful, UCLA's reputation is on the line here.
                                    You're lucky you caught me on a good day. Otherwise I might be prone to misinterpreting your pangs of jealousy as something to take seriously.

- Datameister, who's about to go for a walk on campus without having to worry about getting jumped

Comment

You're lucky you caught me on a good day. Otherwise I might be prone to misinterpreting your pangs of jealousy as something to take seriously.

- Datameister, who's about to go for a walk on campus without having to worry about getting jumped
                                      That's because you're not loaded down with these things called books so you can simply run away instead of fight!

sigpic

Comment

That's because you're not loaded down with these things called books so you can simply run away instead of fight!
                                        You mean you normally would carry textbooks at this hour at SC? Mmmm...I guess that makes sense. I mean, you'd have to let all the classes go really long into the evening, in the hopes that a little learning would happen somewhere along the way...

Comment

You mean you normally would carry textbooks at this hour at SC? Mmmm...I guess that makes sense. I mean, you'd have to let all the classes go really long into the evening, in the hopes that a little learning would happen somewhere along the way...
                                          I realize not every college has classes that last longer then the average game time... they save that for the classes that actually TEACH more then just sports! Anyhow I've enjoyed passing jabs back and forth, congrats on the class and best of luck

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X