Clear All
  • BigPigletFan
    I was deleted.
    • Dec 2008

Comment

• E-ticket
      With my wife....
      • Jan 2005

I always enjoy a line with a good queue... an "act 1" if you will. I'm continually impressed with Indy for the amazing themeing in the queue. I love pulling on the bamboo "pole" that drops the roof in the spike room (that, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be working lately). Problem is, not a whole lot of rides at DL have extraordinary queues. Besides Indy, the Star Tours queue is entertaining, and the old Rocket Rods queue gave people something to look at, but otherwise the attraction lines are just that... long, boring lines.

I say keep fastpasses for rides with boring queues, ditch them for rides with amazing queues, and start building more rides with good queues so you don't need to consider fastpasses for them!

Consequently, does anyone know if the queue for Space Mt "relaunched" is going to change at all? Here's hoping for better theming than Screech from Saved by the Bell, brought to you by FedEx!
      "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

• Cuzco-topia
        /sigh
        • Jan 2005

I'm going to play devil's advoquet here. What about the families that come once in 10 or 15 years who can only spend that one day at DL. Would it not be good to have the fp to be able to enjoy more attractions for the day than to spend most of the day standing in long lines for what...3 or 4 rides? They're forking over a lot of money to experience the park. Why not get the most out of it?
        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
        Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
        Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
        Marge: Pink.
        Homer: D'oh!
        Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

• MasterGracey
          Dateline Disneylander
          • Jan 2005

I personally enjoy using FastPass.

I think on extremely popular rides that have lower capacity it's a great idea to have FP (i.e: Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, etc) but I never understood the need of FP on the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean or ever Star Tours. The lines for those rides, although theyre popular attractions, are always usually short (except for HMH) ...it just didn't make sense to have FP for them.. And I have no idea why Winnie the Pooh opened with FP... its a little dark ride thats not even as good as some of the ones in Fantasyland... Why did it deserve FP? hmm...

As for the whole point of being able to see the themed queues- you get to experience Indy's queue with FP still and same with Star Tours (althought ST no longer has FP running) and I personally dont think Splash Mountain's queue is all too terribly interesting..... DCA really doesnt have interesting queues aside from TOT. I guess Soarin' has is a bit interesting.. but not too much... And we all know California Screamin' is just crap in the themeing dept.

I dunno, but I guess I'm just trying to say that I think FP is an all-around good idea... and I agree that balance is the key to it all..

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• swagdaddy
            Baybeh!
            • Jan 2005

They are too structured for me. I like to check my watch no more than 2 times when in the park, and that is it! I am there to be away from a schedule, not to keep on a new one. I am not a fan of them at all.
            www.deliciousmayhem.net
            www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

• Cuzco-topia
              /sigh
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by swagdaddy
              They are too structured for me. I like to check my watch no more than 2 times when in the park, and that is it! I am there to be away from a schedule, not to keep on a new one. I am not a fan of them at all.
              But the nice thing about the fp, is you can go anytime after the time frame on the ticket...not too restrictive I think?
              Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
              Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
              Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
              Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
              Marge: Pink.
              Homer: D'oh!
              Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

• Tinker Bell
                Sock Puppet
                • Jan 2005

Why Do You People Insist On Antagonizing Against The Annual Pass Holders?
                "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
                --"Being Alive"
                Company Stephen
                Sondheim

Comment

• sediment
                  Banned User
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tinker Bell
                  Why Do You People Insist On Antagonizing Against The Annual Pass Holders?
                  We have a whole other thread for that.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X