This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "AP" Conduct

So im just thinking out loud, when I had an AP and frequently visited the park, I did my absolute best to be sure that all the other people around were having a good time. Not in a cast member sort of way but in just being courteous, allowing others to have the best show spots and throwing out answers to questions I here people asking themselves. So I was wondering and Im choosing my wording carefully...Should the APs whom visit the park on a normal basis have a certain conduct in interacting with other guests seeing how APs may visit the park as they wish where as a family's vaction is just once a year...thoughts?
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Re: "AP" Conduct

I'm getting the popcorn and red vines ready for this one.

Comment

I'm not currently an APer, but I've been so many times before that if I overhear a specific question, I'll answer it. I've never had anyone think it was rude of me to answer, they always said thank you and some even proceeded to ask more questions. I try to keep from correcting someone (the urge is there for sure!).

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
        I'll bring the soda's. Pepsi Ok?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I think this is more of a duty for the locals than it is for the AP'ers. I know many APers who live far away and it shouldn't be up to them to go out of their way. But I think as a life-long local I feel that it is my duty to go out and be courteous and helpful to guests who may have questions or appear lost. It isn't only to make Disneyland appear freindly to these people, but also it serves to show them that the Southern Californians in general are freindly people, since Disneyland is a part of the Southern California fabric and culture.

I have always been helpful to the guests even before I got an AP because of this. The only reason I have an AP now is that it is now worth it compared to how many times I generally go per year. My conduct hasn't changed one bit before or after. I still go up to guests looking at maps and ask, "Can I help you find something?" Or will offer answers to questions I overhear in lines...

Comment

There are wo basic schools of thought on this. There are awesome, considerate people, which would encompass most MiceChatters, and there are pass-holes.

I think most of us try to be aware of the overall environment of the parks, and genuinely want others to enjoy DL as much as we do. But there are some folks who gain an inflated sense of entitlement, or are just plain too selfish to consider the impact their behavior has on others. It is useless to try and pin any one group (teens, pin people, drunks, us internet folks, etc) with responsibility for that behavior, but we would do well to call it when we see it, and help deflate a few p*******s' sense of entitlement, by letting them know that behavior is not socially acceptable.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I've always tried to be extra courteous (as an AP holder) just to try and dispel the myth that AP holders are jerks. That complaint is getting old and irritating.

I did work in the park and when some guest was a jerk it was because they were a jerk, not because they had an AP or not. As anyone who works with the public, you have your horror stories about the clientele. Disney is no different, however they have AP holders to pick on just because there are so many of us that it is bound to look like many of them are jerks!

Comment

the pass-hole was something i never wanted to be and always wanted to rid of...i never understood their way of thinking...I just dont get how they have to have the absolute best spots for parades, shows, and what not like their life depending on it. Or why they expect to be treated as kings and queens during all interactions with the cast. so frustrating...

Comment

I think this is the way people should conduct themselves in every aspect of life, not just at Disneyland, not just as an AP'er, and not just as a local. If we all went out of our way to be couteous and helpful to others, this would be a much nicer world.

That being said, I always try to make sure I'm couteous to people at the Park. If they look like they're lost (and madly scanning a map), I see if I can help them, or if someone asks me a question I try to answer or at least point them in the right direction. But, I also try not to impose myself on people by adding my comments to a conversation behind me, or offering unwanted information.

Comment

As a CM - Turned - AP, I know how the other side works. I treat any other guests and CMs with respect and kindness. I don't try to act superior and try to run the park like I thought it should be run. I let the CMs do their work. It's the CM part of me that wanted seems to answer guests' questions and give them directions.

Comment

....eh,

I'll let this one go.
                      :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

I'm an AP and I live in Connecticut. I am always courteous to people but I won't give up my parade spot that I've been sitting in for 30 minutes just because I have an AP.

Comment

Me & my wife are AP'ers who live in N. Calif. so we try to go down a least 3-4 times a year so we try to be as respectful as we can to other guest, mostly the ones you know are there for the first time, you know what I'm talking about got the map out looking lost, etc..., we try helping them out if they can't find a CM to answer their questions or we will strike up a conversation with them, point out certain things that might make their trip to DL more enjoyable. I know some of you other AP'ers do the same thing because you feel that it's what Walt would do to create the "magic" of DL.

Comment

Me too, I have Milk Duds to share...

Comment

I tend to mind my own business I won't butt into a conversation just because I know what they are talking about. If I'm asked I answer. I'm more reserved/shy, so I usually will not just go up and talk to random people.

I've has an AP sine DCA opened except for one year. I have never seen fantasmic and the last parade I sat through was when my child was 4. With the exception of last years Christmas parade and we did not have prime viewing spots for that. It had also been about 10 years since we had seen it last.

The last time I saw the fireworks was when the 50th was happening and I saw the show a total of three times. Mostly because we brought new people each time and they wanted to see it. Since we had AP's we sat for the 1 1/12 hours to hold the seats while they went on rides. It was their first time at the park. We did not mind doing it, but we sure weren't going to give the seats up either.

I'm all for being polite, but I will not give my seat up. I don't watch every single show every time I go. For instance whatever parade is going on now I have never seen. If I decided to wait and watch it I would not give my seat up under the assumption of whoever wanted my spot was visiting for the first time. That's just silly.

If for some reason I felt the need to go all the time and watch the same shows over and over again, then I would be more inclined to give up my spot.

Comment

Whether or not you are an AP I think its common sense to be nice and helpful at the park. I usually try to not answer questons that were not asked of me, mostly because I dont know if someone actually is asking or talking to themselves and I don't want to butt in :blush:.

As far as parade or fireworks spots, I rarely wait for or watch either (I haven't been in the park after 2pm since May), but if I do, I don't feel I should give up my spot for an out of town visitor. Everyone has the same opportunity to wait for a good space, and since I do it so rarely, I don't think the fact that I have an AP should limit that.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                                  I'll bring the soda's. Pepsi Ok?
                                  Can mine be a diet? I am bringing the reeses pieces.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Scuba never seen fantasmic? Protesting or what?

Comment

I say more on these boards then I do in real life, a lot of that is simply being pollite in public. I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, is it "Should Disney have a conduct code?" or "Do you follow a certain code?" in any event an actual code can't really be enforced. My thought, be nice, respectful, and honest... and CM's will appreciate it, other Guests will appreciate it, you'll feel better and whoever is being an AHole will really stand out!
                                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
                                        Scuba never seen fantasmic? Protesting or what?
                                        I caught about half of it once from the smoking section...or near it. I didn't care for what I saw and the spraying up of the water smelled bad. Once the crane went up with what appeared to be garbage bags over it I left. I certainly didn't camp out for that spot. There was hardly anyone there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X