This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking Spots?

Ok so I don't know how many of you think that smoking takes away from the magic, but I do. That being said does anyone else think that the smoking spots, should be well hidden, so that no one has to see/smell anyone smoke? Your thoughts of smoking and Disneyland?

Re: Smoking Spots?

Just to let you know:

This topic has been discussed before.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
      Just to let you know:

This topic has been discussed before.
      Oh wow sorry about posting another, though I suppose it's not to bad having one that's not closed.

Comment

Well since Walt most likely chained smoked all over DL I jut have to go back to one of the most heard questions...."what would walt do?"

Comment

Where would you put these 'smoking spots'? And if you were to say out of the park, it's bad for business, why would you want guests out of the park when they could be smoking in the park, where there are stores and restaurants so they can spend money?
          -Jack :geek:
          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

I don't know were all of them could be relocated but perhaps the old skyway station in Fantasyland for one, no one has any reason to go up there right now, so it wouldn't disturb the non-smoking crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthDucky View Post
              I don't know were all of them could be relocated but perhaps the old skyway station in Fantasyland for one, no one has any reason to go up there right now, so it wouldn't disturb the non-smoking crowd.
              Except they use that for private parties so I'm sure execs don't want that room to smell like smoke do they?
              -Jack :geek:
              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthDucky View Post
                yeah, I can see that working really well for disabled smokers...or smokers who maybe can not climb stairs due to bad knees or what not.

Maybe trying not to be so self serving and caring more for others would help. I don't even notice the smoking sections now.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                  Except they use that for private parties so I'm sure execs don't want that room to smell like smoke do they?
                  Didn't know they did that there.
                  Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                  yeah, I can see that working really well for disabled smokers...or smokers who maybe can not climb stairs due to bad knees or what not.

Maybe trying not to be so self serving and caring more for others would help. I don't even notice the smoking sections now.
                  Ok didn't think of disabled, ok so it would be hard to relocate the spots.

Comment

I'm a smoker and so are many of my family memebers. When we go to Disneyland we like to stop and have breaks. Most of the smoking areas are out of the way and you have actually walk into them. It doesnt matter where they could put them, the smoke is in the air anyway...

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

Originally posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
                      I'm a smoker and so are many of my family memebers. When we go to Disneyland we like to stop and have breaks. Most of the smoking areas are out of the way and you have actually walk into them. It doesnt matter where they could put them, the smoke is in the air anyway...
                      I have nothing against smoking sections, the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that bother me are the Tomorrowland and the one by Big Thunder.

Comment

Some people stand out the outskirts of the area which I could see it bothering the non smokers. The area in Fantasyland (behind The Matterhorn) and the one on the Rivers of America are ones you actually have to go into. They are pretty much out of the main traffic.
                        Last edited by XxBellaThornxX; 09-29-2007, 10:34 AM. Reason: Grammer error

Comment

These kind of threads tend to devolve quickly into an "us vs. them" type thing. Just so ya know. Smoking at DL is one of MiceChat's more controversial topics.
                          Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Im not trying to cause any problems or anything like that. I know where people are coming from. I was a smoker, then a non smoker, and then once again jumped on that nasty bandwagon. I see both sides of it.

Comment

I'm a smoker and so are many of my family memebers.
                              I'll get the torches. She's different than us!

:mob:

Comment

Im not trying to cause any problems or anything like that. I know where people are coming from. I was a smoker, then a non smoker, and then once again jumped on that nasty bandwagon. I see both sides of it.
                                I'm one of those in-betweeners. Always trying to quit, quit for a year, came back to it, now trying to quit again. :lol: I wasn't directing my comment at you, more to the original poster of the thread.
                                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                                  I'm one of those in-betweeners. Always trying to quit, quit for a year, came back to it, now trying to quit again. :lol: I wasn't directing my comment at you, more to the original poster of the thread.
                                  I know how that feels! I always tell myself ill quit after this last pack but then I forget when I smoke that last one. :lol:
                                  I've labled myself a "social smoker" meaning I only smoke when someone else is around and im talking. I hardly ever smoke alone.

Comment

I'm a non smoker. So, it's not really an us vs them for me, it's just common decency. The smoking sections are not that obvious. I only know where two of them are and they are both easy to avoid if it bothers you.

Now the smoking areas at my work are a different story, but DL's are not bad at all.

Comment

Since my father is a smoker, and I'm a non-smoker, I see both sides. It's nice to have a smoking section close by (it makes him happy! ) and you don't really have to smell it. I don't even know where most of them are. I only know where the one near the Matterhorn and the one near the river. I've never noticed the others (Are there others?)
                                      Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                                        These kind of threads tend to devolve quickly into an "us vs. them" type thing. Just so ya know. Smoking at DL is one of MiceChat's more controversial topics.
                                        I don't want it to become an "us v. them" conversation. I really don't mind if people smoke.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X