This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Wait Reduction Tricks

A bunch of guys from our office are going to Disneyland this month and we were wondering what suggestions all you lucky AP holders have on getting on Nemo. Should we hit it as soon as they open the gates, or wait till it calms down? If hit it quick, which way should we go around the matterhorn to get to the line quicker?

Any other suggestions are welcome too (like for HM holiday). Thanks!!
    Last edited by datbates; 10-01-2007, 08:15 AM. Reason: Sentence agreement

Re: Current Wait Reduction Tricks

Personally, I would wait until later in the day.

EVERYBODY (and I mean EVERYBODY) runs for Nemo or HMH right away right now. This means that EVERYTHING else (and I mean EVERYTHING) has a short line.

Last weekend we opened the park on Sunday. In about 2 hours we got on Toad, Dumbo, Alice, Tea Cups, Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear, had Breakfast, got Space Mtn FP's, went to HMH (and walked on since the opening running had subsided), rode Indy and then back to Space for FP's. If we went to Nemo, we would have just been getting off in the time that it took for us to ride 9 rides including 4 E-Tickets.

If they are going to be closing the park, I'd say to go in the evening. If not, then I'd say around dinner time the wait should probably be 60 - 90 minutes, the same it would be in the morning.

The difference is, they would have been able to get on ALOT of rides in the morning instead of just Nemo.

Comment

Well, waiting until October was the smart thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by datbates View Post
        A bunch of guys from our office are going to Disneyland this month and we were wondering what suggestions all you lucky AP holders have on getting on Nemo. Should we hit it as soon as they open the gates, or wait till it calms down? If hit it quick, which way should we go around the matterhorn to get to the line quicker?

Any other suggestions are welcome too (like for HM holiday). Thanks!!

Are you going on a weekday or weekend? Might be kinda busy first 2 weeks in Oct but assuming you are going say around the 20th or so it should be quiet. This is what I did: Wed evening during the parade I hit Nemo. Was seated in about 30mins. Quick line. Thursday morning Ridemax said to hit Thunder Mountain and that side of the park first. Then get a HM fastpass. Mid week pretty much everything was walk on.
        Janette

Comment

I heard get on Nemo any tme after 2 PM, the at is 45 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
            I heard get on Nemo any tme after 2 PM, the at is 45 minutes.
            We went to it during early entry on Thursday and it was already at 90 minutes (we did not run... or walk super fast to it). The man working the line told us this very thing. He said anytime after 2 the line should be under an hour. I did this Friday and my Sister in Law and her family did this yesterday. Both of us waited about 45 minutes.

Weekend afternoons even proved to be better for us than Thursday mornings. So yea I agree that any day after 2 is your best bet.

Comment

bring a cane and go through the exit, rent a wheelchair and go through the expedited wheelchair line.

Comment

Does the Nemo line stay open until the park closes? If it does, you could go to everything else in the park during the day and then hop in line right before it closes so that you don't use up any waiting time for other rides. Granted, Mainstreet shops might be closed by the time you get off the ride. However, I think that the World of Disney shop would be open longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Thisguy74 View Post
                  Does the Nemo line stay open until the park closes? If it does, you could go to everything else in the park during the day and then hop in line right before it closes so that you don't use up any waiting time for other rides. Granted, Mainstreet shops might be closed by the time you get off the ride. However, I think that the World of Disney shop would be open longer.
                  Yes, Nemo does remain open until park closing and all the guests are off the ride. I suggest doing Nemo at the end of the day and the last ride of the night because when you get off, there will be no lines for the trams of closing rush! That is what I did.

Comment

we went on Nemo on Saturday Sept 8th. Got in line first thing in the AM, waited only about 30mins..and that was on an early entry day at that....not too bad of a wait imho

Its the line for Peter Pan that kills....
                    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                    Originally posted by pratt55
                    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
                      The line for Peter Pan will never die down!! IT is always more then 40 minutes!!!

Comment

Not since Nemo. We walked on it a few weeks back. There was NOBODY in line.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                          Personally, I would wait until later in the day.

EVERYBODY (and I mean EVERYBODY) runs for Nemo or HMH right away right now. This means that EVERYTHING else (and I mean EVERYTHING) has a short line.

Last weekend we opened the park on Sunday. In about 2 hours we got on Toad, Dumbo, Alice, Tea Cups, Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear, had Breakfast, got Space Mtn FP's, went to HMH (and walked on since the opening running had subsided), rode Indy and then back to Space for FP's. If we went to Nemo, we would have just been getting off in the time that it took for us to ride 9 rides including 4 E-Tickets.

If they are going to be closing the park, I'd say to go in the evening. If not, then I'd say around dinner time the wait should probably be 60 - 90 minutes, the same it would be in the morning.

The difference is, they would have been able to get on ALOT of rides in the morning instead of just Nemo.
                          wow that's awesome , thanks for that. Until i read this post i was going to be one of the people making a mad dash for Nemo in the morning

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

NO! to the first thing in the morning.

First off, there is a good chance that not all the subs have passed the morning inspection at opening.

Second, seems like EVERYONE goes to Nemo first thing. If you have Early Entry "EE", go ride Peter Pan and other Fanatasyland attraction FIRST! You will get a lot of attractions done in the EE hour, instead of just one Sub ride.

Think of Parades, or Fireworks or other major events, that is the best time to get in line for Nemo, unless you want to see the shows/events. If not, late afternoon is another good choice.
                            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post

SERIOUSLY!!!

The least amount of time ive waited in that like is like 25 minutes and that was because the ride broke down for like 5 and a buuuuunch of people left so we jumped forward a LOT
                              sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Yep, while everyone was running to NEMO durring opening, we did peter pan first and the rest of fantasyland. We rode 16 rides in the first hour!!!!

And getting in line for nemo at 2min till park closing I only waited 25min!!! Perfect way to end the day.
                                FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by datbates View Post
                                  Should we hit it as soon as they open the gates, or wait till it calms down?

If you don't want to wait in line for hours, I would wait till it's near the end of the evening and then get in line and make it your last ride of the night.

But if you want to go on it during the daytime, I would just be prepared to wait and take things with you to do in line for entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by indyIluvu View Post
                                    Yep, while everyone was running to NEMO durring opening, we did peter pan first and the rest of fantasyland. We rode 16 rides in the first hour!!!!

And getting in line for nemo at 2min till park closing I only waited 25min!!! Perfect way to end the day.
                                    Wow! what a perfect day!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X