Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Suggestions for a good breakfast in DL

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggestions for a good breakfast in DL

the corndog cart!!!
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post
      I am totally excited about the Carnation Plaza, I called and made reservation for 10/29 breakfast for our next trip. Its slightly embarrassing that I have gone to the park for over 50 years and never eaten a meal there ( at least to my memory when I was a kid I may have) Now I am wondering since its late October and 10 am in the morning what happens if it rains being its outdoor seating?

We have a reservation for Saturday morning, you guys really convinced me to try it. Croissant Benedict sounds delish.

Comment

I had carnation cafe last sunday....it was horrible. worst breakfast I've ever had at the dlr. The tomorrowland terrace is better. If I was going to the park I'd eat at Cafe Orleans or Goofys Kitchen

Comment

What happened napamaninsocal?! I was there on the 25th of September and loved it!

I too am one of the ones who suggests Carnation Cafe because I had an excellent experience and a Mickey waffle is the next best thing to a Mickey pancake. I was fortunate enough to meet the kind an awesome Oscar. He was so sweet and the coolest guy you could meet in Disneyland. Just a very sweet man who is dedicated to the park.

My family usually goes to the Riverbelle Terrace but since it was closed, we tried out the Carnation Cafe and had a wonderful breakfast and a great time. It really made a great start for the day.
          http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
          Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

Originally posted by napamaninsocal View Post
            I had carnation cafe last sunday....it was horrible. worst breakfast I've ever had at the dlr. The tomorrowland terrace is better. If I was going to the park I'd eat at Cafe Orleans or Goofys Kitchen
            Let me guess: You didn't like the scrambled eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by fkurucz View Post
              Let me guess: You didn't like the scrambled eggs?
              Yep....but the potatoes were pretty bad too. Expected way better food considering it to be a table service place. The cafe scramble was oscars choice.....definetly not something I would recomend to anyone.

Comment

Croissant Benedict and Mickey Waffles were delish. I'll post a pic later.

Comment

If you want cheap then go to tomorrowland terace.
                  If want atmosphere great food and a sit down restaraunt go to the Carnation cafe.
                  Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

I like Carnation Cafe too. The line can be really long (when we go on the weekends it is). I didn't know you could make reservations there. Sometimes I get the Mickey Waffle and a side of eggs. The menu isn't huge but it all seems good. The only thing is the food never comes out really hot. It always seems kind of medium warm. But everyone is right, it has the best atmosphere. It has a kick back, people watching atmosphere. It's pretty to take pictures of family or friends at during Christmas too, with the red and green umbrellas and the Christmas decor in the background. I have a great picture I took of my husband there.

Comment

I usually go to the Storytellers Cafe - you can either choose from the buffet or order from the menu. It's a good family friendly and cozy place to eat at. It is located near the Grand Californian Hotel and has a decent price range. For more information on the cafe check out this site:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...CafeDiningPage

A place to get mickey shaped waffles would be at the Carnation Cafe which is located in the middle of Main Street across from the lockers.

A suggestion for lunch & dinner would be the Plazza Inn, they have wonderful, to-die-for fried chicken and carmel apple pie. It is also a wonderful location to view the fireworks from if sitting outside, a perfectly clear view of the castle and Matterhorn where Tinker Bell flys down.

Oh! For more information on dining in the park check out:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/di...yland-Park.htm

Have fun!
                      Last edited by MsSarah; 10-08-2007, 04:29 PM.
                      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Carnation has Mickey waffles. That's what I plan on having tomorrow morning.
                        judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                          If your eating in the park, gets my vote as well. Be sure to say Hi to Oscar.
                          hey my chorus teacher (one of themost amazing teachers ive ever had) is good friends with him, she always visits him. how long has he been working at DL?
                          We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

Comment

Originally posted by napamaninsocal View Post
                            Yep....but the potatoes were pretty bad too. Expected way better food considering it to be a table service place. The cafe scramble was oscars choice.....definetly not something I would recomend to anyone.
                            We didn't care for the scrambled eggs either. They have a strange, grainy texture. But we did like the potatoes.

Comment

Thanks everybody for all the help, looks like Carnation Cafe won out - we have reservations there for Friday AM.

I will come back to this thread and let you know how we liked it

Thanks!!

Comment

I'm so glad you guys turned me on to Carnation Cafe.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X