Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Suggestions for a good breakfast in DL

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal
    started a topic Suggestions for a good breakfast in DL

Suggestions for a good breakfast in DL

So what are your suggestions for a great breakfast in the park area? What makes your suggestion so good?

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Re: Suggestions for a good breakfast in DL

I had a pretty good breakfast at Carnation Cafe. Could it be that some of the servers are not prompt enough about getting hot plates out to their tables?

Leave a comment:

• MsSarah
    replied

That is greatly disappointing to hear about the breakfast - every time I've been there it has been great! I hope you enjoyed the park though.

To clear this up I've only tasted the waffle & coffee so when I said every time that was a give or take comment.

Originally posted by SoCalDude View Post
    Ooooooooooookk... had breakfast at the Carnation Cafe this morning and here is my Breakfast Report:

We almost missed the 9:30 reservation thanks to a 3-car accident on the 91 so we were a bit rushed getting into the parking lot, tram and THE slowest bag checker *ever*. Made it to the Carnation Cafe 5 minutes prior to the reservation time, looked up and saw a loooong line just about back to the bathrooms! YIKES! I was very happy we had reservations! we were quickly seated in a great seat up against the railing seperating us from Main Street. The atmosphere was great, could not be any better. It was great to sit there and see the flood of people just gush down Main Street. My wife and I both ordered Oscar's Special and one kid got the Mickey Mouse waffles and the other got the kids version of Oscar's Special. After waiting what seemed like a long time the food finally made an appearance. It looked great, I was eager to dig in and get going! But just for you I took the time to take a picture of the food first

Oscar's Special:

And the Kids Mickey Waffles:

Everything on my plate was cold. The eggs looked like they were cold when they were put on the plate from the not-even-a-little-melted-cheese on the top. After getting a "fresh" plate that was only a tad warm I decided it was better than cold and dug in. I was expecting more than basic-no-frills scrambled eggs. If there was more to it I totally missed it. I have had better eggs at McDonald's Big Breakfast. I was totally let down by this, and for the price I really did expect more. And to top it off the eggs were.... dunno the exact word to describe.... brittle. When I went to pick some up with the fork they just kinda fell apart into little pieces. I like my scrambled eggs in somewhat larger clumps and not to fall apart. It was almost at the point I needed a spoon to eat the eggs. The bacon was great (but when have you ever had bad bacon??). The potatoes were good, but they were cold at this point and it was hard to get past that. If they were warm they would have been great, so I give them that. My son stole my strawberry so his must have been good, so good he stole (and yes, stole, not took, not asked - stole!!) mine. And the slice of orange was nice and juicy and cold (good cold). I took a few sips of my wife's coofe and it was awesome - some of the best coffe I have had (granted I am not a huge coffe drinker, but still).

My son liked his waffles, my daughter did not eat all of her eggs - despite the fact she is a big fan of scrambled eggs.

Would I go back to the Carnation Cafe for breakfast.... probably not. But since this was the first time I had breakfast in the park in close to 20 years I really do not think this will be an issue anytime soon

I am going to write a full TR, we had such a great time with some really special stuff going on! So be on the lookout for that (ya, I know you just can't wait!!)
    Last edited by MsSarah; 01-21-2008, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IMAGINE
    replied

I enjoyed the Character Dining with the Lilo and Stich Breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Hula Lessons for my girlfriend was great...

Leave a comment:

• napamaninsocal
    replied

What did I tell you socaldude!!! Cafe Orleans!!!

Leave a comment:

• Fantasmico!
    replied

Even though the OP's adventure ended (so sorry your experience was not good), I might make a suggestion for others to consider. Catal in DTD has a very fine breakfast. It's a great spot that we happened upon early one morning while searching for a table service restaurant. I was on a pretty limited budget yet had a filling breakfast(Can't remeber exactly what it cost but it was around $8 but my sister spent $12). The restaurant had excellent service and was nearly empty so it was quiet and peaceful. We sat on the upper level at an outside table so we could see DL in the distance and watch people arrive from the tram.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal
    replied

Ooooooooooookk... had breakfast at the Carnation Cafe this morning and here is my Breakfast Report:

We almost missed the 9:30 reservation thanks to a 3-car accident on the 91 so we were a bit rushed getting into the parking lot, tram and THE slowest bag checker *ever*. Made it to the Carnation Cafe 5 minutes prior to the reservation time, looked up and saw a loooong line just about back to the bathrooms! YIKES! I was very happy we had reservations! we were quickly seated in a great seat up against the railing seperating us from Main Street. The atmosphere was great, could not be any better. It was great to sit there and see the flood of people just gush down Main Street. My wife and I both ordered Oscar's Special and one kid got the Mickey Mouse waffles and the other got the kids version of Oscar's Special. After waiting what seemed like a long time the food finally made an appearance. It looked great, I was eager to dig in and get going! But just for you I took the time to take a picture of the food first

Oscar's Special:

And the Kids Mickey Waffles:

Everything on my plate was cold. The eggs looked like they were cold when they were put on the plate from the not-even-a-little-melted-cheese on the top. After getting a "fresh" plate that was only a tad warm I decided it was better than cold and dug in. I was expecting more than basic-no-frills scrambled eggs. If there was more to it I totally missed it. I have had better eggs at McDonald's Big Breakfast. I was totally let down by this, and for the price I really did expect more. And to top it off the eggs were.... dunno the exact word to describe.... brittle. When I went to pick some up with the fork they just kinda fell apart into little pieces. I like my scrambled eggs in somewhat larger clumps and not to fall apart. It was almost at the point I needed a spoon to eat the eggs. The bacon was great (but when have you ever had bad bacon??). The potatoes were good, but they were cold at this point and it was hard to get past that. If they were warm they would have been great, so I give them that. My son stole my strawberry so his must have been good, so good he stole (and yes, stole, not took, not asked - stole!!) mine. And the slice of orange was nice and juicy and cold (good cold). I took a few sips of my wife's coofe and it was awesome - some of the best coffe I have had (granted I am not a huge coffe drinker, but still).

My son liked his waffles, my daughter did not eat all of her eggs - despite the fact she is a big fan of scrambled eggs.

Would I go back to the Carnation Cafe for breakfast.... probably not. But since this was the first time I had breakfast in the park in close to 20 years I really do not think this will be an issue anytime soon

I am going to write a full TR, we had such a great time with some really special stuff going on! So be on the lookout for that (ya, I know you just can't wait!!)

Leave a comment:

• StrikeYerColors
    replied

i love the croissant with eggs and bacon at tomorrowland terrace... but not too fond of the potatoes that come with it. my boyfriend eats those for me; he likes them. the strawberries they serve with it are always sweet. the other things there look really good too, the sunrise breakfast with the muffin and the french toast sticks, but i can never resist the croissant so i haven't yet tried them!

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

I'm so glad you guys turned me on to Carnation Cafe.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal
    replied

Thanks everybody for all the help, looks like Carnation Cafe won out - we have reservations there for Friday AM.

I will come back to this thread and let you know how we liked it

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• fkurucz
    replied

Originally posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    Yep....but the potatoes were pretty bad too. Expected way better food considering it to be a table service place. The cafe scramble was oscars choice.....definetly not something I would recomend to anyone.
    We didn't care for the scrambled eggs either. They have a strange, grainy texture. But we did like the potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• ACDCmaniac921
    replied

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
    If your eating in the park, gets my vote as well. Be sure to say Hi to Oscar.
    hey my chorus teacher (one of themost amazing teachers ive ever had) is good friends with him, she always visits him. how long has he been working at DL?

Leave a comment:

• judimouse
    replied

Carnation has Mickey waffles. That's what I plan on having tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment:

• MsSarah
    replied

I usually go to the Storytellers Cafe - you can either choose from the buffet or order from the menu. It's a good family friendly and cozy place to eat at. It is located near the Grand Californian Hotel and has a decent price range. For more information on the cafe check out this site:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...CafeDiningPage

A place to get mickey shaped waffles would be at the Carnation Cafe which is located in the middle of Main Street across from the lockers.

A suggestion for lunch & dinner would be the Plazza Inn, they have wonderful, to-die-for fried chicken and carmel apple pie. It is also a wonderful location to view the fireworks from if sitting outside, a perfectly clear view of the castle and Matterhorn where Tinker Bell flys down.

Oh! For more information on dining in the park check out:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/di...yland-Park.htm

Have fun!
    Last edited by MsSarah; 10-08-2007, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brigeet
    replied

I like Carnation Cafe too. The line can be really long (when we go on the weekends it is). I didn't know you could make reservations there. Sometimes I get the Mickey Waffle and a side of eggs. The menu isn't huge but it all seems good. The only thing is the food never comes out really hot. It always seems kind of medium warm. But everyone is right, it has the best atmosphere. It has a kick back, people watching atmosphere. It's pretty to take pictures of family or friends at during Christmas too, with the red and green umbrellas and the Christmas decor in the background. I have a great picture I took of my husband there.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X