X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pixar Play! Parade coming to DCA in 2008

Originally posted by WSVR View Post
    And if it was truly such a success, it wouldn't have to be pawned off on another park so quickly. Truly.
    Well, if you see it as "pawned off" then I guess that explains your perspective. Which is fine, but I see it as DCE seeing something that worked and was successful, and utilizing somewhere else, in a park that needs a boost in new entertainment offerings.
    If it wasn't moving, most likely it would end anyway and the new parade would be coming, or it would have just continued in its slightly scaled down form. Or, god forbid, they could have taken it out completely, and not replaced it with anything.
    I guess it is all in how you see it. Truly.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      And one more comment, reading all this info (aka Press stuff), DCA was hardly mentioned, but all the WDW parks were mentioned individually... A very interesting comment on the attitude of Disney....
      The marketing of the individual WDW parks hasn't been done in years. It should be interesting to see how this unfolds...

Comment

Originally posted by tcsnwhite View Post
        Well, if you see it as "pawned off" then I guess that explains your perspective. Which is fine, but I see it as DCE seeing something that worked and was successful, and utilizing somewhere else, in a park that needs a boost in new entertainment offerings.
        If it wasn't moving, most likely it would end anyway and the new parade would be coming, or it would have just continued in its slightly scaled down form. Or, god forbid, they could have taken it out completely, and not replaced it with anything.
        I guess it is all in how you see it. Truly.
        I would venture to say it is a combination of the two. I see it as the company attempting to run the cheap way out (big surprise) by recycling a semi popular parade instead of the more expensive route of imagining, developing, and creating a brand new guests experience that would be unique to a specific park. Why be creative when you can simply recycle the same idea, slap the Pixar/Disney brand on it and call it a day.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

FYI, thank you for the plug at the LA Times regarding this thread...

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=844
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
            FYI, thank you for the plug at the LA Times regarding this thread...

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=844
            Congrats on the plug "master mouse sleuth"
            sigpic

Comment

I'm excited to see this parade!

and does it really matter if a name or show/parade has an exclamation point or not?

If it's that big of a problem why don't you work for Disney and stop complaining about it...
              Last edited by Kritter; 11-11-2007, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Auditions have already been set:

Pixar Play ParadeToy Story, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars and Ratatouille.

Requirements:

Comment

Why does it sound so much like it's going to be exactly like Block Party Bash?

Comment

Because the idea was to showcase the Pixar characters in DCA in their own parade, while the classic Disney family of characters were showcased in Disneyland with Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams. That was the intent with the creation of these parades back for the 50th, so making the next parade for DCA pixar-centric continues that creative direction.
                    As for the parade, rumor has it that it will be more in look and feel like POD, just focusing on pixar, with some rumored elements of Mickey's Waterworks parade from HKDL (meaning there may be a water element). again, rumor.

Comment

Does anybody have any concept art for this new parade? I'd love to see some! Thanks in advance!

...Joe...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X