X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sambo
    replied
    Re: Annual Pass / Debit Card

As long as it's not managed a poorly as the Disney website is - where it takes a day for a page to load. I can see the lines at the registers now - it looks like a former soviet union photo of a store queue. A mile long and not moving...

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

A similar system is already is place at Walt Disney World. Instead of Annual Passholders ([off topic rant]who get an easily demagnetized piece of paper[/off topic rant]) the system is used by Disney Resort guests. A guest has the option to use the same plastic card as a room key, admission ticket, and charge card. I did this last year and did not carry a wallet, just the card.

Leave a comment:

• MegaDisney
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Incredible View Post
    I don't like the idea of doing a currency exchange when I'm actually buying something (even if my dollar is worth more now!)
    I can't beleive how weak the dollar is right now.

The Canadian Dollar is worth more than the US Dollar for the first time in like 40 years. And I don't even wanna talk about the Euro...

Sorry, I know this is off topic!

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Incredible
    replied

So, basically, what you're proposing is adding a gift card- like feature to an AP. Makes perfect sense. The customer will love it cause it means they don't have to carry around cash, traveller's cheques or whatever. And Disney's gotta love something that'll keep people in the resort spending money and not going across the street for lunch and such, especially with that new mall opening in the next couple of weeks. I know I would take advantage of it, cause I don't like the idea of doing a currency exchange when I'm actually buying something (even if my dollar is worth more now!)

Leave a comment:

• I. Queue
    replied

MegaDisney, we should totally sell, er, approach Unca John about our idea. We could use the profits to send poor Laguna Beach kids to Disneyland...

Leave a comment:

• MegaDisney
    replied

I floated this idea a few months ago, I don't know where the thread is, but I think this is a GREAT idea.

I have a key chain FOB tied to my debit card for Mobil, and an Amex with a chip for "fast-pay", so I don't see that it would be that hard to allow an AP holder to tie their card to a debit or credit card.

Leave a comment:

• I. Queue
    replied

Thank you, Autopia!!! You UNDERSTAND the concept!!!

"You, I consider a friend." - some movie

Leave a comment:

• Autopia
    replied

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I could see something like a prepaid credit card, but I agree the logistics around that just for APs woudl be har dto manage. They are probably much better off with just the Disney Visa.
    Really how hard would that be to implement with what they already do with APs? The turnstiles pull up your full color photo every time you enter, so I imagine adding a little secure charge info attached to your pass would not take much. The database is already there. Just not the hooks and implementation for a charging system.

But it would be easier to just pull out you pass and they see that you have the discount then just swipe your pass to charge. Hell, it could even pull up your photo on the POS system and no ID needed. Yeah...

Leave a comment:

• MollyTrolly
    replied

Don't they still do this at WDW with your park ticket linking back to the credit card on your room? For some reason I thought that was how it worked when I was there in 2000. I could see something like a prepaid credit card, but I agree the logistics around that just for APs woudl be har dto manage. They are probably much better off with just the Disney Visa.

Leave a comment:

• KDR
    replied

Disney used to have their own credit card for use in the parks and at the Disney Store. They got rid of it when they went to the Disney Visa. There must have been a reason for them to drop it.

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    This actually can be quite profitable for Disney with the amount of interest they can collect from this type of program. I am sure it won't be profitable to start off with but give it some time and it could be quite a money maker.
    With all the other easy payment options (ones that do not require 're-loading'), I couldn't see it enjoying much popularity. But, I never thought cell phones would 'catch on' .

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    With all the different POS options one already has at the Park, one more may be a bit redundant. The installation and operation of a database that size (with the demanding and expensive security monitoring necessary nowadays) would be a hefty investment, for seemingly little return. But who knows, if there is money to be made from this, I'm confident Disney will exploit it!
    This actually can be quite profitable for Disney with the amount of interest they can collect from this type of program. I am sure it won't be profitable to start off with but give it some time and it could be quite a money maker.

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

With all the different POS options one already has at the Park, one more may be a bit redundant. The installation and operation of a database that size (with the demanding and expensive security monitoring necessary nowadays) would be a hefty investment, for seemingly little return. But who knows, if there is money to be made from this, I'm confident Disney will exploit it!

Leave a comment:

• I. Queue
    started a topic Annual Pass / Debit Card

Annual Pass / Debit Card

For annual passholders, why doesn't the Disneyland Resort offer a debit card feature on the passes themselves?

Imagine being able to deposit a certain amount of dollars into your passholder account, using your pass to purchase meals and the like from places with cash registers (sorry no Outdoor Vending), and not having to worry about bringing along extra cash, credit cards, and gold bullions.

As a passholder, one can choose whether to participate or not.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X