• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shadow
    replied
    Re: somethings I noticed on pirates

Originally posted by startours1 View Post
    Yesterday when I was at the park, I went on pirates twice and both times I noticed that the piano wasn't playing by itself or the sword-fight wasn't going on. Why is that? Are they just broken?

NOTHING at Disneyland breaks, it's only on pre-refurbishment. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• TrojanSkippa
    replied

Originally posted by SilentDante View Post
    As someone who played sousaphone all through high school (that's right, I was one of the cool kids), I can say with moderate certainty that Steve is correct, as always.

Tuba?

I played Tuba....

Leave a comment:

• SilentDante
    replied

I was being facetious. I was, in fact, the epitome of uncool. And yes, the sousaphone is a marching tuba. Nothing attracts the ladies like a polyester uniform, 60 pounds of dented metal, and a beret.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

Originally posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    That would be a saxophone and trumping around in a high school marching band's wool and polyester uniform was never cool.
    Actually, to correct your correction, he was referring to an instrument in the brass family, sorta like a tuba, and the uniforms rarely had any natural fibers at all, so most likely 100% polyester. You were right about it not being cool though...
    (having been in band myself...lol)

Leave a comment:

• Steve DeGaetano
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    When I went on Tuesday the Piano/ keyed instrument that nobody can agree on , had the music playing but the keys weren't playing by themselves. It was stationary.
    They're not keys. They're pencils.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyRoyalty
    replied

When I went on Tuesday the Piano/ keyed instrument that nobody can agree on , had the music playing but the keys weren't playing by themselves. It was stationary.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

They need to clean the instruments on Pirates. In one of the scenes I think I saw a Rusty Trombone.

Leave a comment:

• disneyfan07
    replied

Originally posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    That would be a saxophone and trumping around in a high school marching band's wool and polyester uniform was never cool.
    its far better than running around naked!!!!!!! :lmao:

Leave a comment:

• Rustymuscle
    replied

Originally posted by SilentDante View Post
    As someone who played sousaphone all through high school (that's right, I was one of the cool kids), I can say with moderate certainty that Steve is correct, as always.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    And yes,

I noticed it yesterday as well. I was beginning to think I was seeing things...or not seeing things. Bottom line...glad I'm not crazy.

Yes and no. You are seeing things but you are still crazy.

Leave a comment:

• TrojanSkippa
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    I think I tore my clavichord one. Was in a cast for weeks!

I broke mine in high school, it put me in a sling for a month.

And yes,

I noticed it yesterday as well. I was beginning to think I was seeing things...or not seeing things. Bottom line...glad I'm not crazy.

Leave a comment:

• SilentDante
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Nope. It's a sousaphone.
    Is that from the Iphone family?

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    But I want to know the back story about the 3rd Pirate to left in section bravo-niner-alpha who appears to be holding a tuba wilst having a mean face. I think his name is Susan but that could be just a CM urban legend.
    That one is supposed to be the old man in the Bayou, (long before his 145th birthday, of course).

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

But I want to know the back story about the 3rd Pirate to left in section bravo-niner-alpha who appears to be holding a tuba wilst having a mean face. I think his name is Susan but that could be just a CM urban legend.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

We have all come to the conclusion that it is, indeed, a sousaphone, so no further discussion is warranted.
    Amen! :roll:

Leave a comment:

• IndyJn511
    replied

Nope. It's a sousaphone.
    haha, that would freaking rock my socks off.

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I don't know what instrument it is. All I know is that now I can't get "Love is Blue" out of my head! :rant:)
    We have all come to the conclusion that it is, indeed, a sousaphone, so no further discussion is warranted.

In addition, we have also decided that POTC effects are non-functional on a regular basis, but are usually fixed in a timely manner.

We have also voted that you buy the first three rounds at the MC 3rd Anniversary's after-event bash at the Cove.

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

I don't know what instrument it is. All I know is that now I can't get "Love is Blue" out of my head! :rant:)

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied

To the OP's original question:

1. Yes
    2. Maybe not
    3. I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...