Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when Disney is releasing new concept art for DCA?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea when Disney is releasing new concept art for DCA?

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering when we might see any new DCA concept art that everybody knows they have by now. Any ideas?

Re: Any idea when Disney is releasing new concept art for DCA?

in the recent Disney Mountains book by Jason Surrell, there's concept art of aerial view of Grizzly Peak from this year. It shows a very green Condor Flats -- but in front of Condor Flats is a sign that says "Grizzly Peak". The train where Burrbank Ice Cream is no longer there and there's some old fashioned automobiles near where the sunshine plaza would be.

I imagine more art will trickle out from here until 2010.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Concept Art is usually made to express an idea. It's not necessarily a plan for what WILL happen. It's just a way for an Imagineer to say "wouldn't it look cool if..."

So don't take concept art as gospel truth. I can name at least one time where concept art was actually altered to reflect a less ambitious project.

Comment

But Concept art is so pretty!
        Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
        ‚Äč

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
          Concept Art is usually made to express an idea. It's not necessarily a plan for what WILL happen. It's just a way for an Imagineer to say "wouldn't it look cool if..."

So don't take concept art as gospel truth. I can name at least one time where concept art was actually altered to reflect a less ambitious project.
          Concept art for a particular project is created and recreated until the concepts and ideas are nailed down to near perfection. For example - take a look at some of Marc Davis' character renderings for the Haunted Mansion or Pirates - in many cases the concept art is pretty darn close to what we actually get.

DCA's original concept art was probably more along the lines of what you think concept art is though.... Or at least it was what we were going to get until the budget was slashed.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

I could settle for just another update from Al that contains some new info. It's been a little over a month since the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket Jet View Post
              I could settle for just another update from Al that contains some new info. It's been a little over a month since the last one.
              As always, Al only updates when there's new information to report, and when all of his information has been checked.
              -Monorail Man

Comment

I don't think the Accountaneers made any concept art.

The spreadsheets that estimated the profits will be available next year, though they'll cost a lot, in order to make up for the missed estimate.

Comment

Sometimes seeing the concept art is more exciting than experiencing what gets built.

Bring on the concept art!

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    in the recent Disney Mountains book by Jason Surrell, there's concept art of aerial view of Grizzly Peak from this year. It shows a very green Condor Flats -- but in front of Condor Flats is a sign that says "Grizzly Peak". The train where Burrbank Ice Cream is no longer there and there's some old fashioned automobiles near where the sunshine plaza would be.

I imagine more art will trickle out from here until 2010.
                    Does anyone here have a photo of that concept art?
                    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X