This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jungle Cruise one sided?

As a Skipper I was always under the impression that Jungle Cruise is extremely onesided when it comes to the major show scenes. I was always under the impression that you sat on the port (left) if you wanted to see things and starboard (right) if you wanted someone to take your picture in front of it. When I submitted my ride enhancements I specifically noted that, and attempted to address that issue and make the J.C. more immersive. My question now, is it just me? or do others also feel that the J.C. is one sided?

Here was my proposal
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...e-78705p9.html
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Is Jungle Cruise one sided?

Originally posted by techskip View Post
    As a Skipper I was always under the impression that Jungle Cruise is extremely onesided when it comes to the major show scenes. I was always under the impression that you sat on the port (left) if you wanted to see things and starboard (right) if you wanted someone to take your picture in front of it. When I submitted my ride enhancements I specifically noted that, and attempted to address that issue and make the J.C. more immersive. My question now, is it just me? or do others also feel that the J.C. is one sided?

Here was my proposal
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...e-78705p9.html
    So you want an ambidecorous attraction ?

Doesn't seem all the important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
      So you want an ambidecorous attraction ?

Doesn't seem all the important to me.
      ambidextrous is the word you were looking for.

sigpic

Comment

I would agree. I also wish that they would fix the scene with the Elephant statue that is near the Indy queue. Due to the route change, you basically have to look backwards to see it.
        The Mur

Comment

Doesn't the "one-sidedness" add to Guests repeating the attraction over and over again? Along with the diverse Jungle Cruise hosts?

It doesn't really matter to me. I've been on that "ride" no more than ten times in my life. The hosts and hostesses don't impress me much.

I'd rather have little kids poking at me with sticks...

Comment

Originally posted by themur View Post
            I would agree. I also wish that they would fix the scene with the Elephant statue that is near the Indy queue. Due to the route change, you basically have to look backwards to see it.
            I believe you are referring to the Monkey statue across from Indy's exit... Bob...

sigpic

Comment

No, I think he had it right - perhaps if I highlight it you'll see that ambidecorous is a valid compound word construction. Another way to look at it would be ambiambient, or perhaps bidecorus...

Welcome to American English - if we don't have a word for something, we get out the hammer and tongs and build one from spare parts. One I use all the time is "Automagic" or "automagically" for a complex electromechanical system to do something in sequence on demand - and hopefully do it correctly every time.

The first system I would describe this way was the Ford Fairlane Skyliner Sedan. With one push of a button (and a virtual army of relays, limit switches, electric motors and hydraulic cylinders...) the hardtop convertible roof released itself from the windshield header and the trunk lid, lowered the side windows, raised the trunk lid, raised the roof, folded it in half, stowed the roof inthe trunk, then raised the tonneau cover lip on the trunk leading edge and closed the trunk. Hopefully all in the right sequence and to completion before starting the next step...

Now then, back to Jungle Criuise - I'm not sure if it was deliberate or not, but they did seem to put all the major show scenes off to the right side.

Fixing this would best be done where there's already a show scene on the right and a left turn in the river - you can "sneak people up to" the scene change and then say "Look! Over on the left!!" and make it a 'surprise' because the Crew is used to looking right for all the good stuff to that point.

--<< Bruce >>--
              There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

No it isn't. I know how to speak and write English very well.

Ambi-decorous means it's decorated on either side.

When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'

`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's all.'

Comment

As a Skipper I was always under the impression that Jungle Cruise is extremely onesided when it comes to the major show scenes. I was always under the impression that you sat on the port (left) if you wanted to see things and starboard (right) if you wanted someone to take your picture in front of it. When I submitted my ride enhancements I specifically noted that, and attempted to address that issue and make the J.C. more immersive.
                  Now that you mention it, I think you are right -- or is it left?
                  Ryborg

Comment

I believe you are referring to the Monkey statue across from Indy's exit... Bob...
                    Yes you are correct. That one needs to be reoriented.
                    The Mur

Comment

I actually don't mind it at all. To me it's more immersive to see people having to turn and look over their shoulders.

Comment

I'm sure a lot of it has do with the direction the boats travel.
                        There may be several turns in different directions but the boats travel in a circle pattern(lots of left hand turns), that leaves the smaller island's on the left and the larger open areas on the right.

As a side note, why did they get rid of the gorilla Vs the Croc scene?

Comment

Actually it's because they didn't want guests suing to pay their Chiropractic bills.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
                            I'm sure a lot of it has do with the direction the boats travel.
                            There may be several turns in different directions but the boats travel in a circle pattern(lots of left hand turns), that leaves the smaller island's on the left and the larger open areas on the right.

As a side note, why did they get rid of the gorilla Vs the Croc scene?
                            Gorilla V Croc... man I miss that fight, best line was a sweet young female skipper who threw a FIT about losing her holiday ham (used to be in that scene). Sadly everything was moved around during the last rehab and now the croc snaps at the boat in the temple and the gorilla plays with a box of dynamite. The Gorilla V Dynamite scene is hard for even a seasoned Vet to pull off, let alone a rookie... and the official jokes there are crap.

As far as physical real estate, next time you hit the African Veldt (big scene with Lions, Giraffes, Impala, Gnu, and Zebra) look left. There is plenty of room to make it fully immersive. I was originally told that the suits felt it would be overwhelming, but when you think about it the entire Jungle should be all around you... not just on one side. Also when they used to use the motorized Skiff they made a turnout there... which would be perfect for a drinking giraffe among other things.

sigpic

Comment

Gorilla V Croc... man I miss that fight, best line was a sweet young female skipper who threw a FIT about losing her holiday ham (used to be in that scene). Sadly everything was moved around during the last rehab and now the croc snaps at the boat in the temple and the gorilla plays with a box of dynamite. The Gorilla V Dynamite scene is hard for even a seasoned Vet to pull off, let alone a rookie... and the official jokes there are crap.

As far as physical real estate, next time you hit the African Veldt (big scene with Lions, Giraffes, Impala, Gnu, and Zebra) look left. There is plenty of room to make it fully immersive. I was originally told that the suits felt it would be overwhelming, but when you think about it the entire Jungle should be all around you... not just on one side. Also when they used to use the motorized Skiff they made a turnout there... which would be perfect for a drinking giraffe among other things.
                              Holiday ham? I don't think I've ever even noticed this gorilla. None of my skippers point it out, I don't think.
                              Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                                Holiday ham? I don't think I've ever even noticed this gorilla. None of my skippers point it out, I don't think.
                                Long story short, Gorilla with the boom box used to be Gorilla Croc and one of the props in that scene was a ham. There was a girl who would go on and on about the ham, looking for it in the camp... then scream and get really pissed when she saw it with the Gorilla and Croc. It's a great memory.

sigpic

Comment

But you get the rare opportunity to see the back side of water...inconceivable!!! :yea:

Comment

LOL, I always end up with a crick in my neck from this ride.
                                    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

I would love for it to seem more realistic in the sense of having it "all around" you. Not exact scenes, but just additions to scenes would be a huge improvement - it would, to me anyways, make it more fun to ride it over and over again - it would give more variations to experience and more fodder for the skippers too

Comment

I am equally bored on either side. I love the Elephant Bathing Pool scene, however--it's a gem, and worth slogging through the speils to get to see it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X