Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you pay to stay in the Walt Disney Dream Suite in Disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you pay to stay in the Walt Disney Dream Suite in Disneyland?

I would not be willing to pay for a stay in the suite, although the experience of having the place to myself, watching F! from the balcony and staying up late watching the nite crew is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I would do it if I won, but I wouldn't pay for it.

As far club 33, I wouldn't pay to get in. If I have a chance to dine there great...if not then I am happy with other dining opportunities.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

yes...and...yes
      OLM!!!
      There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
        When I could go up there for FREE and have it be the Disney Gallery....I'd not pay one cent to go to that suite. I miss the Gallery too much!
        I still hope maybe the Gallery may come back after the year is over in 18 months or so!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
          It's because I have lived 20 minutes away from Disneyland my entire life. Nothing much goes on at night there except for a lot of noise from equipment fixing up the park for the next day. Don't take that as a negative, but to me, Disneyland's magic is a park filled with happy guests.
          I lived about 10 min. away for about 20 years of my life. I agree that a lot of the magic comes from the guests, but as a former CM, I've been there after closing and the feeling is definitely surreal. Did you know that when there is no one in the park, you can hear Little Leota from HM and her spiel "Hurry baaack....hurry baaack..." All the way down to the Rivers of America? Pretty neat. I also heard that they were going to have a concierge with the suite so that the guests of the suite can go out into the park after closing and ride the attractions that they wanted. I don't know how they're going to do this but I think it would be awfully neat to say "I slept in Disneyland" don't you?

As for all the upset DG fans... I was a super Circle Vision fan, but that didn't stop me from riding Rocket Rods and now BLAB. Plus, I'm sure they will move all the Gallery stuff to a new location eventually.
          I've seen the cursed treasure and I know where it be hidden...

Comment

I would pay the price I would pay any good motel room, under 200.00 ( I will be in the park most of the day and night anyways right?
            and as far as club 33 I would pay the same price I would for a good meal at the blue byou. no more no less.

Comment

They should unplug Little Leota and unused lights at night, try to be GREEN Mickey.

Comment

It will probably go for $2000 a night and 2 years worth of reservations will have been filled the hour after the news spreads. Promting a $500 increase.

Comment

i would pay $1000 for the room...as long as there was room service and maybe $100 plus the meal for club 33
                  OLM!!!
                  There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Send your checks to me, I'll be taking reservations on their behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by KDR View Post
                      Sadly, while this sort of thing was possible in the past, Club 33 has put a complete stop to such practices. While it was never okay for a reservation to be sold, it used to be that a member could get permission in advance to donate a dinner reservation to a charity, and that charity would auction, raffle, or sell the reservation to raise funds. No more. The charity exemption was removed this year. From what I've read, doing so can result in the immediate termination of membership, so you can bet that avenue is already fully closed off. I can't imagine any Club member risking their membership that way!
                      I think I had heard this recently - and was saddened by it! That was going to be my best shot at ever getting in there. For arguments sake, I suppose if someone I knew was a Member of Club 33 and offered me dinner there, I'd probably still make a donation to a charity for my own conscience.
                      I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                      then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

I wouldn't pay anything to stay there. I also counted the Gattery as one of my favorite places in the park. Not only was it an amazing showcase of original art, you could purchase that art! What they sold there was different from the same 10 tshirts and mugs sold every other place in the park. Even if you couldn't afford to purchase real art, you could enjoy it. It always had such a secluded feel to it and was a wonderful escape on a crowded summer day. I loved the little indoor patio as well. Hopefully its not so expensive to convert into a suite that they couldn't bring it back.

Seriously, for me this borders on renting out Walt's Apartment on Main St, which I'm sure can't be far behind. NOS used to be the most enchanting place in the park after closing. Now I just can't think of it that way anymore. All I can say is they better have something similar to it somewhere else in the park and quick.
                        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                        Help support the site you love:
                        -Visit the MiceChat store
                        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedWench View Post
                          Is for all the upset DG fans... I was a super Circle Vision fan, but that didn't stop me from riding Rocket Rods and now BLAB. Plus, I'm sure they will move all the Gallery stuff to a new location eventually.
                          I think the difference is when they replaced Circle Vision with Rocket Rods and then BLAB...ALL guests could still enjoy the replacement attractions. Now, very very few guests will be able to enjoy it. Only one family will be picked out of the thousands that are there, instead of the thousands that would go through the gallery.
                          Originally posted by migo
                          I poop with joy!
                          Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

I would pay maybe $100 to stay there. Just like a regular hotel room. It's not that special imo. I've already been there, seen the rooms, been on the patio, etc. I DO think it is a really cool prize to win especially for a family who maybe this is their first trip to dlr. or even the ap who goes 3 times a week. I know i would be stoked if I won.

Comment

I would pay waay more than a hundred and I'm sure 365 other people would each year as well. This thing is a hit in my book, the gallery was awesome, but this is better, and the gallery will make a triumphant return, prolly in DCA. dun dun dun!

Comment

Wouldn't pay a dime.

First, I liked the Gallery, it was a nice place to relax and to look at paintings even if you weren't buying anything. I always liked seeing concept art and abstract drawings etc.

Second, Walt never stayed in there and I'm not too keen on the idea of someone staying in Walt's new apartment before he ever did (or will since he's dead). I just think it's dis-respectful.

Third, do you know how freaking loud it's going be at night outside? Trucks coming in and out of NOS to work on this and that, drilling and such. I'm sure your hotel rooms across the street will be more quiet than what it would be like inside that suite. I don't think I'd sleep that much.

Fourth, you can't leave the place and walk around. I wouldn't want to be confined in one area for too long.

I mean, I'd love to stay there but pay for it? Ok, I'll pay a penny.
                                -Jack :geek:
                                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                  I wouldn't pay a dime to stay in the Dream Suite.
                                  Ditto.

Besides...I kinda think that there will be a particular 'presence' there—that space was intended to be hers.

Club 33, not sure. I don't think I'll put a price on it, I am willing - but it always seems that once that's expressed, they raise the starting price by a factor of 3 from that.

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't stay there.
                                    As much as I would love to stay at the park
                                    I can't believe they rip out one of the best things in the park.
                                    The Gallery was taken out for something that do well the first year, so they will go one more round a do another year. In other words, we lost a treasure for YOAMD #2. WHAT A WASTE!!

CLUB 33. Sure it's a place Walt walked, but he also spent more time in the park and I"m happy to just be there.
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz

Comment

It could be worse - they could be making the suite Pirate-themed...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                                        It could be worse - they could be making the suite Pirate-themed...

-- PMM
                                        True.

Please no more pirates.
                                        Quote by Al:
                                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                        -Al Lutz

Comment

This thread shows me how out of touch most people on MiceChat are cuz I'm thinking this room will sell like ice cold pepsi in the Sahara.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X