This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good-bye DCA murals?!

I haven't seen this brought up yet on the boards, but Al's little "Editor's Note" on MiceAge.com had this to offer on Thursday:
    Yes we know you natives out there are restless, not only for more by Sue, but a Disneyland update too. While we continue to lock it down, you may want to take a last look at another tile mural, considered the world's largest. I like to call it the Fitzgerald Wailing Wall.

So just what is Al getting at? Obviously, it means that the huge tile murals in front of DCA are going to YesterDCA, but when? Is Al hinting that construction walls and bulldozers are coming to DCA's entrance in the very near future!?

Does anybody have any more info? Darkbeer?
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-05-2007, 01:40 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: Good-bye DCA murals?!

Bummer. While not really cohesive to DCA's entrance, it's still a pretty awesome thing to look at.
    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
      Bummer. While not really cohesive to DCA's entrance, it's still a pretty awesome thing to look at.
      Yeah, I'm somewhat conflicted with the news. While I appreciate the artistry of the murals and that they are one of the park's biggest features the offer actual California imagery, I think they make for a really uninspiring entry.

I think there is most likely a much better way to cover up the builings for the Restrooms and Guest Services buildings, like, perhaps actual facades and I think the murals were a waste in the way they were used. It's sad to see some nice murals go, but hopefully their replacement will be much better.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
        It's sad to see some nice murals go, but hopefully their replacement will be much better.
        Agreed. I've heard the mural's original intent was to look like a post card. And entering DCA would be like walking into the California post card. This idea never floated too well as I don't think anyone thought of it that way.

Comment

And what about today's (Friday's) hint?

Are you a DoM? Think you know a DoM? Disney seems to be a magnet for them. Find out what a DoM is next Tuesday. - Al Lutz

DoM? It's driving me crazy. D___ of M____. Department of Medicine. Danger of Malaria. Destiny of Mara.

How about... Destruction of Murals???

I'm just making stuff up for speculation's sake; DoM, the way it's used, looks like it's some sort of title. Think you know a DoM? But it sounds like anyone could be one. Are you a DoM? And whatever it is, there's no shortage of them at Disney.

We'll find out in the next DL update this coming Tuesday, as the editor note (combined with yesterday's) strongly hints there will be one.
          Last edited by 2DieFR; 10-05-2007, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Director of Marketing?

Comment

Designer of Murals? Director of Music? Divided on Mickey? Daredevil or Magician? ..........
              The Mur

Comment

Demons of Management?

Comment

Doctor of Medicine?

Comment

COuld they please take the burnt coffee smell with them?

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      COuld they please take the burnt coffee smell with them?
                      Drinker of Mochas ?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                        Drinker of Mochas ?

I like coffee. The smell of it burning makes me want to retch.

Comment

I am sad to see them go. I liked how they are able to chage them somewhat to fit each Season. For Instance turning the As' into candy corn.
                          Dave

Comment

Maybe as long as they are getting rid of things, do you think they could take away Nurv Turner too!
                            Last edited by bigwavedave; 10-05-2007, 11:29 AM.
                            Dave

Comment

Those DCA murals are hideous in design and execution. They shocked me when I first peeked through the fence at them and I'll be glad to never see them again if they go!

But I DO hope Mary Blair's lovely and groovy Tomorrowland murals are restored.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X