This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through the Temple

I've never been to Disney World, but it has this creepy scene in Jungle Cruise where the boat goes through temple ruins with creepy idol statues. Maybe Jungle Cruise could be extended and put into Indiana Jones's showbuilding, so guests could get a glimpse of the ride. I'm aware that the showbuilding is VERY far away from where Jungle Cruise is presently right now, so it'd probably have to extend underground for a very long time. So if they did extend it out there, they'd probably have to add new animal scenes (just to keep it fresh and new, since it hasn't really been updated - except for the pirahna scene - since Walt died).

Maybe the skipper could say that we're taking a detour to India through this scary cave (looks like a mouth, so he/she says that he/she has a bad feeling about this, while looking at the detour map).... So once inside, there are bears, mountain lions, and other cave-dwelling beasts.

Then a tiger is guarding the entrance to the Temple of Mara. The face of Mara's eyes glow red, and he says "The path of destiny guides you into the Temple of Mara" or whatever... and these stone doors open, and we see inside the showbuilding of Indiana Jones. I'm not sure where the boat can cruise without merging by accident into one of the scenes... but yeah, they get a glimpse of it. Then the next outdoor scenes with extensions of the plot, like maybe we could go to Cambodia, the Nile, Amazon, etc. just like Jungle Cruise in WDW is like.

Good idea? Even though it's probably impossible for Jungle Cruise to merge with Indiana Jones, do you think it'd be cool to add the "through the temple" scene?
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Re: Through the Temple

I'll be honest. I went to Disneyland 7 years ago and the temple ruins didn't stand out to me. Could be my old memory, but I don't remember it.

Comment

I love the cave in WDW - It would be great to see something like it at Disneyland.
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
        I'll be honest. I went to Disneyland 7 years ago and the temple ruins didn't stand out to me. Could be my old memory, but I don't remember it.
        But the temple ruins aren't in Disneyland -- they're in Disney World.
        I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
        Argonaut - 1
        Sea Farer - 1

Comment

Originally posted by FinalAdventure View Post
          But the temple ruins aren't in Disneyland -- they're in Disney World.

Whoops, my bad I meant Disney World. I went to DISNEYLAND about 7 years ago too. And about 350 times since. :blush:

Comment

It would be cool to get the boat into a cave or something of that sort to see cave dwelling creatures, that has alot of potential.
            You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

itsn't this idea in the imagineering book.

Comment

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
                It would be cool to get the boat into a cave or something of that sort to see cave dwelling creatures, that has alot of potential.
                The WDW version has a ruined temple "cave" you enter and see 'cave dwelling' creatures (tiger, cobras, etc.) guarding the sacred 'relics' and treasure.

Comment

I've posted on this matter before...sadly, it just ain't possible to send the Jungle Cruise river into the Indy show building without making major detrimental changes to each. Basically, you'd either have to move the whole ride or send the Jungle Cruise through several minutes of dull tunnels, decreasing the ride's capacity even more.

For the first option, keep in mind that the show building that houses Indy covers more square feet than Space Mountain and is tall enough to hold the whole Haunted Mansion facade (minus the weathervane, sadly). This would take a buttload of money with not that monumental a payoff.

For the second option...it's just not possible. There's no space in the building for the river to enter, turn around and exit. Not without designing a bizarre intersection of some sort between the EMV track and the river. Good luck with that one. And then, even if it did work, you'd end up spending several minutes or so traveling through expensive underground tunnels just so you can peek into the Indy scene for a few seconds, turn around, and spend another while going through caverns. Bad for capacity, bad for story flow, bad overall.

Anyway, I'm really not doing this just to bust your idea to bits. I happen to like the idea a lot. I think it'd add a lot to both rides if they had both originally been built this way. But it just isn't feasible with the current setup.

Comment

I can't believe I'm actually going to state this. The only option Disney had for doing a "cave" disappeared when they decided to build Indy's Digs. By making that decision they sealed the fate of the entire exit tunnel and prevented Jungle from being able to have said cave. This would in no way affect the Indy building, and would not get near it at all, but it would have been close/under Indy's line had they decided to build the majority at the temple facade height reached by the bridge.
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

wow that would be cool-i posted this thing a while ago(it was a joke..sort of) but it ha to do with the JC going in AND a new mine ride.

Comment

One of the original concepts for Indy was two new rides, the jeep ride and a mine ride as well as incorporating the Jungle Cruise and the Disneyland Railroad into one huge show building. Would have been cool, but chances of that now are about as much as George W. Bush and Al Gore hugging each other.
                        The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

^so...what percent chance is that then?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                          HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                          ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                          FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                            ^so...what percent chance is that then?
                            Probably about -150%
                            The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X