This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What about the 1920's?

Yeah I love going to swinging saturday nights over at the Plaza Gardens and to see it spread to a whole theme or area! MAN OH THE HEEBIE JEEBIES!
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
      Yeah I love going to swinging saturday nights over at the Plaza Gardens and to see it spread to a whole theme or area! MAN OH THE HEEBIE JEEBIES!
      I haven't danced there in awhile - but it is so fun! I love Plaza Gardens....fun stuff man!

Comment

Talk about DCA stepping on Walter Knott's toes again...

Comment

i dont get it

Comment

Originally posted by chrisaaron View Post
            Talk about DCA stepping on Walter Knott's toes again...
            I don't see that at all. I mean, Walter Knott experienced the 20's and so did Walt Disney. How can this be seen as 'stepping on toes' Because Disney is going to 'recreate' the 1920's? I haven't been to Knott's in 10 years, but their 20's area seemed to be lacking then.......and Im sure Disney will do a fabulous job of theming.

Comment

Knott's doesn't have a 20s area any more, do they?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                Knott's doesn't have a 20s area any more, do they?
                Well, like I said........it's been 10 years since I visited.......and when I was there, they DID have a 20's area and it was lacking.......so if it's gone, it doesn't surprise me........

Comment

With all this talk of the 20's, might they think of retheming another area in DCA into a 50's area???? Just a thought....

Comment

No, but it leads more to my basic feeling of DCA being a regurgitated Knott's Berry Farm - yet lacking any charm.

Now if Disney decided to stick with the California theme then yes - a 20's entrance theme would be quite nice. But I must admit that I'm holding out for Disney to scrape DCA's theme altogether.

Comment

I suppose...I never viewed DCA as a regurgitated Knott's though..........but it's an interesting idea to ponder.......

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                        With all this talk of the 20's, might they think of retheming another area in DCA into a 50's area???? Just a thought....
                        Oops... Knott's has a crappy version of that too

Comment

Originally posted by chrisaaron View Post
                          Oops... Knott's has a crappy version of that too
                          Do they? Well, again, I haven't been in many years........

Comment

Ok so they did have a 20s area, even then Disney would do it their own way. Besides when has disney ever "stepped on Knotts toes?"

Comment

do the charelston(sp)... o man this sounds soo awsome- one question: when is DCA going to get this?(i don't expect 2008 or any thing but i want to know when it's planned to happen)

Comment

the placemaking is to occur within the next couple years I believe, no?

Comment

Ok so they did have a 20s area, even then Disney would do it their own way. Besides when has disney ever "stepped on Knotts toes?"
                                  Right on! Disney has NEVER steppd on Knott's toes....besides Knott's is an amusement park, whereas Disneyland Resort is a THEME park......and when I am in Disneyland Resort, I am enveloped in the greatness that it is and I forget that I am in Anaheim, CA. However, the last few times I went to Knott's Berry Farm, I could see over the walls and see cars quite easily on Beach Blvd and La Palma....and was quite aware that I was in Buena Park, CA.

Comment

i thought that all Knotts had was the western themed stuff,the mexican area and the place with just roller coasters and no theming?

Comment

thats what I see it as too...

Comment

thats what I see it as too...
                                        YA!! thats funny because one time my family went to Knotts and we got bored...so we just said"Ah whatever lets just go to Disneyland!" and we did-we felt so spoiled but whatever(we got AP's))

Comment

if you got em use em... i havnt been knotts in along time with the exception of tonight for scary farm, and I always get bored quick too

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X