This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNSV Aquarium

When I saw the FNSV queue thought hmm this line needs an extra touch besides the boring yet annoying zig zagging line underneath the Disneyland Monorail Station.Then it hit me! I imagined an enclosed building under the Monorail station with small aquariums! But little ones small enough to hold clownfish,blue tangs,jellyfish Etc.

What do you think about this idea?

Re: FNSV Aquarium

Great idea! I like it. If it's in the queue, label each fish by "Marlin", "Nemo", "Dory", etc. instead of "Clownfish", "Blue Tang", "Seahorse", "Foxface Butterfly Fish", etc.
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Comment

I still would enjoy seeing a huge underwater aquarium inside the Croc as originally hought of, but the enclosed aquariums would be cool too!
      You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

I like the idea, however I can see one major problem to it. Eventually the popularity of FNSV will slow down and the line will get down to the same as it was before it was closed in 98. At this point it will be like Indy in the fact that there is a great queue, however the vast majority of people walk right past it and never even notice the great detail. In time the suits will finally say "why are we maintaining these aquariums that few people look at" and at that points the fish will be gone. Then if you move the tanks closer to the beginning then it defeats the whole idea for people who are at the 60 min or 90 min point in line.
        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
          I like the idea, however I can see one major problem to it. Eventually the popularity of FNSV will slow down and the line will get down to the same as it was before it was closed in 98. At this point it will be like Indy in the fact that there is a great queue, however the vast majority of people walk right past it and never even notice the great detail. In time the suits will finally say "why are we maintaining these aquariums that few people look at" and at that points the fish will be gone. Then if you move the tanks closer to the beginning then it defeats the whole idea for people who are at the 60 min or 90 min point in line.
          Wow.. buzzkill.. haha.. just kidding.

I do see your point.

Tho' it is a good idea.. a great idea.. in my opinion.. the hype of the ride will eventually die down and the length of the line will surely shrink..

Now maybe.. if these aquariums were placed somewhat closer to the ride.. then I could see them being useful.. but putting them only nearer to where the loading area is kind of defeats the purpose of the aquariums being something entertaining while waiting in line..

EDIT Wow.. I totally should I have read your entire entry cuz I totally copied your opinion on the placement of the aquariums.. my bad! At least it's good to know that we are surfing the same brain wave! Sorry!
          Last edited by Giddy4Aladdin; 10-05-2007, 05:58 PM. Reason: Because I'm retarded!

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
            Wow.. buzzkill.. haha.. just kidding.
            Sorry about the buzzkill. I do like the idea and I really wish they would have done something with the queue. When they first started the refurb I was wondering what they were going to do with the queue. The original one was, well, not so original, and frankly it was completely boring. But, as the refurb moved forward it became painfully obvious that the queue was not in the budget.

Cheers (that's to help with the buzzkill)
            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post

Yeah I see the issue hmm maybe they could have them so you could see them from the outside too

Comment

It's a great idea, just not something that TDA will pay up for, considering the FNSV's future.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

i still say there needs to be an AA nigel in the qeue that can talk to guest while they wait
                  sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

The aquarium is a great idea but the upkeep would be very hard and what if one of the fish died in the tank. I can hear it now, "Mommy why is nemo floating on his back on the surface?" Some fish do not play well with other fish like jellyfish and regular fish.
                    It's time for Din Din.

"Happiness is a Low Water Level"

Comment

I don't want to be a buzz killer either, but wouldnt some people think it wierd that first you see nemo in an aquarium and then next thing you know see him lost in the middle of the ocean??
                      Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

I think the aquarium idea is really great. It would make that queue ALOT more interesting.

i still say there needs to be an AA nigel in the qeue that can talk to guest while they wait
                        I AGREE!!!!!!!!
                        "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Ratigan View Post
                          Some fish do not play well with other fish like jellyfish and regular fish.
                          Lol ha ha no silly they will be in seperate aquariums!
                          It's ok though

Comment

Considering how expensive the glass is for the aquariums I think the majority of people overlooked one of the biggest problems... graffiti. People carve all kinds of crap into Indy's bamboo, and a variety of other places. The glass would be scratched up in no time and replacing it would be expensive. As a side note various geniuses still tap the glass... which is a whole different topic. So sorry to buzzkill but I would have to say no.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

THe seattle aquarium as a cool-but-short tunnel with jellyfish circling, so it's like being int eh middle of a colony of jellyfish. An extended verson would be cool, even it's just a little bit.

Perhaps the queue, if not an aquarium, could be set up like The Jungle Cruise, like a working Oceanography Station, with diagrams of liquid space, strange animals, and other cool stuff to make the rider think it's going to be like teh old SV, but when they get on the ride Marlin and Dory and Nemo are there. That way, it's a futuristic theme that happans to feature Finding Nemo characters, instead of a Nemo Ride in teh Land of Tomorrow...Just thinking out loud here, off the top of my head...

...anyway, continue...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X