This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little boys dressing up

We are goin to Disneyland next weekend and my son and my cousin are going to dress up as Woody and Buzz Lightyear respectively.

I always see little girls dressing up as the Princesses and Minnie Mouse but I never see little boys dressed up.

We are not doing the Mickeys Halloween Treat.
    What is everyones opinions on little boys dressing up?
    What other characters are there besides pirates and Peter Pan that little boys could do ?

Katie

Re: Little boys dressing up

My son dressed up as a Musketeer after the cartoon of The Three Musketeers came out - and I see lots of boys dressed as jedis. I think it's cute and fun.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I think it's great! My son has a costume box & puts all kinds of crazy things together. Little boys need to play pretend and dress up, too.

Welcome to MiceChat, Katie. :wave:
      <o>

Comment

I love to see kids dressed up at DL......more boys in costumes would be great!

My son is almost 17 now but still has every Disney costume he's ever owned and two of them are Buzz and Woody!

Comment

I think its totally cute when kids dress up while in the park...
          Usually if I am in line next to a family with the children dressed up I will address the children like they are in character.... they really get a kick out of it!!
          I remember one time in line for Buzz a little boy and his father were in front of me, and the boy was dressed up as Mr. Incredible. I said, "Hi Mr. Incredible, it's so nice to meet you!!" and his dad laughed and the boy got this proud look on his face...
          Have a great time!!
          <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew's Mommy View Post
            What other characters are there besides pirates and Peter Pan that little boys could do ?

Woody.
            Tigger.
            Mickey Mouse!
            Har har har

Comment

Boys should absolutely be allowed to dress up, especially at DL. There are all kinds of choices for boys, mabe even more than girls. Aladdin, Herculese, Christopher Robin if he has a Pooh doll, Tron, oh and Sora!

I don't think girls always have to be princesses either. One time I was entering the park and another family with a handful of little kids was leaving. One of their little boys who looked about 5 was dressed as a pirate and swinging a pirate sword. One of their little girls who looked about the same age was wearing a princess crown. She turns to the little boy and says with awe and admiration " Did you know a girl can be a pirate too???" That cracked me up and reminded me of of my sister and I when we were little. We were such tomboys and always bought pirate souvenirs. But alot of girls still love the princess thing and that's ok too. I told my 3 year old niece that when I take her to DL we should both dress up as pirates, and she frowned at me and said " I don't want to be a pirate! I want to be a princess."

Comment

Boys dressing up? Go for it! Why should girls have all the fun?
                I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Here's a photo I took back on Sept. 21 of a little boy as a pirate with, I am assuming, his sister.

They were getting tons of attention
                  sigpic

Comment

I dressed up as Peter Pan just yesterday when I visited the park*.

*I'm 27.
                    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                      Here's a photo I took back on Sept. 21 of a little boy as a pirate with, I am assuming, his sister.

We wants the Red'ead! We wants the Red'ead! We wants the Red'ead!
                      Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Last month we saw this kid while waiting for the train. His dad kept trying to get him to wave to us. I think it is great that the boys dress up too.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post

Well what do you know shes got the crocs! on!
                          Har har har

Comment

I'm all for anyone dressing up in the park...especially the kids, boys and girls alike! It makes me smile to see families having fun and that makes my day moreso the rides or anything else really.

I don't have any recommendations but Woody and Buzz sound great! Plus the last time I went, I saw an awful lot of children dressed as Johnny Depp. It was the cutest thing ever to see kids walking around, all proud in their costumes.
                            http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
                            Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                              Last month we saw this kid while waiting for the train. His dad kept trying to get him to wave to us. I think it is great that the boys dress up too.

What a cute Wilbur Robinson costume! Oh, and Mr. Incredible isn't bad either.
                              "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I'm not a little boy and on my lst trip to Dsneyland in May I dressed up as a Canadian on vacation...

ok, ok, I am a Canadian and I was on vacation...)

Comment

I think the 2 little boys are going to have a blast dressing up as Buzz and Woody.
                                  The problem is going to be getting my son out of the costume when it starts to get colder out and put on some real clothes.

I love when the little kids dress up I just haven't seen to many boys doing it. This should be a fun trip

Katie

Comment

on my last trip, i saw a pair od twins doing the woody and buzz thing, probably about 4 or 5 and it was adorable!

Comment

We went to the MVMCP at WDW last year and my daughter was Belle and my son was Buzz. They had so much fun! Be sure to get their picture with whatever character they dressed up as. That is one of my daughters favorites, her with Belle in matching dresses!!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Nothing wrong with boys dressing up at all. I still do from time to time. Halloween, Pirates premieres, etc.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X