This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/6/07 Craziness. Can you say "Cah-rowded?"

So I was at a meeting down the street at the Hyatt, and I stopped by last night on my way home. (There was a Hot Wheels convention in town. Who knew they had conventions for Hot Wheels? :blink Downtown Disney was an absolute zoo. It was about 10:15 pm as I walked through and it was wall to wall people from the ESPN Zone down to the gates. I can't recall seeing that many people down there before.

Here's a couple of shots from last night (10/5):

After more meetings this morning, (10/6) I stopped by on my way home in order to see how many had made it to the meet today. As I arrived, Mary Poppins was just finishing up "Jolly Holliday" in front of the castle:

I finally spotted quite a few faces in front of IASW waiting for the parade. Sadako and Monorail Man...

The Forbidden Eye and the back side of DinseyIPresume...

Princess Buttercup looks on...

After the parade it was time to set off across the park for a Micechat trip through the Haunted Mansion. So off we went.

Except, when we finally arrived, we found this....

Just a wee bit of a crowd. Here's a photomerge of the line....

Adelade tells everyone not to panic. Dusty has a plan...

Penguinsoda has never seen this many people in her entire life...

Pezz Lightyear thinks "You CAN'T be serious!"

What to do about the mammoth line from hell? Princess Buttercup comes up with a solution:

Bribe the CMs with Mr. Yummy Skeleton Pops!

But, our CM wouldn't budge. Happily, the "bribe" was not needed as it turned out that we had enough fastpasses from within our group to make it in. :clap:

(More to come...)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 10-10-2007, 07:05 AM.

Re: 10/6/07 Craziness. Can you say "Cah-rowded?"

WOW that's a lot of people!!!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Re: 10/6/07 Craziness. Can you say &quot;Cah-rowded?&quot;

by 3:00 this afternoon, the entire area was in chaos with the line. if you guys went after the parade, it looks like it had slowed down a little bit....

!!

i look forward to the rest of the report!!
      kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

It's funny to see the real world flesh and bone versions of Micechatters!

It's the weekend, and Halloween Time, and Gay Days Weekend. The crowd is just the offspring of that traingle (and that's speaking as a Summer Warrior).

Comment

That's a crazy line! Can't wait for more!
          Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

So much red, is it the prom again?:evil:

Comment

Holy grails from the Crystal Kingdom!! I may be a pride member but gods know I wouldn't even think of braving that line for gay days... I think I'll go pridefully on my own time.... Sometime in December.... hmmm.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                It's funny to see the real world flesh and bone versions of Micechatters!
                And for what it's worth, I miss seeing some of my MiceChat friends in the flesh.

Your report is the next best thing, LDF. Nicely done.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Oh my gosh thats crowded Im getting scared now. But very nice pictures I hope theres more pic on the way thanks for sharing with us. Im gonna be there tomorrow. I Just hope I get there early.

Comment

Is it safe to say that it's going to be this crowded tomorrow?

I'm going to celebrate my cousin's 5th birthday and he absolutely loves Nemo, so we're hoping to get on the subs.

-CBF
                    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

wow those crowds are crazy...please tell me the will all magicaly disappear by Oct 28th!

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                        But, happily, the bribe was not needed as Dusty marched up and threw his Micechat weigh around. ("Don't you know who I AM???") After magically conjuring exactly enough fastpasses for our group, we were in! :clap:
                        So because you post on an Internet discussion board, somehow you feel you don't have to wait in line?

That right there is reason enough to abolish FastPass and Annual Passholders.

My sincerest apologies to anyone whose wait was made longer by that selfish display.

Comment

Yeah it was crowded. Same tomorrow, I'm sure.

Comment

you know, I miss seeing MC'ers, but with crowds like that I'm glad I didn't go. I would have left....yikes.

Comment

So because you post on an Internet discussion board, somehow you feel you don't have to wait in line? That right there is reason enough to abolish FastPass and Annual Passholders. My sincerest apologies to anyone whose wait was made longer by that selfish display.
                              I agree with the spirit of your post, though I think you may have overreacted a bit. Me, I'm still trying to decide how serious the OP was. But...why did you bring up FastPass and APs? Both are great systems for helping everyone get a chance to ride what they want...so I'm not sure how that relates to this.

Anyway...wow. That's a LOT of people.

Comment

If I recall correctly from last year's Gay Days weekend, Sunday, most of the planned events move over to DCA - and as such, Disneyland isn't as busy. That didn't help much last year with the CHOC Walk also happeneing on Sunday, but it was truly manageable - more so than what I saw in these pics from today.

As for getting everyone on HM, I always thought Dusty had a touch of "MAGIC" in him somewhere...and that's what I'll continue to believe!
                                I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                                then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                                  So because you post on an Internet discussion board, somehow you feel you don't have to wait in line?

My sincerest apologies to anyone whose wait was made longer by that selfish display.
                                  :blink: Um.....I'm a relatively new AP holder (only 2 years) and I don't go around bribing every attractions host I see.....don't know why we suddenly got shoved into that generality....

And I agree with others who've posted that for all we know that statement could've been made in jest. I don't think it's anything we need to lose sleep over.

Anyways, those crowds look insane! Don't forget on top of everything else it was Columbus Day weekend, too! Talk about a nasty combination of events.
                                  "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post

Anyways, those crowds look insane! Don't forget on top of everything else it was Columbus Day weekend, too! Talk about a nasty combination of events.
                                    Yeah, all those fanatical Genoans celebrating at the parks.

Comment

:bang:

I was being facetious. As mighty and powerful as Dusty is ( ), I don't believe he has the magical ability to conjure fastpasses. (Although it wouldn't surprise me.) As far as I know, they were real fastpasses that were procured by real people using real machines the same way that everyone else was able to get them throughout the day.

And...Mr Liver? Did you really mean to suggest the aboliton of Annual Pass holders?

Nice. I can't wait to hear your suggestions for how this would be accomplished.

(Original post edited as to avoid having this thread devolve into a discussion about the "evils" of fastpasses and annual passholders.)
                                      Last edited by Mac Daddy; 10-07-2007, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Could it just be they were trying to take a cute picture? We all try to ham it up when we have the chance.

I went yesterday (I am going to post a quasi-TR about it.), to the Cove Bar at like... 4pm. OH MY GOD! Total mad house! So fun though because everyone was in a great mood and spirits (pun intended).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X