PB's Peanut-y, Patron-y, Pregnant-y Weekend Trip Report!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SummerInFL
    Relax
    • Sep 2005

Re: PB's Peanut-y, Patron-y, Pregnant-y Weekend Trip Report!

What a great report. Thanks so much for sharing your day with us. Loved the photos!

Comment

• Disney Liz
      Disney Night Owl
      • Aug 2006

Excellent shots and TR PB!
      I want to find one of those skeleton pops!
      I also love all the Disney Dorks pics.
      Thanks for sharing your time with us here...I loved it!
      http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
      Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
        MiceChatter
        • Aug 2005

^ Yeah yeah Yeah aashee. Okay buddy! What are you buttering me up for...money booze, free babysitting?:lol:

Disney Liz...if you want some Mr. Yummies, just pm me with your address! : )

For some strange reason, I'm not able to retrieve more pictures from Flock and I do want to make sure that everyone knows it's my hubby and not me who took most of these photos this weekend. : )

But I just remembered another funny thing that happened. We were all at the hub for the meet and next thing I know , almost everyone was just gone and I didn't know where they were. Then I turned around and they were all over in front of the castle taking a group shot. But I saw Dan tasmic and Rex 22 still over by the hub like me so I asked "What are you guys doing ? Why are you still standing here like me instead of over there with the group?" Rex 22 said to me in this teeny tiny voice "I'm skeered!" Now I don't know if he was really truly scared or not, I kind of suspect Dantasmic put him up to saying this to me, but I grabbed him by the arm anyway and said "Come on! Let's go get in the group shot!" Then I scanned the group and I couldn't find my hubby anywhere cuz he was hiding in the back . So I yelled "Where's my hubby? " and his little face and big smile popped up and he waved to me! LOL

After the big group shot, we all headed over to Rancho Zaccolo. The line was sooooooooo long. I noticed this woman and her daughter standing in line with us , but she didn't look familiar so I said "Hi . Who are you?" And she introduced herself and then asked "This is the line for the castle right?" I was like "Um. no ,it's the line for the restaurant" and then she turned around and said to the Micechatter in front of me "Hey! You told me it was!" The guy was like "oops , sorry. I thought you were asking about the restaurant." All I could think was "The day we have to stand in a line like this for the castle is going to be a sad sad day for me!" I don't like really big crowds. I wish I could have stayed a couple extra days just to enjoy DL in October without the crowds!

Let's see. What did we do after lunch? Oh yeah! We all went to the Tiki Room. Now I didn't actually go in because I was having an important one on one conversation with another Micechatter . But my hubby went in and then he came out early to say goodbye since he had to leave to catch his flight to Germany. Then a few minutes later , we saw all of the Micechatters pouring out of the Tiki Room and many of them were getting the dream lanyards. Sadly, a few of them came out just a few seconds too soon so didn't get them , but I think some people who didn't want them as much offered to share. And I heard several people saying"I'll trade you pins" even though all of the pins were exactly the same! LOL

Then we all went over to the Jungle Cruise. There were too many of us to fit on just one boat so the 6 or so of us who got left behind just stood there crying. (or at least pretending to! LOL) Then when we caught the next boat, I have to honestly admit that I didn't even hear the skipper's spiel because I was too busy quietly goofing around with Skywaygirl and trying to copy all of her Quest answers and telling her the wrong answers to the Jungle Cruise questions!

After that, Dusty gave us all "free time" and luckily I got to go to "recess" too even though I hadn't done much of my work all day. Let's see.....The Hammands, Princess626, Disney 1978, Skywaygirl, Penguinsoda, Pezz Lightyear , Disneyballerina and I decided to go to the UVA Bar in DTD . So far I'd had no alcohol on this trip except for a wimpy margarita that I'm convinced had no alcohol over at The Pacific Wharf and a weak glass of Riesling at Mimi's . I was ready for the real thing....a shot of Patron! : )

So we got to the UVA bar and asked for a table in the shade. They had a table in the sun but there were three stools at the bar right next to the table and in the shade. I said to Matt "okay, you and Michelle can sit there" and for some strange reason he started getting all surly and saying "We're leaving now" over and over again. I think he thought I didn't undertand that he and Michelle really were leaving . But I did understand and was just trying to convince them both to stay because I like them so much and didn't want to say goodbye. They left anyways! : (

We ended up getting seated at a different table that was still semi shady and semi sunny. We all ordered our drinks and then we noticed that there were in fact two tables in the shade near the back of the bar. Skywaygirl asked the waitress if it would be okay if we moved to the tables in the shade and the waitress asked "What tables in the shade?" So Skywaygirl pointed to the the two tables in exasperation and said "You know, those two tables right over there that AREN't in the sun." LOL Maybe we all just thought we were speaking English but it was actually sounding like Micechat-ese to everyone who was hearing us.

We were two chairs short at first so Skywaygirl and I were going to just sit on the curb even though it made us look really short at the table. But we noticed bugs and we didn't want to get ants in our pants so we got chairs after all. Our drinks arrived and were good ! Can't really go wrong with a shot of Patron though and I had a top shelf margarita after it. Everyone else's drinks were good too...I especially liked Pengy's alien specimen when I took a sip of it. Wait....that doesn't sound quite right! LOL

Then it was back to DL to meet up with everyone at the Fantasia Gardens area. I think some people went on IASW but I was suddenly kind of sleepy and hungry...don't know why. ; ) I've always wanted to try one of the turkey legs so I stopped at the cart and bought one. Then I sat on the bench and was all set to gnaw on it in a really barbaric fashion like I've seen others do. But when I tore into it, instead of having a big bone with the meat strongly attached to it, I had a little half sized bone that popped right out so the meat was in one of my hands and the bone was in the other! To add insult to injury , the guy sitting on the ground in front of me had an extra long bone in his! No fair! LOL

I was having fun visiting with everyone around me. Sorry I can't remember the name of the guy on the ground , but I also visited with Emmmett and Ezekiel and Pengy and Adelade and Bornio showed up. Darkbeer and Deogge's mom were also there and I let them eat my skin! LOL

Everyone else finally showed up and Dusty made some more announcements about the Quests. People looked wiped but you could also tell they'd all had a ton of fun!
        Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Matt Hamand
          Collapse the waveform
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
          Then it was back to DL to meet up with everyone at the Fantasia Gardens area. think some people went on IASW but I was suddenly kind of sleepy and hungry...don't know why. ; ) I've always wanted to try one of the turkey legs so I stopped at the cart and bought on. Then I sat on the bench and was all set to gnaw on it in a really barbaric fashion like I've seen others do. But when I tore into it, instead of having a big bone with the meat strongly attached to it, I had a little half sized bone that popped right out so the meat was in one of my hands and the bone was in the other! To add insult to injury , the guy sitting on the ground in front of me had an extra long bone in his! LOL

I was having fun visiting with everyone around me. Sorry I can't remember the name of the guy on the ground , but I also visited with Emmmett and Ezekiel and Pengy and Adelade and Bornio showed up. Darkbeer and Deogge's mom were also there and I let them eat my skin! LOL

Everyone else finally showed up and Dusty made some more announcements about the Quests. People looked wiped but you could also tell they'd all had a ton of fun!

Darkbeer and Deogge's mom wanted my skin so I let them have it
          You've been drinking this morning, right?
          Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
            MiceChatter
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Matt Hamand View Post
            No. Why do you ask?:geek:

Hey man, I'm just telling things like they happened! LOL

Comment

• QuietViolet
              I'm baaaaccckkk!
              • Jun 2006

!! This report just keeps getting better and better!!
              <3 Chloe

Comment

• Skywaygrl
                Hangin Around
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Matt Hamand View Post
                No. Why do you ask?:geek:

Hey man, I'm just telling things like they happened! LOL
                I wish we had drank more to numb our senses. After our trip to the UVA bar we went on Small World and got stuck.

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
                  MiceChatter
                  • Aug 2005

^ Oh Thank God I did not go on IASW!:lol:

All weekend I kept thinking that something was missing from the meet and today I finally realized what , or I should say who, it was .......Neverneverland! I think this was the first meet I have ever been to where she wasn't there! She better be there next time!

I still can't seem to retrieve the pictures from Flock, but I'll finish up the reporting part of this.

After the Quest ended , a bunch of us decided to go chill out at the Lost Bar for a couple of hours. I was only able to do this because Spidergirrl had been kind enough to offer me a ride to the airport so I didn't have to rush back to my hotel to catch the shuttle. She and I both had sodas to drink....I'm not sure what everyone else had. But JJ and SS were kind enough to buy us all nachos to share. We all had a fun time just reminiscing about the weekend and reliving some of the funnier moments. Like our conversation at the Lost Bar, the great thing about having so many people at meets and then so many trip reports afterwards is that everyone experiences them in a different way and it's fun to find out how.

It was extremely hard to say goodbye to everyone, but Spidergirrrll and I were out of there by 7:37, made a pit stop at my hotel and I was at the airport at 8:20 which was exactly an hour before my flight.

And now for the peanut-y part of my report. This was one of the funniest darn things I've ever seen on an airplane. If you've ever flown Southwest Airlines, you know that the pilots and flight attendants like to be comical. And if you've ever flown out of Orange County , you know that the planes have to take off at a very steep grade. Well...when the plane took off going straight up, the flight attendants opened up a giant box of peanuts and let them all go sliding down the middle aisle. At first everyone thought it was an accident and was cracking up. Then everyone realized that this was the way they had decided to pass out the peanuts for the flight... and started grabbing for them . I managed to snag one pack! : )

The rest of the flight was uneventful and I was home and in bed by midnight .

What a wonderful weekend it was!

Thanks as always to our awesome Dusty , Fishy and Monorail Man! Without you guys, we would not all have this fabulous website and these fantastic meets which mean so much to all of us! And thanks to everyone else who worked hard on this weekend!

If I ever figure out how to retrieve the pictures from Flock , I'll post the rest! : )
                  Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 10-09-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• MickeyMaxx
                    Orbital Pluto

MiceChat Moderator
                    • Nov 2005

Great TR, Anne! Now, we're all just waiting for the tests to come back from the Doc to see if there were any ill affects from sharing the Dork Crown in rapid succession. )

You two add so much to all our gatherings. Thanks!

Lu
                    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

• Westley
                      no one to be trifled with
                      • Sep 2005

But I just remembered another funny thing that happened. We were all at the hub for the meet and next thing I know , almost everyone was just gone and I didn't know where they were. Then I turned around and they were all over in front of the castle taking a group shot.
                      There's a tripod joke here somewhere...

It's a set-up!

I don't like really big crowds. I wish I could have
                      stayed a couple extra days just to enjoy DL in October without the crowds!
                      It wasn't the most crowded I've seen, but it was a bit bumpy.

There really aren't many more pics from us not already shared here. So here are a few more that either didn't show earlier or I already forgot about.

Finally - I see that many of these were not well-processed. (I blame it on new tools and jet lag.) If there is a picture we took that you'd like a copy of, just ask. I probably have a better copy kept in the camera.

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                        Banned User
                        • Jun 2006

Look where all the crown had been:

Hahaha, :lol:, I love this!! I thank you and Westley for taking this!!

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                          KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                          • Jun 2007

Great pics! Everyone looked great in red!
                          sigpic
                          Home away from Home.

Comment

• Tea
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jul 2007

Great report!

Comment

• stitchon
                              Banned User
                              • Sep 2006

Aww, too bad I didn't get to go to this meet. It was so much fun seeing you at the Ratatouille meet.

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
                                MiceChatter
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Westley View Post
                                T

There really aren't many more pics from us not already shared here. So here are a few more that either didn't show earlier or I already forgot about.

Thanks Ken for the pictures you added....I especially like that fourth one in the group with the hottie on the right!:love:

I know there are a few more in Flock I'd like to post, but I promise to be patient and not take a sledge hammer to the computer while you're still in Germany!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X