Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MollyTrolly's TR 10/7/07, Quest, 1st Meet and Halloweentime!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MollyTrolly's TR 10/7/07, Quest, 1st Meet and Halloweentime!

Sunday morning I woke hubby up at the early morning hour of 6:30am (on his day to sleep in) so he could accompany me to the Gay Days Quest, and my first meet (he is such a trooper!). So hubby, myself and lurker Keystone pack up in the car for the 60 mile drive to the park.

We dropped off the kids at Grandmas house and made it to the structure at about 9am.

There were almost no lines at the gate (we arrived around 9:15am. We walked right up to an open turnstile

Mainstreet was manageable although it was a bit busy

We then made our way over to Buzz to grab Fastpasses which we knew we would need later for the Buzz quest meet.

I just liked this shot

Big Thunder in the early morning

We decided to take a stroll in Zocalo Park since we had a bit of time. I really love these decorations!

Around 10am we had made our way to Magnolia Gardens. I had never met anyone in person so it was a bit overwhelming, but thankfully Villains Fan approached us and made us feel completely welcome.

VF mentioned that Rixter had made name badges for everyone and so we went over and picked those up. Thanks again Rixter for those, it really helped me feel like part of the group from the get go.

The quest meet at Magnolia Gardens

They handed out the quest packets and we began working through the questions. I have to admit some were pretty hard for a non-pro like myself. But thankfully Wofly and some other micechatters helped me fell comfortable and we started getting the hang of it.

We made our way to the HMH FP machines first as we wanted to make sure we rode it at some point in the day.

We all met up in the Court of Angels to walk to POTC together, and most appropriate Queenie came out to greet us:

Queenie adorned some Micechatters with beads on her way out to NOS

The group took the walk over to Pirates, and although I think we got separated in the walk over (my group along with Pengy got railroaded by a family with a couple strollers), we were all able to get back together in line.

After pirates we milled around a bit until the noon meet.

We made it to hub, which although I had met some Micechatters at Magnolia Gardens earlier, this was my first official hub noon meet! It was definitely a bit overwhelming with so many people

Dusty gave instructions on where to pick up the quest packet and about the group pic.

Who participated in the morning quest?

Here are a couple shots of the group pic at noon

After lunch, we decided it was time to use our FPs for HMH we had gotten earlier in the day.

It was a total zoo, and it seemed most groups had fast passes for 8-15 people per group. This was the FP line.

We then spent time on the quest, riding the Jungle Cruise and getting the info for the Tiki Room, and Adventure land items. We then quickly tried to get the rest of the Zocala and BTM questions.

We had a great ride on Buzz, I actually scored 13,000, which for some is laughable, for me it probably beat my best score by about 5,000 points. It was the first level 3 I think I have ever gotten! (Honestly its hard to learn to play when my buggy partner is usually a 2 or 4 year old child).

We had finished the quest and getting tired, plus we had a long drive home and kids to get cleaned and put to bed so around 4:00, we handed our packets to Dusty, thanked him for a wonderful day and made our way out of the park.

It was a wonderful day, I am so glad I got to meet so many nice people. Special thanks again to Villains Fan and Wolfy for making me feel so welcome, as well as DisneyIPresume for our chat on BTT. It truly was a great day!

And with that, we waved goodbye to the train, and were off to home

A little piece of heaven

Re: MollyTrolly's TR 10/7/07, Quest, 1st Meet and Halloweentime!

loved it thanks for sharing

Friends for life

Comment

It sounds like you had a great day at the Park! Glad to have helped you feel a bit more welcome and was so nice to finally meet you! Great TR and thanks for the pics!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Great report! Thanks

Comment

Very Nice Molly. Sorry I didn't get top meet you. Maybe the next meet will be less overwhelming. It sure it easier to have discussions with less people!

Thanks for the pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
            We dropped off the kids at Grandmas house and made it to the structure at about 9am.
            Great pictures and report. Glad you had fun. I love that you left the kids with grandma and went to Disneyland without them.
            sigpic

Comment

Great report! Glad you had a wonderful time!
              <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                Great pictures and report. Glad you had fun. I love that you left the kids with grandma and went to Disneyland without them.
                Thanks, this is very rare for us...it kills my husband to go without the kids but with the quest and all I figured it would have been easier which it was. Plus I am taking the girl on Thursday for her birthday anyway!!!!

A grownup day at the park is definitely fun every now and then!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

:clap: I'm so glad you were able to come for the day and the quest!!! It was fantastic meeting you, sorry there wasn't more time to visit! I love the huge meets, but it can be a lot to process and to its hard to spend time with everyone! I hope that now that you've made it to a meet, you'll be able to come to more!!!

Wasn't it great fun to go on pirates, and when they ask how many in the party to tell them.... 80?? :lmao:

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Plus I am taking the girl on Thursday for her birthday anyway!!!!
                    We'll be there, too! Keep an eye out for a 4 year old redhead boy with an entourage of people enjoying his first visit. Seriously, there will be 7 adults with him! I hope to catch some video of his first reactions.

Comment

It was really nice getting to see you at the park on Sunday. This report was great, and hopefully we will be seeing you at more meets in the future.

Comment

Wow great pictures thanks.

Comment

Glad you had a fun time. It was nice meeting you.

Comment

By then, it was almost 3:30 and time to meet up with the group for our ride on buzz. We were to meet at the wet marble of goop in front of Space. I still can’t get over people playing with the icky ball…it just freaks me out.
                            I can't get over playing with the icky ball either. It's addicting . Glad you had fun. Nice pics!
                            sigpic
                            Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by DebiTasha View Post
                              We'll be there, too! Keep an eye out for a 4 year old redhead boy with an entourage of people enjoying his first visit. Seriously, there will be 7 adults with him! I hope to catch some video of his first reactions.
                              Oh first visits are so much fun, especially with a 4 year old! We will definitely keep an eye out. Its The Girls 4th birthday and I can't wait. I have never gone with just her and I!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Thanks for the TR, Molly. I enjoyed it.

Comment

Great report and pictures MollyTrolly! It was a pleasure meeting you, your Husband, and Keystone and I hope we see you all again at another meet soon!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X