X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has This Happened To?

To whom it may concern:

On Sunday, October 7th My wife and some of our friends visited your resort, being that all 9 of us are premium pass holders this was not the first time we have been to Disneyland, but this has been the only time we have felt mistreated and really dissapointed with a cast member. I am currently unable to walk because of a fractured ankle so on this particular evening my wife and I rented a wheel chair to make our visit easier. Towards the end of the night the group decided to board Space Mountain. As we are making our way through the handicap entrance, my is having trouble maitaing control of me because we are going downwards through the hallway. At one of the turns my wheelchair slips from my wifes hands and down I go, as I come to a crashing halt at the door way, a cast member by the name of [Removed] jumps over me screaming at the cast member that was handling the handicap line to: "Make them wait 5 more minutes, make them wait 5 more minutes". Then [Removed] proceeds to whisper something in the ear of the other cast member. As we board to cart I ask the cast member what was told to him by [Removed] , and he responds,"[Removed] said you guys were being dumb and to hold you 5 more minutes". When we are finally set on the track [Removed] who is now checking the lap bars, purposely does not check the lap bar from everyone in our group. Our complaint is that [Removed] instead of checking if I was ok after my crash, jumped over me, and treated us like 1st graders by puttinng us on a 5 min time out. Then after doing that, does not check our lap bars not following a Disney procedure that is followed by all the other cast members that have helped us in the past 4 years as pass holders. The Incident was between the time of 10:00 pm and 10:30pm on Saturday October 7th, 2007. The cast members name is [Removed] . Please respond to this issue because I dont want some grumpy cast member to ruin not just our night but the night of future guest to Disneyland.

Thank You so much.
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 10-09-2007, 01:15 PM. Reason: Please do not refer Cast Members by name for complaints.

Re: Who Has This Happened Too?

Go to city hall and complain. MiceChat does not have a direct pipeline to reprimanding Cast Members.

To answer the question: No! that has never happened to me before.

Welcome to MiceChat

Comment

maybe you should have visited city hall and explained to them you rented a wheel chair and didn't know how to control it. Then you could have also mentioned how the CM you almost hit treated you.

Comment

No. This has never happened to me either. But as they say there is a first time for everything...

Comment

I dunno if this is for real--I always get a little suspicious when a first-time poster describes an unlikely event with sloppy writing--but if it is, I'm sorry it happened. Please understand that none of us can do anything about it, though. This site isn't affiliated with Disney in any way. We just enjoy their parks.

Comment

Ack that sucks. I would go to city hall or mail Disneyland a letter formally telling them what happened.

Sorry about your ankle.

Comment

I didn't catch that cm's name...what was it again?

:vogue:
              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Never been treated like this. CM's have always been conscientious of me and any physically disabled person I have attended the park with. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. As other posters have said, you should have complained at city hall...
                Welcome to Micechat.
                <3 Chloe

Comment

I can honestly say I've never fractured my ankle, rented a wheelchair, crashed or been put in a 5-minute time out by someone named [Removed].

Comment

ADMIN NOTE: We ask that for complaints, you do not refer to Cast Members by name. Remember, MiceChat is unofficial, and can't do anything. Please refer to Disney Guest Services with your complaint.
                    -Monorail Man

Comment

COuld it be the same person I'm thinking of?

What are the chances!
                      Last edited by aashee; 10-09-2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

City Hall or a written letter is the proper/best way to handle this issue -- especially when you know the name of the CM.

If it still bothers you come the next time you go, report it to City Hall then. Then again, odds are that the CM probably won't even be employed there due to the eye-popping turnover rate.

Comment

This was reported to city hall just asking all of the mice chatters if it has happened to them before. Sloppy or not it upset me.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                            maybe you should have visited city hall and explained to them you rented a wheel chair and didn't know how to control it. Then you could have also mentioned how the CM you almost hit treated you.
                            No I did not almost hit him. He had come out the cast member door in the hallway and using a wheel chair is not hard to control. IT is ok SCUBabe you are a Yankee fan I understand. GO RED SOXS

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                              I can honestly say I've never fractured my ankle, rented a wheelchair, crashed or been put in a 5-minute time out by someone named [Removed].
                              You've obviously never been on a date with.

Comment

You can still report this to City Hall or contact Disney online through their website. I have been treated rudely by a CM when I had my cane earlier in the year, but I didn't complain since it wasn't a major incident to me. But, I did complain when a kid hit my ankle while on his Heely's ... since I have screws and a rod from a broken leg. I did get a prompt response from Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by zombiemeteor333 View Post
                                  No I did not almost hit him. He had come out the cast member door in the hallway and using a wheel chair is not hard to control. IT is ok SCUBabe you are a Yankee fan I understand. GO RED SOXS
                                  Being a yankees fan has nothing to do with it, but I expect such a remark after reading your story above. oh, and by the way I am rooting for the red sox now. GO Red Sox!

I don't think the CM was entirely at fault. Why would he have to jump over your wheel chair if you did not almost hit him or weren't in the way.

You admit your wife lost control of the wheel chair because of the downslope in the floor. Why else would you go crashing down the slope? So, you had to wait 5 minutes....big deal. I'm sure the regular line was longer than that.

As we are making our way through the handicap entrance, my is having trouble maitaing control of me because we are going downwards through the hallway. At one of the turns my wheelchair slips from my wifes hands and down I go, as I come to a crashing halt at the door way, a cast member by the name of [Removed] jumps over me screaming at the cast member that was handling the handicap line to: "Make them wait 5 more minutes, make them wait 5 more minutes".
                                  To answer the main question, that has never happened to me. Going to a theme park with fractured bones would not be my first choice in venues. Going on a roller coaster with a fractured ankle would not be my first choice either, but to each their own.

Comment

wow that sucks i'm sorry that happened to you!
                                    sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

*Zombiemeteor333* Now you said you were going down hill right??? ya, I could see how you could lose conrtol.inch: ouch! I hope you didnt hurt yourself too much!! I will say that the CM should have checked of lap bar while boarding the ride though. As to why the cm didnt check......who knows?!?! Notthing like this has happened to me but i guess I get a rude CM here & there but you just gotta roll with it. but you did the right thing in taking it to city hall. Hope your next trip is better!!!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                                      MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Re: Who Has This Happened To?

Nope, nothing like that. 99.9% the CMs have been awesome. Where else can you get magic for $8-12 an hour?
                                        Kenny the Pirate
                                        AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
                                        Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
                                        Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
                                        Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X