This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Has This Happened To?

i think the problem here is (in addition to the not so nice castmember) all the people that dont need wheelchairs and powered wheelchairs. every (yes EVERY) time i go to the park i see at least one group of kids that are just playing with a wheelchair. i guess they think that they will get to skip the line. this really frusterates me and i guess that the cast member in question is used to dealing with people like that. it is a shame that you, someone who needs a chair, is treated like the dumb kids that dont.

side note: there are WAY too many powered chairs in the park. i wish they would not rent them at the park...if you really need one, should you not own one??
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

im sorry for what happened to you. As a fellow cast member it really bothers me to see other cast members treating guests like that, whether what happened happened on purpose or not, and in which your case it was a complete accident, and technically that cast member can be let go from his role for not following safety guidelines. I hope that in the future that you have more positive interactions with cast members.

Comment

I don't think anyone else has been let go from the top of a ramp and gone careening haphazardly down the ramp.
        I could be mistaken, though. Lots of ramps, lots of wheelers.

I think you (OP) should ask for a refund of your PAP's. (Nine down, 600,000 to go....)

Comment

You've got to understand what this CM saw. He saw someone in a wheel chair fly down an incline and crash into a wall. The CM probably thought some kids were clownin' and therefore made the comment about you guys being dumb. I am sure he wouldn't make a comment like that if he truely knew you were in trouble.

Or...you could have just used the breaks that are on all wheel chairs made after the 1800's, crisis averted!
          Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

!!!

Did you at least go to City Hall or ask another Space Mountain Cast Member to speak with their manager on duty? Might have been best to have the situation to the appropriate people (like a department manager) taken care of on the spot.
            Last edited by Burnt Toast; 10-09-2007, 03:45 PM.
            Burnt Toast
            The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

I have never had this happen to me. Then again, I've never fractured my ankle, so I've never been put in a position to have that happen to me. I hope you get a [Removed] apology soon.

Comment

We've encountered one relatively young extremely rude CM (waiter at the Blue Bayou) and one older big time jerk of a CM (was working in New Orleans Square the day after the POTC 3 Premiere. Thank goodness the younger guy with him was a sweetheart) who was older and sporting a Tom Sawyer Island costume. We did complain to DL through an email concerning the BB waiter. We did not complain about the big time jerk, though. These two guys were on separate visits to the park.

City Hall seems to be the best route to go for complaints, in our opinion.

Sorry for your misfortune.
                "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

dang...that's crazy!
                  The CM's name has been removed now...one of my really good friends works on Space so I'm kinda curious as to who this CM is...HAHA

Comment

If it was really THAT bad of a problem, I don't see where a manager was called out? You can request one on the spot if something happens. For you to slam into the door, have a CM jump over you, then two of them make fun of you, and finally not have any lap bar check seems pretty bad. Although I lost all respect for you when you posted their names over and over again... does no good here and proves you just were trying to "get someone back" for the poor treatment.

Managers and City Hall are there for a reason. Not some random online Disney fan-site such as this. Yes people post good and bad things that happen here, but your post has such anger in it that someone at the park should have dealed with the situation if all of those things actually happened.
                    -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post

I think you (OP) should ask for a refund of your PAP's. (Nine down, 600,000 to go....)
                      Slightly off topic but as I have read through the forums I noticed some PAP "hate" (for lack of a better word). Is that something that is really prevalent? Also, Disneyland is like anyplace else, some people are better at their job than others.
                      Originally posted by Aristocat
                      I miss David.
                      Originally posted by Ginarella
                      All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

Originally posted by audibleatom View Post
                        side note: there are WAY too many powered chairs in the park. i wish they would not rent them at the park...if you really need one, should you not own one??
                        I used to think so and I still think they are rented for other reasons sometimes, but some people need to rent them. I know if my Father goes again he may need to rent one, because he can't stand/walk for extended periods of time due to a recent back surgery. However, he will not be going on any roller coasters either.

He doesn't need one everyday, because he is retired and can rest whenever he needs to in his daily routine.

Comment

Originally posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
                          You've got to understand what this CM saw. He saw someone in a wheel chair fly down an incline and crash into a wall. The CM probably thought some kids were clownin' and therefore made the comment about you guys being dumb. I am sure he wouldn't make a comment like that if he truely knew you were in trouble.
                          That was my thought too, however the CM's first concern should have been whether or not the guy was alright, not to punish them or call them names. He shouldn't have reacted that way whether or not he was almost hit. He definatly shouldn't have ignored their safety just to be petty and punish them for what he thought was acting dumb. 90% of the time I'll usually side with the CM. However if this is all true, I don't think this CM had a just reason to be having this kind of tantrum just because a group of guests accidently annoyed him.

Comment

Originally posted by larasound View Post
                            Slightly off topic but as I have read through the forums I noticed some PAP "hate" (for lack of a better word). Is that something that is really prevalent? Also, Disneyland is like anyplace else, some people are better at their job than others.
                            oh, it's not just PAP hate it's pretty much all levels of AP hate.

I don't share that hate. Of all the times I've been I have only noticed over the top pass holder on a handful of occasions. the majority are decent people just going to have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                              oh, it's not just PAP hate it's pretty much all levels of AP hate.
                              Where does this "hate" stem from? Sorry for the digression.
                              I miss David.

Comment

Trying not to open a can of worms the hatred is for some based on thier feeling APs think they are entitled to the park. Other hate them because the park is a lot more crowded now. Other hate them because they don't live close to the park and can't go as often.

Most don't hate, some do. Whatcha gonna do?

Comment

IDK, self entitlement, acting like ***** in the park, yelling at people while saying the have a PAP and deserve their butts kissed (that goes back to the first one), using the 2 finger point and acting like a cm...IDK...*shrug*

Comment

Whoa, I get to do all these things if I buy an AP? W00t...

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                                      Whoa, I get to do all these things if I buy an AP? W00t...

I prefer to keep my AP hid and out of sight. Since I know of the bad rap for Ap people I don't advertise I have one.
                                      Last edited by SCUBAbe; 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Weird. Well maybe I'll start a new thread some other time about that can of worms.
                                        I miss David.

Comment

Weird. Well maybe I'll start a new thread some other time about that can of worms.
                                          There's been plenty of threads about APers.

They all get heated.

They all get lots of responses.
                                          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X