This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more you look at it, the uglier it gets. [DCA]

I can't help but notice how drab DCA is starting to look. The more and more I look at pictures of the park, the more I can't wait to see walls up and things being reworked and made for the better. It all comes from the attention to detail that the Midway Mania building is now getting. If you look at the pictures of how it is starting to shape up, it only makes Paradise Pier look worse and worse. I can't wait to see what the finished project looks like not only with Midway Mania, but the entire re-thought park. I also can't wait to see them tearing out the Maliboomer, CALIFORNIA letters, tile murals, and Golden Gate bridge. I just wish they were starting NOW!

Al's column added to my anticipation.

Re: The more you look at it, the uglier it gets.

I don't look south from DL any more.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Stop Hating on DCA!
      Its bad for you.
      Har har har

Comment

"That's what she said!"
        http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...chaelscott.jpg

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
        Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-09-2007, 09:17 PM.
        Magic Journeys...

Comment

Agreed. I'm still skeptical that DCA will ever rival Disneyland in terms of sheer quality and fun, but that's kind of a given. Disneyland is one of those "right time, right place" sort of things.

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
            Stop Hating on DCA!
            Its bad for you.
            I totally agree Garbear!!! Not to complain and stuff but It was beautiful the way it was originally......WITHOuT TSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            :lol:SkItTlEs:lol:

Comment

I hate to hate but I kinda hate DCA.

It's cool as a free little park to retreat to when the crowds get heavy, or to jump on TOT and leave, but as a true second gate, it's quite a disappointment.

On with the construction, only time will tell if that place can find a place in my heart.
              Originally posted by Aristocat
              I miss David.
              Originally posted by Ginarella
              All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                Agreed. I'm still skeptical that DCA will ever rival Disneyland in terms of sheer quality and fun, but that's kind of a given. Disneyland is one of those "right time, right place" sort of things.
                As a DCA lover (and I don't mean this in the supporter of mediocrity way that was mentioned in the already mentioned Al article). I'm gonna leave my judgement on the park until something actually happens.

These rumors that are circulating sound fantabulous, but I won't pass judgement 'til I see them in action.

I also don't think it's an ugly park! But that could just be me and a handful of others (I'm actually psyced I finally get to go back to DCA this weekend... my last two DLR trips have been DCA-less)

Comment

I feel that Disneyland is a whole lot better with DCA and DTD as compared to before. So DCA may not size up, but it sure adds a lot to an allready wonderfull place. Stop the hatin suposidly you live longer.

Comment

Well, the view that we had of DCA from the 14th floor of the PPH last week was terrific!

I started each day by enjoying a cup of hot chocolate while perched in the chair looking out the window of the room watching the sun come up.

And I ended each evening by sitting there watching all of the lights glitter in the darkness.

Couldn't ask for much more than that!

Comment

That reminds me Pirate, DCA is without a doubt one of the most stunning sites in all of California after dark, simple magnificent. I love it .

Comment

Lots of neon I must say. A cheap way to do lighting.

Comment

Here's on of the shots that I took.

Perrrty!!!
                          Last edited by PirateMickey; 12-12-2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

You must not know a whole lot. Neon is far from cheap, especially on rides that cost several hundreds of millions. What way would you suggest they light it?

Comment

I feel that Disneyland is a whole lot better with DCA and DTD as compared to before. So DCA may not size up, but it sure adds a lot to an allready wonderfull place.
                              True. I'd rather have Disneyland+DCA than Disneyland by itself...but the margin isn't anywhere near as big as it should be. DCA still feels to me like a nice little bonus...not like it's half the fun of going to the resort.

Comment

I've never been a big fan of DCA, but I think it's a crime how they have let that park rot for five years. Faded paint and burned out light bulbs are everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by symbolic View Post
                                  You must not know a whole lot. Neon is far from cheap, especially on rides that cost several hundreds of millions. What way would you suggest they light it?
                                  No I mean they use it so repeatedly. My point is not that neon is cheap to buy, but that it is an easy alternative to elaborate ways to light attractions. Maybe its because everything is reality themed. You don't see a lot of neon in Tokyo DisneySea. The setting doesn't allow for it. In DCA, neon is ok on plain stucco I suppose.

Comment

Another thing DCA could use is a berm of trees and plants; not just palm trees and powerlines.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                                      Another thing DCA could use is a berm
                                      No you see, the convention center and surrounding hotels are part of the theme. I mean, those hotels are part of California right???

Comment

Re: The more you look at it, the uglier it gets. [DCA]

the pier looks great all lit up at night, and i must say that i really think that the san francisco / golden state area of the park is really gorgeous. i'm glad they're remaking a lot of it, though, because the hollywood studios backlot and other areas just need more magic. i think theming it all to the past will be very effective. that's one of the reasons that disneyland areas like main street and adventureland are so amazing; it's like walking into an extremely detailed time capsule. i'm excited to see this kind of thing at DCA too. it will be even more beautiful.
                                        "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X