X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever get lucky at Disneyland???

We have!

In fact, just this past w/e a nice lady came up to us and gave us four of the snack vouchers from her dining package. She was leaving and couldn't use them, so she was gracious enough to give them to us. Each one is worth up to $6.50 in purchases of snack items from the carts. Nice!

We have also been given a few character balloons over the years. Seems that you can't take helium balloons on the planes, so folks give them to other DL guests as they leave. Considerate!

And a few years back, a nice little old lady came up to us as we were in line to get my youngest daughter her first AP, and offered up a 5 Day Multi Park Hopper Pass. She was leaving and couldn't use the last two days. She saved me from having to get the AP for that trip. Sweet!

Oh yeah, my daughters sunglasses were lost somewhere in the Park, so we reported it to Lost & Found. About a week later, her sunglasses arrived at our house in the mail! What a surprise!

Yep, I'd say that Lady Luck has been on our side a few times at the Park.

How about you???

Re: Ever get lucky at Disneyland???

Pretty lucky! too bad i don't have er rather i don't remember ever having been lucky.. =(
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

Comment

From the title of the thread I thought this was going to go down a completely different path. :evil:

Other than CMs being nice and meeting some really nice people while waiting for parades or Fantasmic, nothing really stands out. Oh, wait, there is one thing, a little over a year or so ago we met this guy there and he gave my girls Pez dispensers. Quite a nice guy, I wish I could remember his name is was something like Rusty something or Trusty no wait it was Dusty something or the other.
      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Wow...the title of this thread threw me for a sec. (The answer to that would be no, by the way.)

::takes deep breath for cheesy but oh-so-true cop-out:: I feel lucky just to be in Disneyland. I don't need any more luck than that.

Aside from that...nah, not too much. Might have come by one or two FastPasses that were being offered by people who didn't need them...but usually, nothing too spectacularly fortuitous happens.

Comment

ahaha oh good i wasn't the only one who was thinking about the title that way...................=P
          "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
          -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

Comment

For my daughters 5th birthday, on March 22nd we were at Dland. I was in the Mad Hatter and my DH was outside waiting by the tea cups when this lady walked up to him and asked him if he was having a nice day. She was not part of the Dream Team. He was small talking with her, and mentioned something about her location that's on her name tag. (it's a game for us to find unusual places on the CM's name tags so we always notice their cities.) Since it was slow in the Mad Hatter, he must have had a nice conversation with her because by the time I was walking out with my daughters hat, 30 minutes later, she was writing up a load pass or somethin like that. She handed me two pieces of paper one for the Matterhorn and one for Peter Pan's Flight to immediately board and not wait in line. It was so cool to use it on the Matterhorn. We only waited for about 15 seconds and was on the ride. Truly an added bonus to our already wonderful day at Disneyland.
            My new motto for 2008 - "If you will live like no one else today, later you can live like no one else." - Dave Ramsey.

Comment

Wow, TOTALLY not what I thought this thread was about.

I was thinking now that we know there aren't any camera's on Small World ... well ... Okay, to the topic at hand.

No ...

I will say though, if we are leaving and have FP's for anything, we generally do try to find touristy looking people to give them to and explain to them that even though the times are expired, they can still use them.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                Wow, TOTALLY not what I thought this thread was about.

hehe...

I'm a sneaky little guy, ain't I!!! :evil:

Enjoy!

Comment

I was thinking now that we know there aren't any camera's on Small World ... well ...
                  Really? That's good to know...didn't know that... :evil:

</kidding>

Comment

I was thinking now that we know there aren't any camera's on Small World ...

Do you think that they had camera's on POTC back during the Grad Nights of '79???

My face would turn red if I heard that they did!!!

Comment

Well one time my wife and I...OOOOHHHHHHH, lucky as in...sorry.

This last trip we were in Tomorrowland and a guy came up to our group and said they were leaving the park and he noticed we had nine people in our group and he happened to have nine fast passes to Space Mountain and offered them to us. We accepted of course!

Comment

This one time, in Club 33, I happened to meet a . . . . .
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Do you think that they had camera's on POTC back during the Grad Nights of '79??? My face would turn red if I heard that they did!!!
                          Ah, so you were that one back in '79, when I was working the tower at Pirates? :evil: Good times, man.

Kidding. I wasn't even born yet. =P

Comment

I was thinking now that we know there aren't any camera's on Small World ... well ... Okay, to the topic at hand.
                            The sound track would totally kill the moment. ) Good luck clinks, you're gonna need it.
                            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I was in the park with my family last year for the holidays. Everyone knew I would be starting my new job soon so I was burning what was left of my sign-ins and letting my little ones have the run of the park. While in line for Small World an old friend stopped by to say hello. She asked if we planned on watching the X Mas parade, we hadn't planned on it, then she smiled and said to track her down when we got off. She didn't tell me until later but she had extra spots because the tour group was smaller then expected. My 3 little ones went NUTS because they went from Small World Holiday to front row at the parade. The oldest was turning 4, his sisters were 2 and 1 respectively. So yeah... we were lucky... and I was extremely lucky to spend time with my family and have worked with such amazing people.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

One time I went just with my mom cause we were both super-stressed and decided to use our APs to chillax at the park.

It was getting late and we could only ride one more ride, so I chose Matterhorn. As we were walking by the exit to get to the entrance this woman calls out to us. "Are you riding the Matterhorn?" And we said yes. She said she had a handicapped pass, useable for six people but two of her people had to leave early. She told us that she was a cancer patient, and she came to Disneyland when she had chemo cause she couldn't sleep anyway. She talked to me and we rode with her. As we were getting off she offered to take us to Space Mountain too.

She was really, really nice.
                                Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

On our first trip as adults (DH and I both went with family as children), we went with my brother and sister in law. We were just there for one day, and our son was 1 and content in his sling, so we just did everything we could all day. We finally realized we were SO hungry, and we went up to the pizza/pasta place in Tomorrowland (redd rockett's?).

Alas, it was closed! And it had JUST closed, too. We were very sad.

As we were walking away, a big family called to us, and asked if we wanted their pizza. Seems they had ordered too many, and had one untouched pizza left. We accepted and tried to pay them, but they refused. So we sat down and found out it was a cheese pizza, which was lucky, b/c DH and I are vegetarian.

It was only on this trip, 2 full years later, that I found out just how much they charge for those pizzas...we were very lucky that year!

On this trip, I suddenly realized my camera was gone. Luckily I was getting pictures off of the memory card each night, but still, that was a half day's worth of pictures...I panicked, I ran around in circles...I realized I had to have left it in Mad Hatter, and I was looking all over. DH enlisted another family's help. They kept urging me to ask at the counter, but I thought for sure it couldn't be there, it had only been 5 minutes! Finally, after they persisted, I asked, and as soon as I could identify the kind of camera, they brought it out, along with the maps I had had with it. WHEW! lucky.

DS's brand new pirate hat was stolen from the stroller (don't ask me why we left it, we just did, sigh) while we were on TSI. Over a day later, after we had let him know that someone took it (we said that non-Disney pirates took it, so that he wasn't angry with Disney pirates or with other park guests), he told a few CMs while waiting for the fireworks at IASW, and suddenly a "lead" came out and gave him a voucher to replace the hat. Awwwwww. Lucky!

Comment

Glad to see that quite a few other folks got "lucky" at the Park!

Keep the story's coming. They're GREAT!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X