This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, please, PLEASE! [Repaint Soarin's Handrails]

Has anyone been in Soarin' lately? They need to repaint the handrails!!! They look like they haven't been painted in years! Is it true that they are going to get replaced by stainless steel handrails?

Re: Please, please, PLEASE!

We enjoyed Soarin last week.

Didn't pay attention to the handrails though.

Sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post

Sorry...
      Same here.

I think they are putting off that kind of stuff because that whole area is going to go through changes when the Lassiter "make over" sweeps through DCA.

Comment

I hardly visit Soarin' anymore. For me, the attraction lacks repeatability and the fact that I don't think they've properly cleaned the screens since DCA opened, the experience just isn't that appealing for me. On my last visit, though, probably a half a year ago at least, I also noticed the handrails were in need of a thorough cleaning and repainting.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Re: Please, please, PLEASE! [Repaint Soarin's Handrails]

that doesnt get me as much as the ending where were coming up on disney circa 2000 christmas seeing the old rocket rods queue lol
          Last edited by DLcastmbr; 10-09-2007, 10:01 PM.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
            that doesnt get as much as the ending where were coming up on disney circa 2000 christmas seeing the old rocket rods queue lol
            Don't they have that same ending at WDW? It's a bit more jarring when you're sitting in Epcot, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
              Don't they have that same ending at WDW? It's a bit more jarring when you're sitting in Epcot, haha.
              What's funny about Soarin' in WDW is everyone was wondering at one point if Disney would do a Soarin' Over Florida!

When I was there in August, the rails did in fact need paint. The remind me of the old Tomorrowland and Fantasyland Autopia's railings. Those seemed like they always needed repainting (especially since Tomorrowland's were usually a light blue). The screens do need cleaning as MasterGracey said. The picture would probably look even better if the screens were cleaned.
              Last edited by Koutesu; 10-09-2007, 09:29 PM. Reason: forgot one

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                ... the fact that I don't think they've properly cleaned the screens since DCA opened, the experience just isn't that appealing for me. ...
                The screens are cleaned regularly--even washed at least twice a year. It's one of the challenges of dust falling down onto bowl shaped screens...and shoes kicking dirt off of them all the time probably doesn't help.

I too have noticed the handrails. Maybe they are going for the rustic look...idk. I'd rather see clean and polished though. Stainless steel would be a nice replacement, easy to maintain and looks nice.

Comment

that doesnt get as much as the ending where were coming up on disney circa 2000 christmas seeing the old rocket rods queue lol

You ever notice how EVERYONE starts cheering and clapping at that point? Like some oohs and ahhs everywhere else and then, "WHOOO!!!! -clapclapclap-" Makes the moment magical.
                  (I think)

Anyway, I haven't noticed the handrails. But handrails always need sprucing up
                  Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

The handrails are left unpainted to maximize the slipperiness to discourage the little munchkins from using them as exercise equipment while fidgeting in line.

OK, I made that up. But I did spiel "Please do not sit, stand, or perform gymnastics on the handrails" when I did greeter and merge and I think it would have been effective.

Maybe pig grease ...

Comment

Yeah. The quality of the film itself looking old bugs me a whole lot more than the handrails. But hey, you want DCA to draw like Disneyland you gotta do the little things.

Comment

that doesnt get me as much as the ending where were coming up on disney circa 2000 christmas seeing the old rocket rods queue lol
                        I have never noticed that before. I always focus on the parade. I cant wait to check it out when I go tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                          Same here.

I think they are putting off that kind of stuff because that whole area is going to go through changes when the Lassiter "make over" sweeps through DCA.
                          Except the handrails are just as bad over at Autopia... etc.
                          Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                          Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                          Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

What is it you hate so much about DCA?
                            Just wondering, being this is your second post complaining about DCA
                            Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post

Sorry...
                              How can you miss that? It's really in bad shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
                                Not as jarring as seeing a Disneyland commercial and noticing the castle is Cinderella Castle and not Sleeping Beauty Castle.

I never noticed that. I'll check it out the next time and let you know what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                  Except the handrails are just as bad over at Autopia... etc.
                                  Write your congresstional rep then and also you should refuse to visit DLR until they paint all their hand rails.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                    How can you miss that? It's really in bad shape.
                                    I know how strange!!! Instead of handrail paint/condition I was talking with my children and my friends and being excited about the ride and looking at all the other great costumes that people were wearing...how silly of me I should have zero'd in on those handrails.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                                      I know how strange!!! Instead of handrail paint/condition I was talking with my children and my friends and being excited about the ride and looking at all the other great costumes that people were wearing...how silly of me I should have zero'd in on those handrails.
                                      I do the same thing too, but the railing in Soarin' is in terrible condition you can't ignore it. I guess I must be a man of many talents!

Comment

I think handrails are extremely hard to keep up when they are painted. Kids are constantly picking at the paint, since they are bored out of their skulls in line. People are constantly handling them with their dirty, oily hands. Repainting is a pain because the type of paint they need to use will not be dry in time for business the next day. Even if they manage to repaint them overnight and have them dry magically, people will make short work of the maintainence they just did. That's no excuse for not taking care of them, but it's a really good reason to use unpainted stainless steel or chrome instead.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X