This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Off Season" Non existant?

Is there not an Off Season for the Disneyland Resorts? What gives? When can you escape the crowds? Is it me or does it seem always busy? Please enlighten me?

Re: "Off Season" Non existant?

I heard that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the slowest days of the week (other than summer and other times when school's out). Also I think the slowest time of all is between the end of the Thanksgiving weekend and through the first couple weeks of December.

Comment

Oh yes wednesday is a great day to go. I went once and it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by snappy View Post
        Is there not an Off Season for the Disneyland Resorts? What gives? When can you escape the crowds? Is it me or does it seem always busy? Please enlighten me?
        Well, if that is your car in your avatar, and you are where you state you are, on the North Shore, then I don't think you're allowed to complain about anything!!

Otherwise, please see this chart.
        http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/atend.htm

Note that all weekend days are packed, even Super Bowl Sunday, these days. All holidays are packed, and the weekends preceding holidays are more packed. Note that the fireworks that can be seen optimally only in one section of the park make the Hub very packed-looking.
        Please note that when some large unofficial weekend event is going on, it's packed.

Comment

600,000 APers.

There is no off season.

It's a crap shoot.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

It really seems like the last few years the "off season" has turned into a myth. Even on weekdays in September or February, DL is seeing pretty good crowds. I think it has a lot to do with the constant promotions Disney has for the park now, first the 50th celebration, then YOAMD. Also, new attractions tend to lure people too.
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
              Otherwise, please see this chart.
              http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/atend.htm
              Problem is, that graphic is from at least 5 years ago. I'm still pining for a new, updated one.

Comment

Originally posted by RenMan View Post
                Problem is, that graphic is from at least 5 years ago. I'm still pining for a new, updated one.
                Hmm, as a best guess, push up all the lower periods up about 5K.

Comment

I've noticed that it always seems busy too. The first time I took my daughters was the first week in March of 2000. It was awesome. Good weather, small crowds, characters everywhere. We had a blast. Now, even though we plan for off season, it's still busy. We still have a blast though. I think those attendance graphs are a thing of the past. Since the 50th, it's always busy.

Comment

While they are not exact, they are helpful for someone like Porsche-driving-in-Hawaii snappy when planning his vacations.
                    I might even lop a few thousand off the top of a few of the peaks, due to lowered capacity from years gone by.

Comment

I still think it's pretty nice on weekdays during October. Fantasyland and a few E-tickets always have lines, but other than that I walk on the majority of attractions.
                      Originally posted by Aristocat
                      I miss David.
                      Originally posted by Ginarella
                      All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

Shhhhhh!!!!
                        Sheesh, get the story straight: "It's always busy, so please, nobody go!!!"

Comment

February rainy days.

Comment

Sunday night after the fireworks.
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Not sure how this year will go, but last year end of October, November, December and January (expect New Years) were pretty light. I got my AP in October and was so used to the crowds being light that I was shocked when the busy season came along.

Comment

When I went in mid-September, the crowds looked bad, but they actually weren't at all. I rode Space Mountain four times without FastPass, never waiting more than fifteen minutes. Big Thunder varied between five minutes and the usual twenty. So yes, there is an off-season, albeit a very sporadic and unreliable one. You just have to get lucky and be there on the right day.

Comment

Last week during the week the park was fairly empty. Most 'E' ticket rides never got a line over 10 minutes. I agree with Data the crowds look worse than they are. Part of this is the sub effect and part is due to the fact that basically until the end of the year all the rides are up.
                                  Originally posted by SummerInFL
                                  Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                                  Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

I haven't seen a real offseason since like two years after DCA opened...

Comment

I can't really remember the last time I went to Disneyland and there was only a light crowd. Probably like 1997 or 1999. Knott's and Universal on the other hand...

Comment

Lets start a FAQ about DL for new or casual visitors and tell them that the least crowded day is the first Saturday in July. Then we can all save the better times for ourselves and the uninitiated will say out of our way.
                                        Originally posted by SummerInFL
                                        Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                                        Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X