This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition from Halloween to Christmas

My family and I will be going to Disneyland on Monday November 5th and Tuesday November 6th. Will all of the halloween decorations be replaced with Christmas decorations by then?

Re: Transition from Halloween to Christmas

Sorry to say but nope they put up the Christmas decorations around the 16thsorry buddy.
    Oh and welcome to Micechat!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome AND the very quick reply.

Will the halloween decorations be up until the 16th then?

Comment

I don't know how it is now, but when I went in 2004 (this was before Halloween Time began) we were in the park until 10:00 pm on Oct 31 and when we came back at 9:00 am the next morning the big christmas tree was out and some of the other decorations, like a wreath here and there were up on Main Street.
        Christina

Comment

So which is it? The 16th or the day after Halloween?

I guess we'll see for ourselves?

Comment

Yeah, they start putting up the decorations as much as 2 weeks before the celebration actually begins.

Comment

Welcome to Mice Chat!

I have heard that the Christmas stuff comes out right after Halloween but I do not know for sure if that means "November 1" or not, sorry.

I wonder why they don't have Thanksgiving/Harvest seasonal decorations?

Comment

It takes a lot of manpower to redecorate the park.
                Also, the Holidays are the most profittable times at the resort, and the delay that would be caused by a harvest decoration scheme is too costly.
                In order to have the park decorated as extensively as it is, they begin right after halloweentime.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwysL8 View Post
                  I don't know how it is now, but when I went in 2004 (this was before Halloween Time began) we were in the park until 10:00 pm on Oct 31 and when we came back at 9:00 am the next morning the big christmas tree was out and some of the other decorations, like a wreath here and there were up on Main Street.
                  We had the same experience last year. Even the candy corn print on the CALIFORNIA was replaced with candy cane print overnight! Most of Halloween was gone and much of Christmas was up by Nov. 1.

Comment

I guess like the halloween decorations they will start putting them up as soon as the halloween stuff is over, but all the christmas stuff and events won't be fully installed until the 16th, which would include Small World Holiday, and the Believe in the Magic of the Holidays fireworks show.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxhero View Post
                      I guess like the halloween decorations they will start putting them up as soon as the halloween stuff is over, but all the christmas stuff and events won't be fully installed until the 16th, which would include Small World Holiday, and the Believe in the Magic of the Holidays fireworks show.
                      Believe takes nothing for set up, just drop in new shells and reconfigure a few launchers. That could happen the morning of the 16th.or 5 hours before the frieworks. Usually decorations go up gradually. They used to do it at both Disneyland and WDW overnight, but it was too much of a hassle.

Comment

oh I know the fireworks doesn't take too much but I'm sure they'll want to make sure the arraignment works right before going live plus there's also the new castle decorations that they're gonna install and make sure those work before they can start the firework show.

Comment

Those effects were tested a long time ago, ask AaronInCal on here, his friends that work there saw them testing the effects with a crane months ago. PLus the show is already programmed from last year, if they want to add effects then they can, but usually things like that are tested months in advanced so set up goes quickly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X