This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride length and content

My wife and I have been hiting Disneyland up quite a bit lately, and have noticed some rides seem faster or omit parts when the park is busier. For example we rode the holiday version of Haunted Mansion at DL on the left we were offered a chilling challenge, yet later (when busier) we rode the elevator straight ahead and we were not offered a chilling challenge. I asked the one of the cast members, who proceded to look at me like I asked her to explain Rocket Science to me and answered...." Uh.....No?" Does anyone know if certain rides are sped up or if parts are omitted during busier seasons, we're goin nuts over this. Wow, look at me ramble, Thanks for your help

Re: Ride length and content

I definitely feel like the speed of Pirates is adjustable; I've been on it on slow days at a nice, leisurely pace; on crowded days it feels like we're zipping past everything.

So, no official answer, but I think you're right.

Comment

How would you not getting a "Chilling Challenge" in the HM elevator speed up the ride? You still have to wait for the elevator to reach the bottom of the shaft before the door opens. If you'll notice, the entire sequence still ends about 5 or 10 seconds before you reach the bottom.

Comment

The reason you weren't offered a "chilling challenge" is because that particular part of the narration is only germane to the regular, non-holiday version of HM. As you said, you were riding the Holiday version of the ride, in which elevator takes the same amount of time to get from top to bottom, however the narration goes instead like this:

Twas the Nightmare before Christmas
        And all through the house
        Not a creature was peacefull
        Not even a mouse
        The stockings all hung by the chimney with care
        When opened that morning would cause such a scare
        The children nestled all snug in their beds
        Would have nightmares of monsters and skeleton heads
        Ha ha ha ha!

Whereas if it wasn't a holiday, this is what you would hear:

Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboading. Almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination? Hmm? And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors. Hmm hmm hmm. Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out. Ha ha ha ha ha! [inhale] Of course, there's always my way...
        Zoe Necrosis
        Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

I have never thought that any attraction felt faster. I have however felt like I was crawling on IASW.
          Originally posted by Aristocat
          I miss David.
          Originally posted by Ginarella
          All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

The only reason why an attraction goes faster or slower is because of the speed of the STATION of the attraction. The faster castmembers can move guests into the vehicles, and out of the station, the faster vehicles can enter the station.

This applies only to rides with variable spacing between vehicles. So, it does NOT apply to Omnimovers for example (which are affected instead by the loading of special assistance parties when the whole ride is slowed down or stopped to let them in). This does not affect roller coasters like Space Mountain or Matterhorn, for obvious design reasons.

But boat rides in particular, such as Splash or Pirates, are definitely affected by how efficient the crew in the station is. The better the crew, the faster the ride, but the more guests per hour, so the shorter the lines, so the more rides a guest can do in a day. Yes, it's a tradeoff, but hey. It's what people have proven time and time they want. They'd rather have a 8 minute ride on Splash than a 9 minute one, if it means 25 more guests per hour.

As to cutting out parts of the ride, absolutely this does not happen.

Comment

It's true The faster the crew is the faster the ride is...Especially on Pirates, Splash, and even Autopia.

Comment

Actually, the holiday version was different on the same day one was on the elevator to your left, and on was the elevator straight ahead. Like I said, it just seems like when the park is crowded the rides seem to move a bit quicker, harder to see little details in rides. Even my children have asked me about it. Maybe it's in our food lol. Thank you for all the respnses

Comment

Originally posted by larasound View Post
                  I have never thought that any attraction felt faster. I have however felt like I was crawling on IASW.
                  That's true. Time does seem to stand still in there. Can anyone confirm whether or not a time suck vortex exists in that area of the park? )

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X