• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garbear
    replied
    Re: DLR: AP'ers and Missed Maintenance

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post

I'll be consulting with my lawyer about Disney blatantly and egregiously stealing my ideas without just compensation ...

:lol:

Leave a comment:

• JeffYardDog
    replied

Originally posted by garbear View Post
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ash-80377.html

What do you know I guess your dreams have come true JeffYardDog.
    I think they're going to have a problem with child labor laws. Note that I specifically exempted minors and the elderly. Can't these people do anything right.

I'll be consulting with my lawyer about Disney blatantly and egregiously stealing my ideas without just compensation ...

Leave a comment:

• IMAGINE
    replied

asking APs to clean is just ridiculous...they paid the money for the pass to enjoy themselves as they wish. Hopefully they do so in a way that doesnt destory the park, but even if they do it's not their problem. Hopefully some APs just have the common mannerisms of cleaning up after themselves and what not in acting accordingly with good conduct. AP levels should decrease, yes. APs should not be punished for visiting...

Leave a comment:

• garbear
    replied

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ash-80377.html

What do you know I guess your dreams have come true JeffYardDog.

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

What an absurd idea. it's every 5th visit, not 5th AP'er.
    The 'everyday' APer, by sheer number of visits per week, generates more garbage proportionally. My plan must involve APers, as they are the root of all DLR's problems.
    You would waste - in more ways than one - too many AP'ers.
    APers replenish themselves. See a drop in AP sales? Lower the price by $5. They will come . They can't help it.
    And how would you make then cleanup after themselves ?
    No need: less garbage to clean up, more revenue generated from their randomly selected deaths/or kidnapping.
    OTOH, it would keep the Disney lawyers busy dealing with the felonies where they could be less bothersome
    The Lawyer Overtime issue seems like a moot point, as they will be busier in any case where decisions violating civil liberties are concerned (whether its forced labor, or kidnapping and murder) . But if you wanna make an omelette...

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

I do my job! Here's a rare shot of me on Main Street.

Leave a comment:

• JeffYardDog
    replied

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I agree in principle with JYD. I feel a greater use for that '5th Aper' is required, however. I believe every fifth APer should be sacrificed for the greater good; his/her organs harvested and sold, or in the rare cases of extreme attractiveness, be sold to the highest bidder as a pleasure slave. Not only will this be a windfall financially, but will reduce the number of APer's by MINIMUM 20%, relieving the maintenance burden they cause.
    What an absurd idea. it's every 5th visit, not 5th AP'er.

You would waste - in more ways than one - too many AP'ers.

And how would you make then cleanup after themselves ?

OTOH, it would keep the Disney lawyers busy dealing with the felonies where they could be less bothersome.

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied

I'm too busy on this message board to actually clean or paint.

But if you need someone to whine and complain about the crummy job the APers are doing, I'm your man.

No, really!

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Yes I did, and I clearly stated how it was an insane IDEA.
    He's referring to the very first post.
    As if it weren't obvious enough, though.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I agree in principle with JYD. I feel a greater use for that '5th Aper' is required, however. I believe every fifth APer should be sacrificed for the greater good; his/her organs harvested and sold, or in the rare cases of extreme attractiveness, be sold to the highest bidder as a pleasure slave. Not only will this be a windfall financially, but will reduce the number of APer's by MINIMUM 20%, relieving the maintenance burden they cause.

Every 5th AP hmm? Well my immediate family has 4. Chances are good. Wow, it's like Sophie's Chioce. Can't decide.

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kirbilicious
    replied

Every 5th (the number is fudgible) visit of a pass holder, hand them a paint brush or a broom or a polishing cloth or other other simple tool and assign them to perform some routine maintenance task for an hour of their visit. (Minors and elderly excepted.) Frequent visitors clearly have time to spare and plenty of (other) opportunities to visit the park so they should be able to spare this little time to support the park they so clearly love. Just make this appreciation more tangible.
    This is a terrible idea. Do you realize how much money Disney would lose in lost paint brushes, brooms, cloths, etc.??? Instead it should be a requirement to bring one of these items and present it to a CM at the front gate in order to gain admission to the park. Perhaps Disney could even make it a reward system. One must help maintain the park for a certain amount of time before that person can gain access to a ride. I'm thinking 15 minutes for an A ticket with the following tickets increasing in increments of 15 minutes. The great part about this idea is that it would either drastically lower the wait times for E tickets or the park would just be incredibly well maintained as people would be cleaning for 75 minutes per E ticket they wish to ride.

Leave a comment:

• JeffYardDog
    replied

OK, I give up. You can lead someone to a clue but you can't make them ...

Leave a comment:

• garbear
    replied

Look at the Icon associated with the thread.

Leave a comment:

• JeffYardDog
    replied

JeffYardDog
    This is an insane idea the amount of people going to Disneyland would probably drop a HUGE! amount. People go to get away from the real world for a while.
    Well, it would hardly be the most insane idea that has ever been implemented at Disneyland.

And reducing the crowds of AP'ers a bit wouldn't be an entirely bad idea.

But here's a clue for the Clue-Resistant ... and maybe the Clue-Immune:

Look at the Icon associated with the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    All Disney has to do is call it a "Dream Job", and suckers will be lining-up to send YouTube videos of themselves in janitor uniforms.

If Tom Sawyer still had his island, Disney could make whitewashing an interactive part of The Year of a Million Dreams.

I resent that Just kidding. I am a janitor at a grocery store though. lol.

Leave a comment:

• garbear
    replied

JeffYardDog
    This is an insane idea the amount of people going to Disneyland would probably drop a HUGE! amount. People go to get away from the real world for a while.

Leave a comment:

• StrikeYerColors
    replied

i think this idea is hilarious, and i'd happily spend an unpaid hour every weekend painting disneyland. the maintenance and the little details and the theming are what make it so magical to be there, and sometimes when i see something that needs a little fix, i often wish that they would just let me do it because i would ACTUALLY get it done, and done well, haha. such as replacing light bulbs in rides, painting, etc.

of course, it's totally not feasible. i'm not saying it should actually be attempted, just that i'd actually volunteer.

Leave a comment:

• JeffYardDog
    replied

Originally posted by audibleatom View Post
    i have a better idea...why dont YOU get a AP (if you dont have one) and go work for FREE. or go get a job there...

this is by far the dumbest idea i have read on this site (and trust me we all read a lot of dumb ideas).
    Well then. my job is done here.

But I do appreciate the acknowledgment

Leave a comment:

• audibleatom
    replied

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    All Disney has to do is call it a "Dream Job", and suckers will be lining-up to send YouTube videos of themselves in janitor uniforms.

If Tom Sawyer still had his island, Disney could make whitewashing an interactive part of The Year of a Million Dreams.
    )

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X