• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horses of Disneyland

Here's Kaleb:

And here's Scout:

Re: Horses of Disneyland

Aw! And even their names are great for horses...

Comment

<3<3<3 horses...
      <3 Chloe

Comment

I can help with this. Here is King.

And this is Tyson.

And this is Scott.

Unfortunately, I do not know the name of this one. If someone does let me know.

Comment

I think that last one might be Bert. Not sure. Thanks for the help mellonballer!

Comment

I love this! Very cute.
            "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

BEST job in the parks, btw! They work 4 days a week, 3 hours at a time (or is that 3 days/4 hours? I don't remember now) AND Disney buys their lunches and covers housing! I'm transferring to horse.
              "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I was just going to ask what their life style was because I have always been super animal rights girls.

Good to know they have a good life. Does Disney buy more than lunch?

Comment

Does Bob Barker know about this? :lol:

Seriously, if Rasulo and Grier ever get their heads out of their arrears, the dark one would be perfect for a Headless Horseman ride for the nighttime Halloween Parade idea!

Comment

awww yay! i love to see the horses getting their due respect!

Comment

Totally cool. Draft horses are awesome and to think they have so many at DL. Don't they each have there own nameplates on their rigs?
                      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I've heard they actully do not get the proper amount of exercise merely hauling the streetcars, and must be exercised addditionally.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                          I think that last one might be Bert. Not sure. Thanks for the help mellonballer!
                          Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                          Unfortunately, I do not know the name of this one. If someone does let me know.

That seems likely. Whe I zoom in the name seems to have 4 letters. Tjhat name also sounds familiar.

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                          Totally cool. Draft horses are awesome and to think they have so many at DL. Don't they each have there own nameplates on their rigs?
                          Thye do have a name tag on each one. They look like just CM tags, but are silver colored.

Comment

How many horses does Disneyland maintain at their stables? Also, what breed are they? I want to say Belgians, but could be wrong.

Comment

Yesterday's horses were only working 2 hour shifts.

Comment

i know nothing about horses, but live near the equestrian center in burbank and have a friend that has 3 there that i take carrots to often...what kind of horses are these?
                                OLM!!!
                                There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Thye do have a name tag on each one. They look like just CM tags, but are silver colored.
                                  Cool. Where are they located? Do they also say where they are from?

Comment

Love the horse and the fact that Disney is bringing horses into some of their parades as well. Like the horses coming from my neck of the woods. Langley, BC Canada. I'm so proud! Something from my home town going to my other home. Disneyland! So excited!
                                    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

Comment

I thought so. My youngest daugther loves horse so we stopped and talked to the CM by the hub. I thought I saw a nametag on the horse. Pretty cool, another nice little Disney touch. Thanks Melonballer for confirming.
                                      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by audibleatom View Post
                                        i know nothing about horses, but live near the equestrian center in burbank and have a friend that has 3 there that i take carrots to often...what kind of horses are these?
                                        I can't say for sure but at least the first 2 horses posted are Belgian Draft horses. All of the horses they use are draft horse of some sort or another - the others (the black horse and the grays) are probably Percherons.

Here are my contributions to the horsie thread -- these are from Sunday and I actually got to witness them changing the two horses out. Silver (thats what his name tag said!) was walked out from the brown fencing next to the fire house to the waiting trolley right in front of the train station. The other gray was unhooked (I couldn't read his name tag unfortunately) and walked away and the other was backed in to place and hooked back up. It was awesome to see a horse being led down Main Street!

Silver

The lucky guy getting relieved from his duties!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X