X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goofy Daddy
    replied
    Re: TSI/Pirates Lair Phases 2 & 3

On that note I hear that phase 4 will include an area specifically for MC members where we can settle our differences with cutlass and cannonade all manner of weaponry. Are you ready kidpirate???

Or we can agree to disagree over a dole whip. DLR is just that kind of place!

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

Dude, YOU started out by saying "You mean the show that goes on...etc"

That was far more snide than I have been, especially since NO thats not the show I meant, and that was quite clear. Get over it and move on.

Leave a comment:

• kidpirate
    replied

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    :lol: So true, and yet he still didn't get it. Oh well.
    Wow... Was I not eloquent enough in my explaination? I'm not the one shooting people down here, so the jibes are rather unnecessary.

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    /\
    Pay attention!

Goofy's speaking, and you know how stern he can be.

:lol: So true, and yet he still didn't get it. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• kidpirate
    replied

Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Actually, the Pirate stunt show is only on weekends in the off season.
    Yes but the Bootstrappers and Bilge Rats are still there doing six shows a day. During the week, AND off season.

Leave a comment:

• kidpirate
    replied

Try actually reading and comprehending my whole post before trying to shoot it down. I am NOT thinking of a show from Folrida, I ahve never been there never heard of a Jack and Mack show.

As I CLEARLY said, I had heard there were plans to copy the format of the Jedi Academy, but with a pirate theme. They would take kids of various ages from the crowd and give them "practice swords" and the like and perhaps have to "sword fight" a bad guy. If that is the Jack and Mack show OK, it wouldn't be the first time Disney took something from one park and tried to make it work in another.

I am aware of the current "regular show" but it is not the one I heard was coming in phase 2.
    That's why I told you about the show from florida, because it's EXACTLY what you described. Which is why I then went on to explain that idea was nixed early on in the process. It was slated to become part of the initial entertainment on the island.

You were very clear, as was I. I wasn't shooting anything down, just explaining.

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

Phase 2 should be Discovery Bay and phase 3 should be a chili dog eating contest.

I've been spending a lot of time in that area of the park and there is more room than one would think on the other half of TSI and around the bend of the Rivers of America. I love taking rides on the Mark Twain but there is very little to see back there besides some crusty old Native Americans. I literally sit there and implant a mental image of those few Discovery Bay concept art pieces over the current RoA and imagine what could be.

Leave a comment:

• 3rdshiftCM
    replied

Originally posted by kidpirate View Post
    A regular show? So the show that happens six times a day every day of the week out there isn't a regular show?

Actually, the Pirate stunt show is only on weekends in the off season.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

/\
    Pay attention!

Goofy's speaking, and you know how stern he can be.

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by kidpirate View Post
    A regular show? So the show that happens six times a day every day of the week out there isn't a regular show?
    Try actually reading and comprehending my whole post before trying to shoot it down. I am NOT thinking of a show from Folrida, I ahve never been there never heard of a Jack and Mack show.

As I CLEARLY said, I had heard there were plans to copy the format of the Jedi Academy, but with a pirate theme. They would take kids of various ages from the crowd and give them "practice swords" and the like and perhaps have to "sword fight" a bad guy. If that is the Jack and Mack show OK, it wouldn't be the first time Disney took something from one park and tried to make it work in another.

I am aware of the current "regular show" but it is not the one I heard was coming in phase 2.

Leave a comment:

• kidpirate
    replied

On to the actual topic...I heard in phase 2 there was going to be a regular show there that was basically a copy of Jedi Training Academy but with pirates. The last I heard, IF phase 1 was well received then at least some phase two stuff could be implimented by summer '08.
    A regular show? So the show that happens six times a day every day of the week out there isn't a regular show? Also, the show you're thinking of is the Captain Jack and Mack show from Florida, which was supposed to be incorporated into the entertainment on the island. The script wasn't up to disneyland's entertainment standards, so they threw it out and decided to let the Bootstrappers and Bilge Rats continue doing their thing, which is far more amusing that Florida's pirate show.

The island was EXTREMELY well-recieved by upper management. There is already talk of 'plussing' at least the entertainment on the island before phase 2 and 3 come in, which are both definitely happening now.

The next phases are going to include a completely new, massive show building on the backside of the island. Housing for lots of stuff. There's also talk of opening the fort up to guests in a later phase.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    You're just pirate crazy. Are your feelings mixed about the fabled 'Phase 2 and 3'? What they will bring is undoubtedly more thematic departure. Its Frontierland vs. Pirates, cage match--who do you root for?

Frontierland comes to the match limping while Pirates had the whole WDI department as a tag team partner.

I'd root for the underdog, but y'all know who's going to win.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

You're just pirate crazy. Are your feelings mixed about the fabled 'Phase 2 and 3'? What they will bring is undoubtedly more thematic departure. Its Frontierland vs. Pirates, cage match--who do you root for?
    Oh...is Pirates Lair part of Frontierland? I didn't realize that...lol

While I would LOVE for them to help Frontierland, me lovem pirates...

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    While my reasoning for wanting to know about a Pirate themed addition are related to my enjoyment of the pirate stuff (duh...and YOU Know this)... theme does concern me. Princess Island would not interest me at all.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

Doesn't sound like theme is really that important then? As long as the attraction is fun and new? Anxiously awaiting news of yet more thematic violations? Would you be so disposed to accept this theme change if it were NOT a subject matter interesting to you, as Pirates are? Would you be just as forgiving of a 'Princess Island'?
    While my reasoning for wanting to know about a Pirate themed addition are related to my enjoyment of the pirate stuff (duh...and YOU Know this)... theme does concern me. Princess Island would not interest me at all.

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Ohh Princess island...I am SO there!
    If the current PFF is an accurate barometer, you wouldn't be the only one there!

Leave a comment:

• MollyTrolly
    replied

Doesn't sound like theme is really that important then? As long as the attraction is fun and new? Anxiously awaiting news of yet more thematic violations? Would you be so disposed to accept this theme change if it were NOT a subject matter interesting to you, as Pirates are? Would you be just as forgiving of a 'Princess Island'?
    Ohh Princess island...I am SO there!

In relation to the additional phases I can't imagine right now there would be reason to spend the additional funds unless there were major opportunities to make money on the pirate theme above what they already have. Aside from putting in a pirate type PFF (God help us all) or a food joint or something, it doesnt seem worth it when I am sure there are much better things to spend money on right now.

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

All this is to say, we CAN find ways to invigorate a land, AND still stick to theme, but we need to make BOTH goals part of the equation.
    And...in spite of all that... I STILL want to visit the Pirates on TSI and STILL want to know what's happening with the other phases.

Leave a comment:

• Kasey
    replied

When Tom, Huck and Joe ran away, they did runaway to be pirates. I suppose that's something of a seque to the Pirate's Lair.

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Lover 68
    replied

And...in spite of all that... I STILL want to visit the Pirates on TSI and STILL want to know what's happening with the other phases.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X