Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Once again)Why does everyone not like DCA???

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (Once again)Why does everyone not like DCA???

I think when you have a great park like Disneyland right across from a mediocre park like California Adventure, the differences in quality and attractions stick out a lot. Granted that there are some good points to DCA, but I do feel that they don't have enough worthwhile rides.

One of the big things that I dislike as well is the layout of DCA. In Disneyland you just need to get to the Hub and be steps away from EVERY land, whereas in DCA that isn't the case. The worst being ToT, I hate that it dead ends there and you have to go back through so much just to get to another ride, aside from Monsters, Inc. the next ride which is closest being Soarin'. I've also experiend Bug's Land, or whatever it is called, and even though the rides are amusing ... I feel that it suffers from the same thing as ToT with the dead end right there.

I enjoy DCA, but I have to admit that after a long day at Disneyland all I have the patience for is going to ToT and then leaving. Although, I'm sure I'll miss the light crowds once all the new stuff starts coming around and more people get interested in what DCA has to offer.

Comment

In 2009 there will be a thread called, why do we love DCA.............................

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Banks View Post
        I'm profoundly surprised anyone would even have to ask that question.

To like DCA is akin to liking your neighborhood mall.

Disneyland was created with the clear intent to entertain and inspire and transport.

DCA was made to make money and to do it as cheaply and cynically as possible. It's founder, a certain Michael Eisner, didn't really care about people. He figured they'd blindly fall in line with the park if it had "Disney" somewhere in the title.

And he knew a sucker was born every minute.

To ask the question, "Why does everyone not like DCA" proves that a least one minute has gone by.

If you do not understand why DCA is such a colossal creative failure then I just feel so deeply sorry for you. You need a hug.
        This is what I can't stand.

Expressing your opinion regarding DCA is one thing, however to insinuate that people who enjoy the park in it's current state are suckers, and are below your level of comprehension is just arrogant. California Adventure is a park that many people enjoy, and the collective extreme opinions of the internet fan sites are NOT the opinions of the general public.

Are there issues, yes. Every new park has issues. However you are completely dismissing the good points and successful areas of the park.

So please, continue expressing your opinion, but please do so without resorting to calling the OP or any other poster a sucker for expressing theirs, no matter how vaguely you do so.

Comment

They should make this a sticky along with the "How long is Nemo's line" thread and the "Bring back PM" thread since they come up so often.
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

This board is not "everyone." You should take your question to the streets.

Comment

If DCA was a stand alone park in another city, would it warrant the cost to enter? I think not, and that's why I don't like DCA. I feel as though Eisner and company tried to manipulate the public's faith in the Disney name on a sub-standard park.
              Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

But does anyone still Love DCA? Personally I don't Like Toy Story Mania or The New show at DCA and I think tht is what's screwing it up.......Just my opinion......
                :lol:SkItTlEs:lol:

Comment

I love DCA.

However you don't know anything about TSM yet, so you should reserve your opinion for when the attraction actually opens.

Comment

Originally posted by SkittlesMcGee943 View Post
                    But does anyone still Love DCA? Personally I don't Like Toy Story Mania or The New show at DCA and I think tht is what's screwing it up.......Just my opinion......

I'd hate to think you don't like Toy Story Mania. How many times have you ridden it?

Comment

I actually enjoy the park. The positives are definitely it's not really crowded and it has some nice restaurants to eat at which are more affordable for what they offer.

But I suppose the negatives do outweight the positives. Not enough interesting rides, and honestly the park layout is ridiculous. It feels like it takes FOREVER to make it to paradise pier, and back again to the entrance without it feeling like it took an hour.

Comment

I love DCA !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                          I love DCA !!!!!

:yea:
                          Har har har

Comment

Hate is WAY too strong of a word. Disappointed is a better word. We all want it to improve though. Those of us who love it and others who are disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                              Hate is WAY too strong of a word. Disappointed is a better word. We all want it to improve though. Those of us who love it and others who are disappointed.

Ok, I totally agree. I just think the park seems a little "dirty" because of TSM and stuff like that. If you know what I mean.......And you all arew right about what I said about TSM. I guess I will just have to wait and see!!!!!!!

Comment

How did you ride Toy Story Mania? did they build a secret testing one?
                                Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                                  How did you ride Toy Story Mania? did they build a secret testing one?
                                  No I meant to say I don't like the way it is looking so far... Sorry!

Comment

No I meant to say I don't like the way it is looking so far... Sorry!
                                    You mean a construction site? Are you familiar with Victorian seaside designs?

Comment

Ummmm ya I guess.......

Comment

Ummmm ya I guess.......
                                        You guess what? That the Toy Story Mania! site looks like construction or that you are familiar with Victorian seaside design?

Comment

both and only a little too.....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X