Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Once again)Why does everyone not like DCA???

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrouchyRob
    replied
    Re: (Once again)Why does everyone not like DCA???

Beer = Good.
    DCA serve beer.
    GR like beer.
    DCA = Good.

Leave a comment:

• MikeChat
    replied

Originally posted by sediment
    This board is not "everyone." You should take your question to the streets.

That's a Doobie Brothers song, isn't it?

I like DCA indirectly because it siphons traffic away from Disneyland. Before DCA was built, the lines at Disneyland were an hour or more. Granted the last time I went to Disneyland before DCA was in 1990 but I remember Disneyland being super crowded.

But, people who are from out of state and want to satisfy their curiosity will go and spend time at DCA, maybe an entire day there. Having DCA is like adding lanes to a busy freeway

Leave a comment:

• GrouchyRob
    replied

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    I think you mean Will Rogers.
    Shhh! Don't tell Dale Evans.

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    No GR was right. HE went in to get a burger and fries without any expectations. Witness the proof!
    Tried to get that one through hoping someone would ask who the hell Roy Rogers was but it flopped like aashee on his couch after a twelver.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    No GR was right. HE went in to get a burger and fries without any expectations. Witness the proof!

Leave a comment:

• BlueSkyDriveBy
    replied

Originally posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    Agreed. I'm a Roy Rogers kind of guy, never go into a situation with a preconceived bias.

Leave a comment:

• GrouchyRob
    replied

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    So then judging the design of Toy Story Mania! before its completion seems a little premature.
    Agreed. I'm a Roy Rogers kind of guy, never go into a situation with a preconceived bias.

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Originally posted by SkittlesMcGee943 View Post
    both and only a little too.....
    So then judging the design of Toy Story Mania! before its completion seems a little premature.

Leave a comment:

• RenMan
    replied

I haven't read through this thread, nor have I read the litter-box version, but I'll offer my reasons.

I don't hate DCA, but I'm disappointed with it because they violated principles that make Disney a great company and Disneyland a unique park.
    • Instead of being the creative, proactive leaders they should be, they reacted to other local entertainment offerings like Knott's and Universal and tried to muscle in on their territory
    • Instead of designing unique rides, they took off-the-shelf rides and put a thin Disney veneer on them.
    • They failed to find strong themes for the new park or create immersive environments.
    • The Paradise Pier section is the veritable antithesis of Disneyland. It is the very thing that Walt Disney was reacting against when he built Disneyland, with the only exception being that it's cleaner than the carnies Disney had in mind. Otherwise, it is unimaginative and divides families.
    • it was built on the cheap, assuming that we'd flock to anything with the Disney name on it.
    DCA has potential as a counter-part to DL. I'm looking forward to the day soon when it will live up to that.

Leave a comment:

• SkittlesMcGee943
    replied

both and only a little too.....

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Ummmm ya I guess.......
    You guess what? That the Toy Story Mania! site looks like construction or that you are familiar with Victorian seaside design?

Leave a comment:

• SkittlesMcGee943
    replied

Ummmm ya I guess.......

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

No I meant to say I don't like the way it is looking so far... Sorry!
    You mean a construction site? Are you familiar with Victorian seaside designs?

Leave a comment:

• SkittlesMcGee943
    replied

Originally posted by garbear View Post
    How did you ride Toy Story Mania? did they build a secret testing one?
    No I meant to say I don't like the way it is looking so far... Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• garbear
    replied

But does anyone still Love DCA? Personally I don't Like Toy Story Mania or The New show at DCA and I think tht is what's screwing it up.......Just my opinion......

How did you ride Toy Story Mania? did they build a secret testing one?

Leave a comment:

• SkittlesMcGee943
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    Hate is WAY too strong of a word. Disappointed is a better word. We all want it to improve though. Those of us who love it and others who are disappointed.

Ok, I totally agree. I just think the park seems a little "dirty" because of TSM and stuff like that. If you know what I mean.......And you all arew right about what I said about TSM. I guess I will just have to wait and see!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Hate is WAY too strong of a word. Disappointed is a better word. We all want it to improve though. Those of us who love it and others who are disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• garbear
    replied

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I love DCA !!!!!

:yea:

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

But does anyone still Love DCA? Personally I don't Like Toy Story Mania or The New show at DCA and I think tht is what's screwing it up.......Just my opinion......
    I love DCA !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mikemgmve
    replied

I actually enjoy the park. The positives are definitely it's not really crowded and it has some nice restaurants to eat at which are more affordable for what they offer.

But I suppose the negatives do outweight the positives. Not enough interesting rides, and honestly the park layout is ridiculous. It feels like it takes FOREVER to make it to paradise pier, and back again to the entrance without it feeling like it took an hour.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

I'd hate to think you don't like Toy Story Mania. How many times have you ridden it?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X