Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Restaurant to Celebrate a Birthday?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate a Birthday?

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm torn between Storyteller's and Goofy's Kitchen now... I really want to do character dining, but I've heard of that Kitchen Sink dessert, and it's tempting me. Haha.

I went to Ariel's Grotto last year for my 16th birthday, and it looks like the princesses like to spend more quality time with the younger ones... And we just happened to go on the only day my favorite princess (Snow White) wasn't making rounds. )= It was a good experience, but I wouldn't go back unless a younger cousin was with me.

Comment

Originally posted by bluejake01 View Post
      A full meal will run you about $50 per person out the door at the Blue Bayou.
      me and my wife Ate there on Friday and was out the door $60 minus tip and thats including the optional $12 we spent on the drinks.....

you can eat there as a couple for around $50 minus tip
      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
        me and my wife Ate there on Friday and was out the door $60 minus tip and thats including the optional $12 we spent on the drinks.....

you can eat there as a couple for around $50 minus tip
        Did you have appetizers and desserts?

That is what I mean by full meal.

Let's say you split the cheapest appetizer, then both have the cheapest lunch item, and each get a dessert, plus beverages.

10.00 appetizer
        +19.00 entree
        +19.00 entree
        +8.00 dessert
        +8.00 dessert
        +12.00 beverages

Now add tax and a MINIMUM 15% gratuity unless you recieved horrible service or are cheap. You would be right at around the 95 dollar mark out the door for two people for a full meal which is what I said (about 50 per person out the door). That example uses the cheapest menu options during lunch. The Gulf Stream Jumbo Shrimp, the Monte Cristo (which I have never been impressed with) and either the Trio of Creme Brulee or the Key Lime pie. The prices for the entree can go all the way up to about 40.00 at dinner. That would change the total per person by around 20 bucks.

When you add all the extras that I think make a full, celebratory meal, and complete the experience, the Blue Bayou is very pricey. Can you eat there for less than 50 per person out the door? Yes, but you won't be getting the full meal, which is what my point was.
        Last edited by bluejake01; 10-14-2007, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Not to sound like I total idiot.. but where is this Storytellers you all speak of?

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
            Not to sound like I total idiot.. but where is this Storytellers you all speak of?
            It is in the Grand Californian Hotel.

(There are no stupid questions here )

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
              It is in the Grand Californian Hotel.

(There are no stupid questions here )
              Hee hee.. thanks!

What makes Storytellers so recommendible (sp?)

Do they tell stories?

I've never been to Goofy's Kitchen.. and would love to go someday for my birthday.. which will be next year.. and I'll be 28.. haha.. but I think it' would be a fun experience no matter what age.

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X