Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Restaurant to Celebrate a Birthday?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giddy4Aladdin
    replied
    Re: Best Restaurant to Celebrate a Birthday?

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    It is in the Grand Californian Hotel.

(There are no stupid questions here )
    Hee hee.. thanks!

What makes Storytellers so recommendible (sp?)

Do they tell stories?

I've never been to Goofy's Kitchen.. and would love to go someday for my birthday.. which will be next year.. and I'll be 28.. haha.. but I think it' would be a fun experience no matter what age.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
    Not to sound like I total idiot.. but where is this Storytellers you all speak of?
    It is in the Grand Californian Hotel.

(There are no stupid questions here )

Leave a comment:

• Giddy4Aladdin
    replied

Not to sound like I total idiot.. but where is this Storytellers you all speak of?

Leave a comment:

• bluejake01
    replied

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
    me and my wife Ate there on Friday and was out the door $60 minus tip and thats including the optional $12 we spent on the drinks.....

you can eat there as a couple for around $50 minus tip
    Did you have appetizers and desserts?

That is what I mean by full meal.

Let's say you split the cheapest appetizer, then both have the cheapest lunch item, and each get a dessert, plus beverages.

10.00 appetizer
    +19.00 entree
    +19.00 entree
    +8.00 dessert
    +8.00 dessert
    +12.00 beverages

Now add tax and a MINIMUM 15% gratuity unless you recieved horrible service or are cheap. You would be right at around the 95 dollar mark out the door for two people for a full meal which is what I said (about 50 per person out the door). That example uses the cheapest menu options during lunch. The Gulf Stream Jumbo Shrimp, the Monte Cristo (which I have never been impressed with) and either the Trio of Creme Brulee or the Key Lime pie. The prices for the entree can go all the way up to about 40.00 at dinner. That would change the total per person by around 20 bucks.

When you add all the extras that I think make a full, celebratory meal, and complete the experience, the Blue Bayou is very pricey. Can you eat there for less than 50 per person out the door? Yes, but you won't be getting the full meal, which is what my point was.
    Last edited by bluejake01; 10-14-2007, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Junthor
    replied

Originally posted by bluejake01 View Post
    A full meal will run you about $50 per person out the door at the Blue Bayou.
    me and my wife Ate there on Friday and was out the door $60 minus tip and thats including the optional $12 we spent on the drinks.....

you can eat there as a couple for around $50 minus tip

Leave a comment:

• OhOhSheila
    replied

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm torn between Storyteller's and Goofy's Kitchen now... I really want to do character dining, but I've heard of that Kitchen Sink dessert, and it's tempting me. Haha.

I went to Ariel's Grotto last year for my 16th birthday, and it looks like the princesses like to spend more quality time with the younger ones... And we just happened to go on the only day my favorite princess (Snow White) wasn't making rounds. )= It was a good experience, but I wouldn't go back unless a younger cousin was with me.

Leave a comment:

• PretzelSouls1
    replied

I vote for the Storyteller's Cafe

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I had a great birthday dinner at the PCH Grill. They even gave me a birthday button. We ordered off the menu. They have a great variety of food.. They even have a Kitchen Sink concoction for dessert, if your into that sort of thing, and you have enough people there to help you finish it.We did it with a party of 8. No characters at dinner.

Leave a comment:

• duckiedianne
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I like Storytellers. It's a fun environment and good food.
    I went there for my 25th birthday and had an awesome time!

Leave a comment:

• KDR
    replied

Originally posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Not sure about the other MC members, but I prefer to hold my birthdays at club 33.
    Right there with ya on that one!

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Not sure about the other MC members, but I prefer to hold my birthdays at club 33.
    Sure. Rub it in. )

I'd think Storytellers would be best.

Leave a comment:

• BoygunaSurf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• napamaninsocal
    replied

Goofy's kitchen!

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

I'm with Storyteller's and this is also from experience. They have the space, they have the variety in food, and they have the service. It's a comfortable restaurant too with its own set of restrooms with fancy paper towels. Me like.

Leave a comment:

• pineapplewhipaddict
    replied

Originally posted by ceecee D View Post
    When my daughter turned 14 we took her and her friends to Goofy's Kitchen and they had a blast. When she turned 15 we did Storytellers and they had fun there too. For her 16th she wants Napa Rose!! I told her if she can choose ONE friend, I'll take the 2 of them, but thats it. I'm not taking eight 16 year olds to Napa Rose, dream on....
    Wow, what a cool parent

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

Storytellers or Cafe Orleans would be my votes

Leave a comment:

• IMAGINE
    replied

I would say Goofys Kitchen as well...especially if your friends are as loud and fun as mine are...definietly the kitchen....

Leave a comment:

• ceecee D
    replied

When my daughter turned 14 we took her and her friends to Goofy's Kitchen and they had a blast. When she turned 15 we did Storytellers and they had fun there too. For her 16th she wants Napa Rose!! I told her if she can choose ONE friend, I'll take the 2 of them, but thats it. I'm not taking eight 16 year olds to Napa Rose, dream on....

Leave a comment:

• bluejake01
    replied

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Ariel's Grotto is actually probably more expensive that BB. Its a flat fee by age so over 9 years old is $27.99 I believe plus tax and tip, so unless you love princesses probably not worth it (and I was just there yesterday). If you want something fun with character interaction, maybe Goofys kitchen at the hotel. Its still not cheap, but is totally fun and having fun and being loud is almost encouraged.
    A full meal will run you about $50 per person out the door at the Blue Bayou.

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

I think for a 17 year old, Goofy's Kitchen would be much more fun than the Blue Bayou. The BB is dark, semi-quiet or subdued, and expensive. Goofy's is pretty much the opposite.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X