This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Impatient

Have a great time! Be sure to keep an eye out for the hidden treasutres in the park! Examples are the Snow White Well, and the lost Mine Train Thru Natures Wonderland locomotive along the Rivers of America. (it rests by the remains of Cascade Peak, and its painted up to look generations old)

And how wierd, I wore a jacket like the girl in your avy (who I assume is you?) when I went to Magic Kingdom in April! I got a pic of me when I was by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Originally posted by pussnboots
    Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

Comment

Have a good time!!!
      Burnt Toast
      The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by lil lisa View Post
        Since I bought our airfare in June, our trip has changed half a dozen times. The dates have remained the same, but the flight times were "adjusted" numerous times by Travelocity (to our benefit), hotels booked and cancelled 4 times (budget, budget, budget), packages planned and changed. It's exhausting, trying to plan a quality vacation for 5 on a budget.

But I think I've done it.

Now we're two weeks away. Two weeks. In a mere 360 hours I will be within the walls of the Happiest Place on Earth! The dream of the little girl in my avatar is coming true 30 years later. She's nearly back. And the dream is all the more special, sweeter, because I get to share that dream with those I love most, my husband and our three children.

We were booked at the Fairfield Inn with a 3 day Parkhopper package. Then optimistically I switched us to the Disneyland Hotel. Medical bills piled up and I switched us back to the Fairfield. Then my daughter, who works 1 day a week at the local Hampton Inn was able to get us a $29 rate at a new Hampton 6 miles from Disneyland. How can you beat that- and with a full spread breakfast buffet to boot?

To rent a car or not rent a car- that was our question? We live in a town that doesn't even have a stop sign, much less a traffic light. Did we really want to tackle California traffic? Not really. At the Fairfield we could walk to the park. At the Disneyland Hotel we could walk. We booked the Disneyland Express bus to run us to and from the airport to the hotels. But how to get to the ocean- which we were determined we would see? Taxi's are expensive, but we were convinced that it was worth the price NOT to drive. But when we switched from the Fairfield to the Hampton, we had to cancel everything at the travel agency and start all over again. (except the airfare, which we booked independantly for a song). Even with penalties, we were saving a huge amount of money. We were forced to admit driving was now a requirement. So the car rental was booked, and we were comforted by the hotel and transportation savings. The budget always is there, always cautioning me. Splurge on the good stuff, save where you can.

As I said, our flights were changed and changed again. Next thing I knew, instead of getting into LAX on Saturday night, we were able to arrive Saturday morning, in essence, providing us with another day of fun. What to do, what to do? We'd saved so much money on hotel and transportation, that we decided to splurge and spend a day at Sea World in San Diego with some quality time at the ocean on the way there. What a coup! Three days at Disneyland, a night at Mickey's Halloween Treat, time at the ocean, and Sea World too? Can we say dream come true and bigger than ever imagined?

The costumes have been chosen. The e-tickets printed out, with a second set printed and enveloped in case of emergency. Hotel, car and airfare- check! Free breakfast- check! Disneyland shopping cards loaded up and ready to go for food and souvenir purchaces- check! Maps and directions- check! Ride-Max downloaded and a variety of itineraries printed out and ready to go- check! Trip itinerary/schedules made up for kids and ready to print- almost done! New, serious-amature, digital camera/movie camera ready to document the trip- check! Animals scheduled for their trip to the "doggie spa"- check! (Shhhhh, we try not to say the word, kennel, if we don't have to) Teachers notified of the upcoming absence of K, T and J with homework and extra credit trip projects being organized as we speak- check! All papers, documents and miscellaneous trip stuff organized and lovingly placed within the specially bought purple organizer folder book with elastic closure- check!

What's left?

Some kids never grow up. They just become more eager.

Two weeks, friends!

Is there really a town out there that doesn't have a stop sign? I have traveled across the country many times and have seen towns with a population of 45, but they still had stop signs. Please, I would love to know if this REALLY exists, or if that was a little stretch?
        Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Ya know what, BoygunaSurf? I'll have to really pay attention next time I'm out and about. I've probably exaggerated the lack of stop signs part because our town lies in the armpit between two intersecting country highways. There would have to be a few stop signs at the highway exits, as well as at the train tracks just outside of town. So while I'm pretty certain there are no stop signs in the main part of town itself, there are probably a few on the outskirts that border the highways. I can swear certain about the absence of traffic lights though! ;-)

Thanks everyone for the great wishes and suggestions! I can't believe it! Two weeks from this moment I'll be THERE!

SnowflakeSparks, yes, that is me and my brother in the avatar! We only spent about half a day at Disneyland when we were kids, but boy do we remember those few hours fondly! Thanks to the great people here at MiceChat, we figured out we were posing with Prince John from Robin Hood. For the last nearly 30 years, we've not known who our character was! When we were growing up, you had to see the Disney movies in the theaters, and we missed that one. I bought most of the Disney movies on tape for my kids, but of course, Robin Hood was one of the very few I didn't buy. It's on the list now!

Karla, as always, you are THE BEST! We aren't flip flop wearers, but we'll definitely bring extra socks and extra shoes if we can, and get the other things you recommended as well. For Joey, we'll have a spare set of clothes handy because he can't stand to have his clothes wet! Rain gear? Yikes! I don't know that we have any! Joey has a raincoat, which we'll bring along. How much are rain ponchos? Can I get those at WalMart?

Imagine- yes! I really want to see the show. Can ya really help us out with great seats? There are 5 of us... I don't want to put anybody out, but if it's no trouble, yes, yes, YES, please and THANK YOU!

Comment

Lisa, I went to walmart and got the best rain poncho's there. I was so happy I did. they are thick and long, the ones in the park are short and your legs get wet, but again if you bring extra cloths you can change.

I would sugest you bring an extra pair of shoes and socks, really the water rides soaked my feet every time,( I learned to put my shoes in my back pack and put on flip flops for the ride) making it very uncomfortable all day. and cold in the evening.
            Of course it will be warm there, so maybe they will dry, when I went in the spring they never did :lol:
            I took my poncho's every day in my pack, and the dollar store has them, so I am going to go tomorrow and get you some. look for them to be there by thursday. there pretty thin, only the size of a wallet, you all can carry them in your packs. Believe me, if it rains you will be very happy you have them. I want your trip to be covered :lol:
            If I think of anything else I will let you know :lol:

Comment

Ok depending on your medium of camera. PLEASE make sure you have extra film, an extra mem card, and most important EXTRA BATTERIES, if they are not the rechargeable kind. You really do not want to run out of film, have to chose between memorable pictures because a card is full, or run out of power in the middle of a day. There is a Walmart near the park (I-5 and Euclid) if you need to stock up while there and would rather avoid the expense of the resort district.
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Am I reading this right? Did you say it's been 30 years since you've been to Disneyland?

Comment

Nit of a sidebar since My family and I just got back. If you are planning on hitting up SeaWorld, then I would also recommend the San Diego Zoo. While the L.A. Zoo is cheaper, it pales in comparison to the San Diego Zoo. Depending on how much time you have and what you budget is I would actually recommend San Diego Wild Animal Park... along with the Giraffe feeding tour. It's pricey but how often do you have the experience of feeding a Giraffe?

Back on topic to Disneyland... BRING WATER... LOTS OF WATER... and comfy shoes. People tend to complain about sore feet by day 2 or 3.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X