Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a negative experience at gay days?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a negative experience at gay days?

I was just wondering.

I was listening to the radio, Kevin and Bean (here in so cal), and they're relatively homo-friendly, and one of their guys went, in an Angels jersey.. and then slowly realized it was gay days, so they were teasing him.

But then one caller who had attended said she went, and her boyfriend is super homophobic, when he realized what was going on, she said he was being rude and loud and calling people derogatory names, etc. She was embarrassed because she has no problem whatsoever.

It's a shame this type of behavior still happens - I did enjoy that the DJ's told the calller that that type of behavior is a red flag, and that she should dump him immediately, LOL.

So did anyone else notice any excessively rude people? (i'm sad I didn't get to go this year - didn't have time with my sisters wedding coming up)

Re: Anyone have a negative experience at gay days?

I had a blast and didn't come across anything/anybody that would spoil my day.

Comment

Well, it is a cardinal sin.

Wearing all that red, I mean.

Comment

Roflmao!

Comment

I was standing in front of the Mickey floral as a HUGE group of MiceChatters in red shirts were coming out of the left tunnel. (I was waiting for them.) This lady in front of me shouts, quite loudly if I may say, "Oh my god! There's a whole group of them!"

My husband and I looked at each other and started laughing hysterically.

She clearly didn't realize how loud she was speaking, and the fact she clearly didn't think before speaking made it more comical as opposed to aggravating.
          "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
          "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
            I was standing in front of the Mickey floral as a HUGE group of MiceChatters in red shirts were coming out of the left tunnel. (I was waiting for them.) This lady in front of me shouts, quite loudly if I may say, "Oh my god! There's a whole group of them!"

My husband and I looked at each other and started laughing hysterically.

She clearly didn't realize how loud she was speaking, and the fact she clearly didn't think before speaking made it more comical as opposed to aggravating.
            Well, in all fairness they do seem like a pretty dangerous and scary group when they're on the march.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
              Well, in all fairness they do seem like a pretty dangerous and scary group when they're on the march.
              And we're talking about micechatters, not gays, right?

Comment

Anyone or anything on the march is scary.

Comment

I was talking to a fellow Micechatter -- I forget who -- who told me that they saw a woman with a little toddler who just happened to be wearing a red shirt. This MC'er told me they heard this woman tell her child, "We are going to the nearest souvenir shop and buying you a different colored shirt!"

Comment

^ Thats sad. I wish I could have gone last weekend, but didn't wanna deal with the crowds. I support homosexuality 100% though! :vogue:

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      I was talking to a fellow Micechatter -- I forget who -- who told me that they saw a woman with a little toddler who just happened to be wearing a red shirt. This MC'er told me they heard this woman tell her child, "We are going to the nearest souvenir shop and buying you a different colored shirt!"
                      Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                      LOL :lol: That is freakin' hilarious!!

Comment

"Gay Days creates overspending of non-red shirts" -- Disneyland spokesperson.

I had a soccer coach complain about some of the calls I made on Gay Days, but that was 70 miles from Disneyland.

Comment

I heard some but not too bad. One guy was yelling at the top of his lungs for no reason. During the flag lowering ceremony a lady in a wheelchair went through our crowd saying "There is no freedom in America!" I just found it funny because it was said in Disneyland of all places and I'm sure people aren't really thinking about that.
                          -Jack :geek:
                          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Except for the long lines at the Cove Bar and the Hearthstone Lodge, I did not experience any problems - but I did have a lot of fun!

Comment

I wore red and was not accosted. The Red Sox had already used and abused me.

Comment

I remember walking in Adventureland behind Tigs and Roo (who were holding hands). Some idiotic guy in a wife-beater was saying (after they walked by of course) that it was disgusting, etc.

I SO wanted to stop him and say what's the problem if two people who love each other wanted to hold hands. I thought better of it knowing that you can't convince people like that of anything.

Comment

Ehh...I was kinda freaked out about it... It was kinda gross really...but I didn't say anything out loud...I definately won't go to DL during the Gay Day weekend ever again. I saw someone wear really.....disgusting pants....and it was a guy...
                                  Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                                  www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                    I remember walking in Adventureland behind Tigs and Roo (who were holding hands). Some idiotic guy in a wife-beater was saying (after they walked by of course) that it was disgusting, etc.

I SO wanted to stop him and say what's the problem if two people who love each other wanted to hold hands. I thought better of it knowing that you can't convince people like that of anything.
                                    Yeah, it's funny - Disneyland is one of the few places I feel safe enough, despite what day it is, to hold my boyfriends hand and walk around. Sure you'll still get looks, and probably muffled snide remarks, but there's just more of a 'safe' feeling the park gives me. It's a shame people still feel like they need to have a problem with homosexuality, I don't know why it's so hard to understand it's not a choice. I think it's just insecurity in themselves though.

But I agree with BCC - some of the clothing there... NOW those are choices that should be controlled!!!! (altho that goes for people from all walks of life at Disneyland on any given day!)

Comment

I did not go this year, but I happened to schedule my trip last year during gay days without realizing it. Quite honestly my biggest complaint was that there were so many cute guys and none of them were attracted to me! Other than that I had a great time, they were so funny. We went to Soarin' and you could tell one of the CM's was gay and OMG was he having a good time! At another point we were walking around DCA and I overheard this guy talking on his phone and he said "I'm not talking about one or two... I'm talking about thousands" I just busted out laughing right then and there. He didn't sound grossed out or upset, it was just like he was trying to explain his experience to whoever was on the phone. Overall it was a great time.
                                      Christina

Comment

Originally posted by BCC View Post
                                        Ehh...I was kinda freaked out about it... It was kinda gross really...but I didn't say anything out loud...I definately won't go to DL during the Gay Day weekend ever again. I saw someone wear really.....disgusting pants....and it was a guy...
                                        The other Guests at Disneyland that day discussed you as well, and everyone agreed that you should probably skip the event next year...
                                        "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X