Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a negative experience at gay days?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anyone have a negative experience at gay days?

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
    I know that I've not had a problem when straight women hit on me. Flattery is flattery dangnabit and you gotta grab it by the horns when it races by!

Peace out!
    Roo
    exactly, if someone finds you attractive, no matter who it is, it's still flattering to be hit on.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

I saw a woman buying a black tshirt for her son, who was wearing a red shirt. He was probably in his late teens. She looked a bit tense about it too. I felt kinda bad for the kid. I imagined that he was aware of Gay Days, but she wasn't until they got there and once she figured it out, off went the red shirt! I did manage to flirt with a gay woman, so I hope she wasn't freaked out by a straight woman flirting with her!
      I want my cake back!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squishiebear View Post
        Thanks Susie...who knew I could wear pink...
        Being a parent myself, I guess my style was a bit different. My kids probably wouldn't have asked that question in the first place as I (and their mother) never assigned gender roles to any activity or garments...just a choice we made early on. Maybe that's why my kids were so accepting of my coming out...I will say that the mom didn't act disgusted or annoyed..
        I dunno...we don't do the "girl's stuff vs boy's stuff" with DS, but he has decided on his own that some things are for boys and other things are for girls! He doesn't go to daycare, nor do we do the playdate thing, so it's like he picked it up in a vacuum. Surprising.

DS might say something like the child you heard. I probably would have said something more along the lines of "yes, the hat is pink, and yes, you probably see more girls wearing pink than you see boys wearing pink"....but by that time he would have tuned out and any "lesson" would be lost, so that mom was probably smart to keep it SHORT.

editing to add to "he has decided on his own that some things are for boys and other things are for girls". DS (3 years old) is a bit fluid on what he "is" from time to time, so the definition ends up being a bit fluid, too.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
          My bad experience was getting there too late to do the quest. If that was my worst problem it was a darn good day at Disneyland.
          And I thought you were more upset about the guys at the cove bar not buying you a drink!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            And I thought you were more upset about the guys at the cove bar not buying you a drink!
            Now I know from this thread, if the girls don't like you what makes you think the guys will.

Comment

Originally posted by missmonkey View Post
              ...Why do the ugliest people assume that everyone is so hot for them? No, Ugly Little Man, no one wants you. I guarantee it... "Excuse me, gentlemen! This guest is afraid to wander into a bathroom with all of you around. Does this guy make you hot?" The imagined "Hell, no!" rang in my ears and made me laugh for the rest of the day.
              Oh yes. Run into those kind everywhere...the kind that make you want to say "yes, dear. Why don't we go to your home under the bridge and make beautiful music until those damn billy goats come tramping over the bridge."

Some friends we met up with brought one such troll with them...he not only thought we were hot for him, he also thought he was a Disney expert...and was truly clueless on BOTH fronts...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X