This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Hours (from the past)

I recall when I was younger the park used to stay open 'til 1am on weekends during the summer. Why did they ever cut the hours? I miss those days of trying to squeeze in as many rides as I could after midnight.

Re: Park Hours (from the past)

me too. I also remember a cute little closing recorded message from Mickey and Donald, and donald falls asleep or something.....

OR perhaps I'm remembering things that never exsisted... I've done that before.... anyone else cars filled with hula hoops at Disneyland? my family thinks I just made it up.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

No need to keep the Park open late anymore...........they already have your money up front with the PAP(pay one price) admission........

Before the PAP, keeping the Park open later took in more money as each attraction "earned" money back then--- :blink:
      Last edited by sleepyjeff; 07-14-2005, 09:36 PM.
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

ah, yes! The good old days.

I remember when I was young, we had to walk 15 miles to Disneyland in 10 feet of snow and it was up hill both ways. They had to keep it open until 1am because it would take us almost that long just to get there!

You kids today have it good with your gas powered horseless motor cars and your Space Mountain. All we had was a rubber headded mouse and a castle made out of mashed potatos.

And we liked it that way!
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

The cute closing message was definitely there; it's on the Musical History of Disneyland album. I wish the whole park was open late instead of just Main Street. Of course, I went in October on a weekday and they closed at eight. It was somewhat depressing. Compared to that, midnight makes me quite happy

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

I too remember the park closing at one a.m. and the recordings. I also remember that the park used to be open form 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the week in the off season. That was a bit depressing. I was just getting dark and you had to leave.
            Cheers,

John

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
              ah, yes! The good old days.

I remember when I was young, we had to walk 15 miles to Disneyland in 10 feet of snow and it was up hill both ways. They had to keep it open until 1am because it would take us almost that long just to get there!

You kids today have it good with your gas powered horseless motor cars and your Space Mountain. All we had was a rubber headded mouse and a castle made out of mashed potatos.

And we liked it that way!
              We didn't have shoes back then, so we hopped from rock to rock to keep our tootsies from freezing. Also, we ate dirt. We couldn't afford iron pills either.
              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Night is the best time to see Disneyland. I wish that they had longer night hours now. They did have those Midnight closings. It was great. Kids were gone, it is perfect for teens!

They will never do that again, because it is against their interests. The longer the park is open, the more it costs to run.
                Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Originally posted by Hecubus
                  I too remember the park closing at one a.m. and the recordings. I also remember that the park used to be open form 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the week in the off season. That was a bit depressing. I was just getting dark and you had to leave.

worse was whan they were closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays :thumbdown

Comment

Compared to WDW's sad summer hours, I'm actually happy w/ DL's 8 am to 12 am hours. DCA, on the other hand, needs to be open 10 am to 1 am. Let people enjoy it when it shines, at night.
                    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

I may be remembering this wrong, but I seem to recall as a kid (late 60's/early 70's) that DL was open in the day, closed in the afternoon (for an hour or two), and then re-opened at night. You could buy separate tickets for either day or night. Am I off the deep end here?

Comment

No, they didn't close in the middle.

HOWEVER: Disney does sell twilight tickets, they just started recently. But you have to go to a Disney desk in a hotel near the convention center to buy them.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                          No, they didn't close in the middle.

HOWEVER: Disney does sell twilight tickets, they just started recently. But you have to go to a Disney desk in a hotel near the convention center to buy them.
                          Maybe that's what it was. Did they sell those back in the time frame I am remembering? It seems that it was open until 1AM when we did that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X