Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Mermaid ride speculation (Merged threads)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Mermaid ride speculation (Merged threads)

Do you think the Little Mermaid ride thats coming to DCA will be the attraction Tony Baxter designed just more modernized with sophisticated Audio animatronics and special effects? Will it be the exact same as the one shown on the DVD? or will Disney go the cheap route and essentially just clone the Nemo ride from Epcot Center but with Little Mermaid projections instead of nemo and maybe a few static figures??

Im hoping for the former but Al Lutz keeps calling it an omnimover ride and I don't think the Tony Baxter version is considered an omnimover (its based off the peter pan ride system)

Re: Little Mermaid ride speculation

I think it will be just dandy.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Diznyfan View Post
      I think it will be just dandy.
      WHAT will be just dandy?

Comment

I think Tony will go in the omnimover route as in WDW but not the projection system. If anything I would think there would be alot of Audio-Animatronics seeing how it be easier to install instead of numerous water tanks. I have big hopes for this ride, as does my girlfriend seeing how shes the Little Mermaid Nut...
        You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Well, the ride could still end up like what was shown on the DVD and still be an omnimover system. The clamshells that were used in the ride video reminded me of doombuggies anyway, just inverted.

Comment

Im sure they will use aspects from the DVD version if not at least study what could be used from it...
            You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket Jet View Post
              Well, the ride could still end up like what was shown on the DVD and still be an omnimover system. The clamshells that were used in the ride video reminded me of doombuggies anyway, just inverted.

Comment

I still think its odd where they are putting Little Mermaid. The ride should be in Fantasyland at the old Motorboat Cruise location.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                  Do you think the Little Mermaid ride thats coming to DCA will be the attraction Tony Baxter designed just more modernized with sophisticated Audio animatronics and special effects? Will it be the exact same as the one shown on the DVD? or will Disney go the cheap route and essentially just clone the Nemo ride from Epcot Center but with Little Mermaid projections instead of nemo and maybe a few static figures??

Im hoping for the former but Al Lutz keeps calling it an omnimover ride and I don't think the Tony Baxter version is considered an omnimover (its based off the peter pan ride system)
                  An omnimover setup is much MUCH more likely than a Peter Pan setup. We all love Peter Pan, buuuuutttt it has a huge problem. Evacs. Evacing Peter Pan requires manually setting up ladders and is a huge pain. Unless there are huge amounts of 'retractable walkways' installed, there is no future for that kind of ride.
                  I think an Epcot Nemo clone setup is most likely by far.
                  "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

well the mermaid ride will technically be within the new extended pier which will wrap around the bay

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                      I still think its odd where they are putting Little Mermaid. The ride should be in Fantasyland at the old Motorboat Cruise location.
                      Agreed. What does The Little Mermaid or even mermaids in general have to do with California? Then again, what do Monsters have to do with Hollywood or movie making?

My money is on Disney doing the most to accomplish three things: Increase ride capacity, Give the ride a gimmick that makes it unique, Save as much money as possible.
                      "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                      Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

The whole "what does it have to do with California" idea shouldn't have to be considered when it comes to new DCA attractions. Disney is dropping the California theme for a more "just another Disneyland" theme. Heck, they are even getting rid of the California letters out front.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb View Post
                          Then again, what do Monsters have to do with Hollywood or movie making?
                          Well, Monsters Inc. was created by a movie studio right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb View Post
                            Agreed. What does The Little Mermaid or even mermaids in general have to do with California? Then again, what do Monsters have to do with Hollywood or movie making?

My money is on Disney doing the most to accomplish three things: Increase ride capacity, Give the ride a gimmick that makes it unique, Save as much money as possible.

Not this again,

why is it so hard to understand that the parks land are being built to represent many aspects thru California history.

The pier being one. Within these land attraction get built that match the theming of that land.

If people looked at old pictures of many of the piers that lined california's coast tehy would realize that many of its attractions dealt with oddities and mythical creatures. Pictures of Mermaids and Zuess were very typical for environments that dealt with the theme of the sea in these amusement piers.

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
                              Pictures of Mermaids and Zuess were very typical for environments that dealt with the theme of the sea in these amusement piers.
                              So if TLM were being built where TSMM is currently under construction, then that would make sense. But it's going to border the San Francisco district at the far end of the pier, far enough away to not really mesh with the pier district's sea theme. Connection is tenuous at best.

And I think you mean Neptune/Poseidon, not Zeus.
                              "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

I AM COMPLETELY AGAINST THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE LITTLE MERMAID!! it would do well in paradise pier bc of the mythical/notical element but I just think there are better rides that WDI can use that were shelved.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                                  Well, Monsters Inc. was created by a movie studio right?
                                  Then absoltely ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN can be put in the Hollywood portion of the park since EVERYTHING has been made into a movie of some sort.

Comment

I don't know about Disneyland Paris, but WDW and Tokyo Disneyland's versions of Peter Pan are all based on the omnimover system that's inverted like the Disneyland version of Peter Pan, so it's still possible to have the version of the ride as seen in the DVD and be an omnimover at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                                      I don't know about Disneyland Paris, but WDW and Tokyo Disneyland's versions of Peter Pan are all based on the omnimover system that's inverted like the Disneyland version of Peter Pan, so it's still possible to have the version of the ride as seen in the DVD and be an omnimover at the same time.
                                      Disneyland's Peter Pan vehicle is NOT an omnimover type ride system. It consists of individual vehicles on an overhead track that are dispatched one at a time.

Comment

I hope it's a proper dark ride and not just projections. So much of Nemo just feels like watching a movie. I can watch the DVD at home. I want to see audio animatronics, not projections.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X