This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Your Favorite Disney Myth

I would probably go with the underground tunnel system.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
      Least favorite, but amazing people bring it up: Walt was a Nazi.
      This one is particularly annoying being that although there is some justification for people suspecting Walt could have been antisemitic, there is nothing connecting Walt to the Nazis, and never was.

The reason he gained the reputation of being anti semitic was that he was associated with an organization called The Motion Picture Alliance for the Preservation of American Ideals who were known to be anti semitic. Walt would have had to realize this, and yet allowed himself to be associated with them. This and his battles against the unions are why he gained a reputation he could not shake.

But there is no smoking gun quotation, no indication he said anything desparaging about any religion or ethnicity. So when Brian from "Family Guy" says "Walt Disney was an outspoken anti semite..." Garbage.
      Zoe Necrosis
      Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
        When Disneyland first opened it was powered by orphans who ran on tredmills. Today, those kids are the New York Yankees.
        It's very difficult to express just how hard and long I laughed at this one, you made my day lazy!!

I always liked the one, when I was a kid, that my Dad used to tell, that if you had long hair, they wouldn't let you in Dianeyland. And, this was before the Yippies "took over" TSI. Hence the reason we all had flattops in my family.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
          I hit my hands on thunder mountain. Heck, that one has its own thread!
          Ummm... not a myth... as a Thunder CM I can state that it is possible in a specific area and it hurts like HE!L when you do it! It also requires a taller individual and your butt isn't exactly touching the seat (half sit/stand but under lap bar). IF you are caught it could potentially be a manual E-Stop and shut the ride down/boot you from the park... but it is possible!
          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

The Golden Spike isnt the center of Disneyland? I could have sworn it was... My favorite Myth has got to be the Walts frozen under Pirates...people entertain me
            You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
              Ummm... not a myth... as a Thunder CM I can state that it is possible in a specific area and it hurts like HE!L when you do it! It also requires a taller individual and your butt isn't exactly touching the seat (half sit/stand but under lap bar). IF you are caught it could potentially be a manual E-Stop and shut the ride down/boot you from the park... but it is possible!
              Are you referring to the wooden inclined bridge that one passes under while bounding up a short hill?
              Zoe Necrosis
              Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

I once heard a lady tell me one time that Walt had it in his will when he died that Fantasyland couldn't change at all because Lillian loved it so much. I had to walk away without laughing while others that I was with had to correct her with the construction of Fantasyland 1983 where basically every attraction in Fantasyland was changed.
                -Jack :geek:
                Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by FREQDUDE View Post
                  It's very difficult to express just how hard and long I laughed at this one, you made my day lazy!!

I always liked the one, when I was a kid, that my Dad used to tell, that if you had long hair, they wouldn't let you in Dianeyland. And, this was before the Yippies "took over" TSI. Hence the reason we all had flattops in my family.
                  That isn't a myth...they didn't let long haired guests in when Disneyland opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
                    So when Brian from "Family Guy" says "Walt Disney was an outspoken anti semite..." Garbage.
                    Wait a minute, hold on. You mean an animated, cocktail sipping, talking Dog said something that isn't true? My world has been rocked. Who can I believe in this crazy world?

Comment

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
                      The Golden Spike isnt the center of Disneyland? I could have sworn it was... My favorite Myth has got to be the Walts frozen under Pirates...people entertain me
                      It was before Toontown and other areas were expanded/added.

Comment

In regards to the golden spike, it never was the center of the park. It is a survey marker, and there are many of them scattered throughout the park.

Comment

Originally posted by themarquisde View Post
                          Actually before Toontown it was even more off center.

Comment

Never was the center. Search a little bit and you will find many posts about this subject.
                            Last edited by chadb14; 10-15-2007, 12:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Sorry--it's just not true. I've posted the graphics here several times. If you search and can't find them, let me know and I'll try to post them again. Bluejake is correct: Before the park "grew taller" with the expansion of ToonTown, it was even more off-center. The addition of Toontown actually brought the spike a bit closer to the "center." But it's not there yet!

Comment

Walt Disney is frozen and placed under PotC.

That and the myth that the fold over at TDA have their own private helicopter garage.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                                HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                                ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                                FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

My favorite myth is that there is a theme park equivalent to Disneyland built in Disneyland's former parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                                    I love the Disney Jail one!

I almost forgot that one, that one just won't die.
                                    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Comment

I love the myth about the penis-shaped tower on the cover of The Little Mermaid VHS.

I also heard one in line for the Matterhorn a while ago. A dad was telling his kids that the PA speakers in Disneyland were specifically to broadcast a hum on the frequency of a dragonfly's wings in order to keep Disneyland insect-free. It was especially ironic that at that point a fly landed on my churro.
                                      The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy View Post
                                        I almost forgot that one, that one just won't die.

Ooh what is the actual myth on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Lokii View Post
                                          Ooh what is the actual myth on this one?
                                          That there's a jail backstage where they stick people who break the rules.
                                          The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X