This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Your Favorite Disney Myth

That the Matterhorn will sink if the sub lagoon is drained. (if so, Matterhorn has been rebuilt numerous times overnight) or if you drain RoA, BTMRR will tip over.

I dont want to know what they will say when they drain the bay at DCA, "The Maliboomer will fall over"

Comment

I like the one about a magical platform that holds musicians and rise out of nowhere into Tomorrowland...

Wait.... Wut?

:lol:

:mob:

So sorry, it's just that everyone stole my answers...
      Last edited by parkfreak; 10-14-2007, 07:50 PM. Reason: space
      I'm a lover, not a fighter...
      But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
        I love the Disney Jail one!
        Probably referring to the holding rooms in the Anaheim Substation located backstage.

Originally posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
        Are you referring to the wooden inclined bridge that one passes under while bounding up a short hill?
        No
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post

For the record: I believed the myth about Brigham Young's hearse for years, and for good reason - Disney perpetuated this myth as their official story. The packaging on the model version of the black hearse in front of WDW's Haunted Mansion states that the actual hearse in front of DL's Mansion is the same that carried Brigham Young to his grave. In actuality, Mormon tradition dictates that the deceased be brought to their grave by hand via pallbearers, and it is more likely this is how Young was borne to his grave. There is no record anywhere that a hearse of any kind was used.
          Mormon tradition says nothing about how a body can be transported. Brigham Young specified in his will that he wanted to be carried by pall bearers, not a hearse. It isn't a Mormon thing, just a Brigham Young thing.

Originally posted by techskip View Post
          Ummm... not a myth... as a Thunder CM I can state that it is possible in a specific area and it hurts like HE!L when you do it! It also requires a taller individual and your butt isn't exactly touching the seat (half sit/stand but under lap bar). IF you are caught it could potentially be a manual E-Stop and shut the ride down/boot you from the park... but it is possible!
          Okay, if you don't break the park rules, it's impossible to hit your hands. If you do break the park rules then it's possible to surf down the matterhorn.
          St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
            Okay, if you don't break the park rules, it's impossible to hit your hands. If you do break the park rules then it's possible to surf down the matterhorn.
            Bend... the trick is to bend the rules, not break them. I believe I PM'd you the location BTW.
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Bend... the trick is to bend the rules, not break them. I believe I PM'd you the location BTW.
              /nod
              St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

The Seven Dwarfs' personalities were based off seven stages of cocaine addiction.

So I heard.
                Yay, betrothal!:blush:

Comment

Dopey being the seventh? And Doc is when you seek medical treatment?
                  The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by Elle View Post
                    The Seven Dwarfs' personalities were based off seven stages of cocaine addiction.

So I heard.
                    LOL, :lol:, that I haven't heard, but it's hilarious!!

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                    Dopey being the seventh? And Doc is when you seek medical treatment?
                    Hahaha, nice........

Probably referring to the holding rooms in the Anaheim Substation located backstage.
                    I think I heard it being underground with all the tunnels and shops.

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls1 View Post
                      I like the myth that the Lost-Kid's Center at Disneyland takes the kids and kills them just to use their bones as special effects in the Haunted Mansion.

*Hehe*
                      I always understood that they were dipped in plastic and then had their feet nailed down in Its a Small World.

My favourite myth:
                      A guest's head was severed by standing up on Space Mountain

This Disney urban legend has been around for quite some years now. However, it does have some basis in fact. When Disney Imagineers were testing Space Mountain they had a test dummy standing up on the ride. As a result of this the test dummy's head was severed from it's body.
                      Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

The joke between CMs is that the ROA has so many chemicals and bacteria that if you "fall" into the river that you need a Tetnus shot! LOL, :lol:

Or, I think I mention it somewhere on the board, but the reason why Walt Disney wanted to do the two finger point is because if he pointed with one finger, his cigerette would fall out, hahaha!!

Comment

the fastpass system is beneficial to everyone

Comment

That it "All Started With A Mouse".

Alice?! Oswald?!
                            IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

My sister-in-law who worked at the French Market in the early 80s told me that the wrought iron on the second floor of the Haunted Mansion is made out of plastic so that maintence wouldn't have to keep repairing too much rusting wrought iron.

I believed her for a long time. But now I don't think she is correct.

Comment

Apparrently, that wrought-iron pattern is still commercially available.

Comment

The 'colorblind' bulldozer operator. Also, the old man listening to the banjo in the Bayou scene of POTC is Jean Lafitte.

Comment

Don't forget that The Haunted Mansion was so scary that a news reporter died and they had to close it down and refubish the entire ride.=D thats funny)

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                                      The 'colorblind' bulldozer operator.

thats not real?

DANG YOU STEVE MARTIN!!!!
                                      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post

I dont want to know what they will say when they drain the bay at DCA, "The Maliboomer will fall over"
                                        I think that would be an improvement.

Comment

That none of the 'Disneyland Deaths' had the victims pronounced dead in the park. I always get a kick out of that one.
                                          sigpicThe Kid

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X