This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite alternate Remember location

So we all know that the fireworks are designed to be best viewed from the front of the hub. However, that being a relatively small and extremely busy location, a spot here requires a good hour's wait, and you're certainly not going anywhere for about twenty minutes afterward. With that in mind, it's generally a good idea to seek an alternate location, especially if you've seen the show as intended before. So, have you found a good place to enjoy the fireworks without dealing with the crowds?

My personal favorite is Big Thunder. The trick is to watch the first Fantasmic! from somewhere on the Frontierland side of the river, standing near the back. This way, as soon as the show concludes, you can hurry out into the open walkway while the crowd is still gathering themselves to leave, and book it to Big Thunder. You should be able to walk directly onto the ride, since no one really ventures into this area if they're not watching Fantasmic!, and most of the crowds are standing enthralled outside. You won't be able to see anything from the castle or hear the music, but the views of the displays from Toontown and the various locations around the park are phenomenal, especially since the climb outside directly faces Toontown with absolutely nothing in the way. With some luck and good timing, you'll be taken inside the mountain during segments where the onlly action is on the castle, and outside when there are lots of fun fireworks in the sky. (At least, that's what happened when we did it. It seemed like the ride was perfectly timed to show off the coolest fireworks.)

Has anyone else found a decent spot for Remember? I know the outdoor part of the Space Mountain queue was reliable for Believe; how does it hold up for the new show?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Re: Favorite alternate Remember location

From in Fantasyland, just behind the ropes. I went to City Hall and requested to add speakers to this location, because the show is all around you, just like in the Hub, and Tinkerbell is literally about 30 feet from you!! But there's no speakers in Fantasyland at this time. So, gotta make some kind of written request. Because seeing Tinkerbell that close is AMAZING.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

There are no alternate locations. If you're not in the hub, you're not experiencing Remember.

Comment

Plaza In for seating. You don't get into "wars" with people that way.
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

i like the area behind "club buzz" and the train station . . .

Comment

I enjoy watching from directly in front of the queue are of the Matterhorn (between there and the smoking area.) It gives you an awesome view of the fireworks, and there's not too many people.
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dshimel
              There are no alternate locations. If you're not in the hub, you're not experiencing Remember.
              Have you seen it from anywhere else? True, you can't experience every element of the show from outside the hub, but there are other places in the park where you can still enjoy the show. If you've seen it from the hub once or twice, you know what you're missing and can mentally fill in the blanks. Heck, I love experiencing Remember from home by listening to the soundtrack and watching the show in my head. A good experience with this show doesn't have to include insane crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak
                Have you seen it from anywhere else? True, you can't experience every element of the show from outside the hub, but there are other places in the park where you can still enjoy the show. If you've seen it from the hub once or twice, you know what you're missing and can mentally fill in the blanks. Heck, I love experiencing Remember from home by listening to the soundtrack and watching the show in my head. A good experience with this show doesn't have to include insane crowds.
                I agree with Aerin. While it is best viewed from the hub in front of the castle, there are many other locations in the park that provide you with an equally magical experience. And you know us damn APers. Besides ruining the park for everyone else, we get to see the show as often as we'd like. )
                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I discovered another surprisingly handy location for fireworks viewing: the parking garage. Seriously, stop laughing, it really works. Well, it really works if you've seen the show multiple times and can interpret the vague colors radiating off the castle as the specific effects and can tell that the music you can barely hear actually goes with a certain part of the show. Otherwise it's just pretty lights in the sky. But since you're behind Toontown, you get the added, unexpectedly cool experience of seeing exactly where the fireworks are launched from. There were at least two dozen separate locations scattered around that rear area. They also seemed much bigger from that angle, and you can tell how LOUD they are.

There are downsides, of course, chief among them being car alarms. We watched from the 5th level so we could just barely make out the top of the Matterhorn, but couldn't see Tink. I imagine that the 6th level would be able to see at least a little green speck as it descended, as well as more of the castle effects, but I can't say for sure. Also, there was a really annoying bar blocking the view, so I had to crane my head forward and look up, bending the top of my spine roughly into the shape of a question mark. Again, this might not be a problem from the upper deck.

So if you've just made a quick jaunt to the parks for dinner or one of the parades and want to watch the fireworks without the hassle, this might be an ideal spot. No two hour wait for seats required.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X