Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My own personal Disneyland tragedy.. boo hoo!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own personal Disneyland tragedy.. boo hoo!

So.. maybe I'm exaggerating.. just a little..

Anyway, I JUST got back from Disneyland right now and felt the need to go on here and whine and cry and pout and complain.. cuz I'm an AP-er and that's what I do best.. hahaha!

Just kidding..

My first plan for the night was to head of to Knott's Halloween Haunt. It was sold out and the call of Disneyland was waaaay too strong to resist.

I went to go get a Nestle Toll House Ice Cream sandwhich.. which I usually get but haven't gotten in so long... and lo and behold.. the CM tells me..

"We don't sell the Nestle Toll House Cookie Ice Cream Sandwhiches anymore."

WHAT?!?!?!?

He said it was because those beloved cookie sandwhiches of mine contain a lot of trans fat so the powers that be at Disneyland have decided to discontinue selling them..

He then told me I could get them at the 7Eleven if I really wanted them..

WHY?!?! It's not the same! You don't break your teeth at the ones you get at 7Eleven! IT'S ALL ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE!!

The CM laughed.. we shared a "moment"... aww..

I opted for the Mickey ice cream sandwhich.. with the chocolate that sticks to your teeth as you eat it.. it was good.. but it will never be the same..

I wonder if Nestle decides to get rid of the trans fat.. if Disney will start selling them again..

What do you think??

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Re: My own personal Disneyland tragedy.. boo hoo!

That would be nice. I wonder if Disney will commission Mickey shaped ones made out of chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

Whatever happened to personal choices? As long as they make it evident that the cookie sandwiches have trans-fat then why should they deny people their cookie fix.

And what's up with Nestle? If KFC can stop with the trans-fat, why can't they?

Comment

I just find it both sad and ironic that in today's day and age instead of having personal responsibility... the public blames the company for the unhealthy food. In the case of cigarettes and alcohol I can understand because they are addictive, but in many cases it is the person's lifestyle choices. When I'm home I'm pretty healthy, but when I'm on vacation I enjoy eating those sweets that might not be so healthy for me... BOO... sadly this is the same public that demands everything be watered down and force fed to them!
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
          So.. maybe I'm exaggerating.. just a little..

Anyway, I JUST got back from Disneyland right now and felt the need to go on here and whine and cry and pout and complain.. cuz I'm an AP-er and that's what I do best.. hahaha!

Just kidding..

My first plan for the night was to head of to Knott's Halloween Haunt. It was sold out and the call of Disneyland was waaaay too strong to resist.

Heading to Knotts was your first mistake.

Bad karma.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I suspect Disney is already at work on a product to replace it that isn't so fattening... I hope.

Comment

I love Knotts, :lol: ok, so if this is a trip report on with the show)))))))) ( pics please !!

Comment

Personally I didnt like that cookie sandwich... but still sad to see something of someone elses enjoyment to go...
                You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

When we were there Sept. 25-30 I saw people eating them( they are a favourite of ours too!) so they must have just stopped selling. You can get them in the store in the Tropicana across on Harbor.

Comment

BOO!! That one was my favorite! I got that all the time!! This is soooo sad! Man! I understand that certain foods are not healthy for us...but we get to make that choice! It's our choice! ARG!

My best score ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                      Heading to Knotts was your first mistake.

Bad karma.
                      Ya.. I was thinking that too!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                        Whatever happened to personal choices? As long as they make it evident that the cookie sandwiches have trans-fat then why should they deny people their cookie fix.

And what's up with Nestle? If KFC can stop with the trans-fat, why can't they?
                        probably because people sue Disney for making them fat... :P There is suppose to be like a dip n dot replacement... but nothing so far... And i was told that the SV carts will still be selling the cookies (Carts with Cotton Candy, Precups and drinks)

They also changed the Churros too... New provider i think... but it also says 0 g of Transfat on the box...

maybe Disneyland is going healthy? I mean some stations of MHT have fruits...
                        ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

You probably won't break your teeth on it, but if you're looking for cookies & ice cream head to the Main Street Cone Shop (when it's open, usually 2-9)

They make a cookie ice cream sandwich right in front of you. And if you're nice, you could even go crazy and get some ice cream besides vanilla! I know it's probably not exactly the same, but it might help with your loss.

Comment

Oh ya.. I forgot to mention that when I looked at the nutritional value of those Mickey Ice Cream Sandwhiches.. I saw that they contain ONE GRAM OF TRANS FAT in them..

Hmm..

I wanted to go back the CM and show him.. but I didn't wanna seem dorky about it..

Comment

Originally posted by fantoongal View Post
                              You probably won't break your teeth on it, but if you're looking for cookies & ice cream head to the Main Street Cone Shop (when it's open, usually 2-9)

They make a cookie ice cream sandwich right in front of you. And if you're nice, you could even go crazy and get some ice cream besides vanilla! I know it's probably not exactly the same, but it might help with your loss.
                              Oooh interesting... I'll have to check that out! Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

i think it's sad that we have to take away the good food to "protect" the people who can't make healthy decisions.

Comment

Oh ya.. I forgot to mention that when I looked at the nutritional value of those Mickey Ice Cream Sandwhiches.. I saw that they contain ONE GRAM OF TRANS FAT in them..

Hmm..

I wanted to go back the CM and show him.. but I didn't wanna seem dorky about it..
                                  well, i heard the cookie consist of around 6g of trans fat... i think. so 1g isnt much...

Comment

Originally posted by Duffy View Post
                                    well, i heard the cookie consist of around 6g of trans fat... i think. so 1g isnt much...
                                    Ya.. one gram isn't much compared to six.

Ok.. so it's a good thing I didn't run up to the CM and said "See.. see.. trans fat.. one gram.. see.. see??"

He'd probably just laugh at me.. haha..

Comment

Ya.. one gram isn't much compared to six.

Ok.. so it's a good thing I didn't run up to the CM and said "See.. see.. trans fat.. one gram.. see.. see??"

He'd probably just laugh at me.. haha..
                                      haha, man, if we cause that much fat at Disneyland, you might as well get rid of all the snacks! muahahahahahahahahaa!!! :P

I steal your Churros and popcorn away!!! WIN WIN WIN WIN! :P

Comment

Originally posted by ~*~Aniko~*~ View Post
                                        i think it's sad that we have to take away the good food to "protect" the people who can't make healthy decisions.
                                        Let's just say, without getting up on my protracted soapbox speach, people are basically thoughtless, brainless, lemmings. Let's let our govt. and our industries tell us what's good and right for us, we can't use our own judgement or decision making processes in our lives. If I want to eat trans fats, then by god, I'll eat trans-fats. But the big difference is, I'll not hold anybody but myself responsible for the outcome of my decisions.

As for myself, I miss Fantasia ice cream cones from Carnation Gardens.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X