This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your feelings at the outset?

I am optimistic, but going to wait for them to finish to pass final judgment. I think that the plans we have heard about, should they all come to fruition, will do wonders for the park.
    Anything Disney does is fine by me
    3.64%
    Optimistic, I trust Disney
    30.91%
    Cautiously optimistic, I trust them, but I'm going to wait
    54.55%
    Pesimistic, I really don't think it will be as great as they say
    1.82%
    Lately Disney has failed me
    0.00%
    Other/Waiting till it's done/No opinion
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Re: What are your feelings at the outset?

I am very hopeful about the future knowing that John Lassiter, Tony Baxter and Alane Weiss are all working there magic to bring DCA into the fold properly, make the needed changes to Disneyland and take care of the place. Now all that is needed is Matt back.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Call me cautiously optimistic. There seems to be good plans, but then some items seem to undermind the whole endevour.

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
      I am very hopeful about the future knowing that John Lassiter, Tony Baxter and Alane Weiss are all working there magic to bring DCA into the fold properly, make the needed changes to Disneyland and take care of the place. Now all that is needed is Matt back.
      Bob is the Imagineer, Al Weiss is the President of Worldwide Operations for Parks and Resorts.

Comment

I'm optimistic that they are going to go above and beyond to make sure that they don't screw up this time. They're going to do enough to please even the pickiest of Micechatters.

Comment

I feel the parks creative and overall development are now in good hands, but you never know...especially with DCA...Im optimistic in knowing the potential of what DCA can do, its just up to certain people to tap into it...we'll see
          You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

i believe in john laseter,and he seems to know what he's doing
            sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

I'm excited about all of it - My question is, how long is it all going to take??
              sigpic
              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Supposed to have Most if not all done by the parks 10th in 2011
                You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

I'll trust them... as long as they do away with the california theme.... But I don't think thats gonna happen
                  All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

I'm totally optimistic. Previous management is out and the current crop of guys are doing an okay job of digging the resort of the hole it's been in for so many years. Robert Iger has stated that he is committed to pumping money into the parks, and the they look way better than they did during the Pressler/Harris years.

There is still a lot of work to do but at the end of the day the place is on its way up.

Comment

I agree, it looks a lot better than it did not so long ago. I think sometimes we look at the big picture and see all the things that are not as good as they could be and we wonder why it can't all be fixed. I think if we were actually there in charge of getting funding and organizing things we might realize what a massive project this really is and be a little more understanding of the years that this is going to take.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I'm also optimistic. Maybe I should wait until I see what actually happens, but I'm excited to see what it looks like. Especially turning Hollywood backlot theme into acutal Hollywood. I'm sure that'll be much better. But as far as how Toy Story fits into a Victorian theme, I am a little more cautious on that one. I'm not sure how that'll work. But, overall, yes, it sounds good.
                        "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
                        Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                          Al Weiss is the President of Worldwide Operations for Parks and Resorts.
                          Al Weiss gets on my nerves.

Comment

I put cautiously optimistic, which is pretty much how I am about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X